(NHL Playoffs) Rite of Spring 2017: can't go on, no, I'll go on

The_Admiral

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Cosmic said:

Ask the GM:

"On the same day Armstrong defended his decision to keep former pending free agents David Backes and Troy Brouwer for last season's playoff push, he explained why he did not repeat that choice with Shattenkirk, who was viewed as one of the league's top unrestricted free agents at the fast-approaching Wednesday deadline.

"I would say, if we were sitting where Minnesota (first) or Chicago (second) were in our standings in our division, I would have thought, you know what, they've earned it," Armstrong said. "You people (media) as experts can tell us who are Cup contenders and who are not Cup contenders. Everyone says Minnesota is a Cup contender. Everyone says Chicago is a Cup contender, based on what they do and with their experience. Last year at this deadline, everyone said St. Louis is a Cup contender. Now we are at the dark horse part of that. But dark horses win every once in a while, too."

"You build your team, then you look at it and you rebuild it," he said. "There are two teams that haven't had to rebuild it, and that's the Chicago Blackhawks and the Pittsburgh Penguins." He added: "This is not a good feeling. This is not a feeling I want to continue. But it's something that I felt like we had to transition, and when you transition, you have to make hard decisions, and you have to ride out the storm. Has it been easy? No."

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/hockey/professional/morning-skate/armstrong-shattenkirk-trade-continues-blues-transition-to-newer-team/article_6de72ba5-784c-56fc-b3ea-d91944afea06.html

Yeah, sounds like a guy that was planning on a long playoff run.

So how'd that work out for Chicago and Minnesota? :)

There's a difference in "checking out" and just trading a player that was going to leave no matter what. Army knew he had to trade shatty22 while he could atleast get something for him. 

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Last time the Oilers beat in the Sharks in 6, they went all the way to the finals.  If the Flames couldn't advance, I'm glad their provincial rivals were finally able to get some success after 10 long years.

The Leafs have pushed back against the Capitals all series. They've refused to lie down or be intimidated by a team everyone said would walk all over them. They need to win two in a row to advance. They've done it before. They can do it again. The Toronto Maple Leafs can beat the Washington Capitals. I didn't truly believe that at the start of this series. I do now.

2 hours ago, Cosmic said:

The Rangers play the NFL on Fox theme in the arena?

I asked this question to old CCSLC friend @njmeadowlanders on Twitter the other day. He says that they often play this theme (or any NFL themes, really) when the MSG jumbotron shows Giants or Jets players in attendance.

Because I had the same thought a few nights ago and found it rather weird.

spacer.png

Damnit. I really enjoyed last years "excited about hockey well into June" feeling. Damn you Sharks for giving me a taste before returning to your early exit ways.

Now we root for the underdogs and ponder what might have been.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, infrared41 said:

WTF? Did he chop up some European hockey player with an axe before he came to work?  

"TRY MAKING THE RED WINGS NOW, YOU F------ STUPID BASTARD!"

patrick-bateman-axe-gif.gif

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

I knew it was gonna happen but it still sucks. God I hate this team sometimes. But whatever, get young and get speed because you old sacks of :censored: were way too :censored:ing slow the whole :censored:ing series and gave up breakaways all :censored:ing day. Release your stupid :censored:ing fan favorites and get young so you can compete a few years down the road. Or just keep suckin dick, who gives a :censored:?

Stupid :censored:ing Sharks. Couldn't even keep the second round choker label around. 

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

38 minutes ago, Morgo said:

Last time the Oilers beat in the Sharks in 6, they went all the way to the finals.  If the Flames couldn't advance, I'm glad their provincial rivals were finally able to get some success after 10 long years.

The Canucks fan turned Flames fan is happy the Oilers advanced... I'm at a loss.

---

And sure, c'mon Edmonton. We'll make McDavid die for your sins.

Also, think about this... the Ducks or Oilers will play the Blues or Predators to go to the Stanley Cup Final... how weird is that?

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Blowing that 2 goal lead was devastating. Very winnable series and blew it. Who knows what changes the team will make before next year, and who knows how the division will look like(if LA bounces back,etc).  Pulling for the Preds to come out of the West. Just not happy right now, can't believe I'm considering pulling for the Ducks over the Oilers next week.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

giphy.gif

IN TO THE FLOOD AGAIN

SAME OLD TRIP BACK THEN

SO I MADE A BIG MISTAKE

TRY TO SEE IT ONCE MY WAY

I expected as much out of the Sharks, given the aura of tiredness I've felt with the team. Maybe last year's run took too much out of them (going far because faster teams in the Western Conference got taken out early) or this year's play took its toll, I'm not sure. These gents are old and dilapidated, without much of a farm system to take their place. Trade away the rotten core (which should have happened after the reverse sweep), and let them find hope on other teams. Bring in new guys, guys who may either turn the ship around or launch the team into a spiral of rebuilds, whatever. Just give us something new, instead of variations on the same old story.

Ah well, it's nice to watch the playoffs without a horse in the race.

Archived