(NHL Playoffs) Rite of Spring 2017: can't go on, no, I'll go on

The_Admiral

3 minutes ago, worcat said:

Putting your arm around a players neck deserves a penalty but players can be blasted without puck possession and not get called for INT.

These refs are God awful.

Or how they missed a player getting rocked after play was blown dead?

Calls get missed, that's a part of the game. As long as it isn't one sided, that's the key. I want my team to win because they play better, not because of crappy officiating. The zebras haven't been great, but they've been ok, and even-handed.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blues will win game 5 at home, so as to set up a game 6 loss as is right.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

We all should be experiencing 1-1 overtime bonus hockey but you know....

I fully expect the Blues to fold next game, I'd be happy with a game 6 loss. It's what the Blues do.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

1 hour ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

Who'da thunk that we may possibly see a Western Conference Final between Nashville and Edmonton?

I'm pulling for Edmonton. I'd be lying if I said that McDavid didn't scare me, a little bit, but we won all three regular season games against them. Also, if a team is going to get by mine, I'd rather it be the city that hasn't won a cup in 27 years, versus the city that won one 10 years ago.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

39 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

The Capitals are BROKEN.

I've hardly watched Games 3 and 4. This team is so predictable. If we don't lose it in 5 we'll lose it in 6, and anyone who tells you otherwise is lying. 

spacer.png

I never bought the "IT'S A WHOLE NEW SERIES WITH CROSBY OUT" narrative. No hockey team is this good off of the back of just one player. Not even the best player in the world. The Pens are too deep, even with all of their injuries, to be slowed down any significant amount. MAF was the question mark, but he made some huge saves tonight. Maybe the demotion was what he needed to get his head in order? I don't know, but this team looks unstoppable at the moment.

4 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

I never bought the "IT'S A WHOLE NEW SERIES WITH CROSBY OUT" narrative. No hockey team is this good off of the back of just one player. Not even the best player in the world. The Pens are too deep, even with all of their injuries, to be slowed down any significant amount. MAF was the question mark, but he made some huge saves tonight. Maybe the demotion was what he needed to get his head in order? I don't know, but this team looks unstoppable at the moment.

Anytime I saw an article/headline that said "this is a series again," I died a little inside. Hockey writers are idiots. When it comes to Caps-Pens, its never a series. Literally everyone knows what's going to happen. 

spacer.png

Archived