(NHL Playoffs) Rite of Spring 2017: can't go on, no, I'll go on

The_Admiral

When I first saw it I did think that it happened pretty quickly. It's not like Niskanen skated across the rink to cross check Crosby's head, but imo there was at least a little intent. I'd have to look at it again but when I first saw it I thought that Nisky could've at least moved his hands away from the head. 

Anyway, that was a nice win. Builds some character to win despite a choke like that. Also a nice confidence boost for Shattenkirk, who was trash in G2. 

spacer.png

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"well he should've tried to hold up and not hit Crosby"

First of all, Crosby plays hockey so contrary to Penguindom he's allowed to be checked. Second of all, the game is played so fast there's no time to adjust if a guy falls while you're in the process of lining him up. It happens. Third of all, if you give Crosby any amount of space he will burn you so you have to play him that close all the time. A former teammate would know that better than anyone.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Either way, our best player (and best player in the league) is out and now we're left picking up the broken pieces. It's not like 2011 where we had both Malkin and Letang to pick us up, cause Letang's injured too. This just doesn't bode well.

I've also seen many people claim around the web that Crosby faked the injury. I don't know why they've come to that assertion, anyone could see that he was clearly in pain.

NSFCvyu.png

Faked it?  They won't believe that when he plays no more playoff games in 2017.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Note to Pittsbrugh sports fans: your writers aren't exactly helping the stereotypes.

Link to original article: http://www.upgruv.com/ovechkin-niskanen-crosby-injury-nhl-2388421629.html?utm_source=mobileapps_ios

Link to Yahoo article commentary: https://sports.yahoo.com/news/pittsburgh-columnist-wants-ovechkin-banned-calls-trotz-loser-134313509.html

spacer.png

33 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

Note to Pittsbrugh sports fans: your writers aren't exactly helping the stereotypes.

Link to original article: http://www.upgruv.com/ovechkin-niskanen-crosby-injury-nhl-2388421629.html?utm_source=mobileapps_ios

Link to Yahoo article commentary: https://sports.yahoo.com/news/pittsburgh-columnist-wants-ovechkin-banned-calls-trotz-loser-134313509.html

Screw that.  Clear Pittsburgh bias and makes me want to barf.  

Not as bad as me overhearing Penguins fans SCREAMING that Niskanen get a ban for the rest of the playoffs AND 41 games next season.  First, that will not happen and second....are you STUPID?!?

This was clean from Nisky's side of things. He was kind of in the wrong place, at the wrong time. Penguin fans stormed the castle (so to speak) on the various Caps' social media sites basically wanting to lynch Niskanen on sight.

The Pittsburgh writers are not helping things. They're only stirring the pot (Intentionally? Perhaps.)

Also; good to see Shatty pull his weight. I was saying Shattenkirk needed to pull his head out of his butt because he was a complete no-show in Games 1 and 2. He needed to have some kind of positive impact in Game 3 to try and turn the Caps playoff fortunes around.

2 hours ago, JWhiz96 said:

I've also seen many people claim around the web that Crosby faked the injury. I don't know why they've come to that assertion, anyone could see that he was clearly in pain.

I don't like Crosby; but why on earth would he consider "faking" this injury?

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

48 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

This article doesn't help either...

http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/12252418-74/gorman-crosby-hit-a-low-blow-by-caps

My favorite quote from the article

Maybe you'd be more willing to buy that explanation if it wasn't from the Capitals, the same organization against which Crosby suffered a concussion on a blindside hit by David Steckel in the 2011 Winter Classic, an injury that caused him to miss 63 games over two seasons.

The Steckel hit wasn't a cheap shot, Crosby wasn't looking where he was going and skated in to the path of Steckel

Also thought this was a funny tweet

Siginature.png.90aaa7d86f8ba1448206f0cbc8f97442.pngBahamasBowl_SIG.pngCxpIxxZ.png

43 minutes ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

I don't like Crosby; but why on earth would he consider "faking" this injury?

He wouldn't, that's the point. But the same people claiming he faked this injury are the same people who call him "Crysby", "Cindy" and all those other names whenever he's injured.

To say that this doesn't alter the series is being naïve. In addition to Crosby's absence, Sheary is now hurt, which basically leaves Hornqvist as the only starter on that line. Those who wanted to see the Pens downed might finally get their wish.

NSFCvyu.png

His attack on Crosby... Actually got me to laugh aloud.

8 hours ago, JWhiz96 said:

He wouldn't, that's the point. But the same people claiming he faked this injury are the same people who call him "Crysby", "Cindy" and all those other names whenever he's injured.

It's almost a double edged sword for him because when he does get injured; everyone (Penguins fans) gets in an uproar and calling for the head of the player who is 'responsible' which in turn only fuels the fire for those who are not Crosby fans. But when he does do something :censored:ty in a game like a cheap slash behind the play (not that he's alone in these antics), people rush to his defense. He's a very divisive player that's for sure. 

Pens will miss him in Game 4 but they have still gotta be considered favorites in this series even without him.

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

9 hours ago, ODUMonarchs said:

This article doesn't help either...

http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/12252418-74/gorman-crosby-hit-a-low-blow-by-caps

My favorite quote from the article

The Steckel hit wasn't a cheap shot, Crosby wasn't looking where he was going and skated in to the path of Steckel

Also thought this was a funny tweet

That tweet was one of the funniest I've read in a while.  Thank you sir.

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, worcat said:

Refs making more bull :censored: calls against the Blues. Just give the Predatards the game.

And the embellishment call was bs that went in the Blues favor. 

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Absolute zero reason to give Reaves a penalty. If thats the case, then 3 guys from each team should have been in the box. Whatever

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

1 minute ago, worcat said:

Absolute zero reason to give Reaves a penalty. If thats the case, then 3 guys from each team should have been in the box. Whatever

It was a call that could have gone either way. I think the refs are trying to keep control, unlike another recent game that got away from the zebras. Both teams fell victim to some heavy-handed refereeing.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Putting your arm around a players neck deserves a penalty but players can be blasted without puck possession and not get called for INT.

These refs are God awful.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Archived