(NHL Playoffs) Rite of Spring 2017: can't go on, no, I'll go on

The_Admiral

28 minutes ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

I'm going to LMAO if Ottawa somehow upends Pittsburgh, after two of the top three teams in the East failed to do so. Watch it happen, it would be arguably one of the most funniest things to happen in this league.

Why would it be funny, they're super fatigued from winning the cup last year, missing Letang and Murray (who you should absolutely not believe is game-ready yet), and this whole thing is the result of an incredibly stupid playoff format.

It's impossible to repeat, but a beat-up Penguins team beat the two best teams in the east. This season is a success no matter what happens now.

1zgyd8w.jpg

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Finally, new teams," nerds will say about a series between two teams that have made the first or second round almost every year since 2005

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Pens-Ducks creeping closer and closer. It's Super Bowl LI all over again man, as soon as it's started to bubble you can just feel it coming inevitably (or is that the Mexican food I had earlier?). The worst part is my home team is shaping up to be crushed in the process in its first time in the deep rounds of the postseason. I don't care tons for hockey or watch passionately, but that's sure gonna suck because it's so refreshing to see a Nashville/Tennessee team actually be pretty dang great and make a deep title run. This is a year to be proud of, I would take a 0-4 sweep in the WCF if they played Edmonton or a 0-4 sweep in the SCF if they played Ottawa, but the Ducks in the WCF? Or even if they get through to the SCF, the Pens? Yuck.

ICXC NIKA

Just now, ninersdd said:

8 straight years with a California team in the Final 4.

You must be so proud of the Ducks and Kings!!

The second I saw that behind the net collision, I lost all faith that Edmonton could pull it off.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Would have been pretty cool to see more of the best player in the NHL but that's okay, we have more goddamn Ryan Kesler

F***. This team just could not stay focused for a full three periods throughout the playoffs, and it was their undoing tonight. Congrats to all you Ducks fans out there, I'm usually sympathetic to your cause, though I hope you lose the next round. Ryan Kesler can go piss up a flagpole. 

Extremely proud of this team, they finally broke through on rebuild #3, and I see a lot more playoff hockey in their future.

Go Sens, and Godspeed, 2016-17 Edmonton Oilers. It was a fun ride.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Just now, the admiral said:

Would have been pretty cool to see more of the best player in the NHL but that's okay, we have more goddamn Ryan Kesler

Don't forget bonus Cindy Crosby show.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Remember when the NHL came back from the lockout but Los Angeles, Chicago, Boston, Pittsburgh, Washington, St. Louis, and Toronto all had horrible teams, so no one was watching? It's like that but without penalties for obstruction.

Archived