(NHL Playoffs) Rite of Spring 2017: can't go on, no, I'll go on

The_Admiral

As much as I don't really care for the Flames or Oilers, an all-Canada final for the 150th would be pretty cool, considering how it's a THING now that Canada hasn't won the Cup in a long time.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Entered. I picked the Jackets to go to the finals. Do I actually think that's going to happen? Not really, but a few years ago a friend of mine picked his alma mater Kentucky to win the NCAA tournament as an 8 seed. They made it to the championship game and he ended up winning $1,000 in a pool. The lesson was homerism is as good a reason as any to pick a team to go far. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

5 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

As much as I don't really care for the Flames or Oilers, an all-Canada final for the 150th would be pretty cool, considering how it's a THING now that Canada hasn't won the Cup in a long time.

the west was hard. not a fan of the flames, nor the oilers decision to go orange.

I also would love the preds makingit

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

7 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

Of all the sports years for that to happen this would be the year for that to happen. The two longest droughts in baseball played for the World Series last year. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

7 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

Of all the sports years for that to happen this would be the year for that to happen. The two longest droughts in baseball played for the World Series last year. 

Go Leafs go! Nobody has a longer Cup drought.

25 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

Entered. I picked the Jackets to go to the finals. Do I actually think that's going to happen? Not really, but a few years ago a friend of mine picked his alma mater Kentucky to win the NCAA tournament as an 8 seed. They made it to the championship game and he ended up winning $1,000 in a pool. The lesson was homerism is as good a reason as any to pick a team to go far. 

I almist put the Jackets in the conference final, because Capitals. And then, if they faced Montreal, that could go either way, right? I feel like I'm snorting uncut parity here.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I can totally see the Jackets eking out a series win against the Penguins because of their wrecked defense and tendency to flame out in early rounds, then getting the Capitals who will always piss all over themselves. I think whoever wins Montreal-New York comes out of the East.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I hope your face flames out early. Anything other than winning the West with this roster, this cap window, and this draw is a huge disappointment for the Hawks.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

^
Old Leafs logo?  Null and void.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

29 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

^
Old Leafs logo?  Null and void.

Urinating Tree (Name of the YouTuber the video is by) is actually quite smart & hilarious at bashing sports teams. His "lolcow" series is one of the funniest I've stumbled upon. He's a channel to watch in 2017. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

Who I'm rooting for:

East: Maple Leafs, Rangers, Senators, Penguins

West: Predators, Wild, Flames, Oilers

Who I think will win:

Conference Quarterfinals:

Washington over Toronto in 6

Montreal over NY Rangers in 7

Ottawa over Boston in 7

Pittsburgh over Columbus in 7

Chicago over Nashville in 6

Minnesota over St. Louis in 6

Anaheim over Calgary in 6

Edmonton over San Jose in 7

Conference Semifinals:

Montreal over Ottawa in 6

Pittsburgh over Washington in 7

Chicago over Minnesota in 6

Anaheim over Edmonton in 6

Conference Finals:

Montreal over Pittsburgh in 7

Chicago over Anaheim in 7

Stanley Cup Finals:

Chicago over Montreal in 7

First period of BOS/OTT was as Jack Edwards put it, furious. Really setting the tone for a long, gritty series, great hockey, evenly matched.

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

Marchand completes the comeback after the Bruins don't record a shot on goal in the entire second period. Series comes back to Boston even at worst.

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

3 hours ago, Morgo said:

I have zero faith in Columbus to pull this off, even with Fleury between the pipes.

Still not counting them out. Maybe if the Pens win Game Two I'll feel more comfortable. There were some stretches of that game where Columbus really carried the play (16-3 in shots after the first? Yeesh.)

Fleury isn't one to count out, either. He's backstopped two cup runs (one of which was a winner), after all. If Murray is really hurt and Fleury's the guy this spring, then I hope he's able to prove that those abysmal playoff performances for a while there were mostly due to those teams' total lack of defense.

I also wouldn't consider only being without Letang a "wrecked defense". If anything, it's more defensively solid without the turnover/stupid penalty/out of position machine back there.

oBIgzrL.png

The Wild sneak their 44th shot past Allen to send it into OT.

Central time zone teams in the West...

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived