(NHL Playoffs) Rite of Spring 2017: can't go on, no, I'll go on

The_Admiral

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, monkeypower said:

Hey BeerGuyJordan, I was making fun of the Perds. Don't know if you really want to like it or not.

Just because I'm a fan of the team, doesn't mean I'm crazy about the chants, or cheers. I also hate country music and honky-tonk culture.

I can't really control what fandom organically occured. Doesn't mean I have to be a kool-aid drinking homer.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

5 minutes ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

Didn't everyone think that about last year's NSH/ANA series?

Preds in 6.

That was with Boudreau.

Now we know the game 7 curse was HIS fauly!

Everything's coming up Carlyle.

2 minutes ago, SabresRule7361 said:

That was with Boudreau.

Now we know the game 7 curse was HIS fauly!

Everything's coming up Carlyle.

I respect the hell out of what the Oilers did, this season, with such a young team. In a few years, we may be looking at a series of Edmonton/Toronto SCFs. 

That being said, Anaheim struggled with a team that couldn't focus for 60 minutes of hockey. Now they face a team they lost to last year, who are also playing better, more consistent hockey than the last post-season.

I'm not saying the Ducks can't do it, I'm just saying it's foolish to think of this as a gimme.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

When did the admiral wake up from his cryogenic sleep? Why does he only seem to hate hockey when the Blackhawks are out of it? Does Ice Cap get notifications on his phone whenever admiral posts just so he can "like" them? So many mysteries.

2 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

Add in that, despite supposed parity, all but one Cup since 2011 has gone to either the Kings, Hawks, or Penguins, and you've got a league that never fails to frustrate. 

Fans shouldn't project the failures of their own team as being a failure of the league. 4 different teams winning a championship in 6 years isn't exactly a terrible sign. Sports fans are too finicky. They want to see someone new win, but as soon as that team starts winning regularly, they want them gone. They somehow want the league to fix it so Connor McDavid is in the Final, but hate that Sidney Crosby has been in more than one. Nobody's happy and nobody is ever satisfied. The NHL isn't last of the Big 4 because of Bettman, it's because the fans are miserable, even when things go their way. It's a league full of Patriots fans.

*glances up from pile of St. Louis Blues nihilism beer bottles*

So I gather after tonight I need to make room down here for a lot of y'alls?

:censored: let's just get that replay of the 2007 Finals or whatever.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

1 hour ago, Ice_Cap said:

Yep.  You might as well admit it...  This could have been such a good night too.  The Capitals could have finally got past the Penguins in a dramatic, come-from-behind fashion.  The dream of an all Canadian final could have been alive and most importantly the piss-stained-duck-feet could have blown a 3-2 series lead for the 5th year in a row.  Would have been perfect karma for the ridiculous non-call at the end of game 5. 

Go Preds.

41 minutes ago, Still MIGHTY said:

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYY GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

THEY DID IT! THEY FINALLY :censored: ING DID IT!

I mean, it seems obvious, but winning a Game 7 feels SO much better than losing them again, and again, and again, and again. I've almost never been prouder of that damn team. So good. Can't wipe this smile off my face.

Hell of a series, Edmonton. That's a team that's gonna run this conference sooner rather than later. Glad to get by them and get a shot now, because it's gonna be quite hard to do that in future years. (And finally ran into some real nice Edmonton fans that drove 26 hours to see them play. Good on those guys. Salt of the earth folk.)

As for the rest of you.... I don't give a :censored: about ratings. I don't give a :censored: about how you feel about our team. Honestly, real tired of all your :censored: . So Let's :censored: ing Go Ducks. Bring on Nashville.

th?id=OIP.Jnc6ghSFO2vKTJpvlXMl9AD4Es&pid

This ^.

Entitled Anaheim "fans" circa 2007 are going to tell us how big fans they are. Let's enjoy this moment.....

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

51 minutes ago, Still MIGHTY said:

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYY GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

THEY DID IT! THEY FINALLY :censored: ING DID IT!

I mean, it seems obvious, but winning a Game 7 feels SO much better than losing them again, and again, and again, and again. I've almost never been prouder of that damn team. So good. Can't wipe this smile off my face.

Hell of a series, Edmonton. That's a team that's gonna run this conference sooner rather than later. Glad to get by them and get a shot now, because it's gonna be quite hard to do that in future years. (And finally ran into some real nice Edmonton fans that drove 26 hours to see them play. Good on those guys. Salt of the earth folk.)

As for the rest of you.... I don't give a :censored: about ratings. I don't give a :censored: about how you feel about our team. Honestly, real tired of all your :censored: . So Let's :censored: ing Go Ducks. Bring on Nashville.

It must be nice having seen your team win a championship in your lifetime and be in hot contention for another one for years now, but still be able to find a way to paint your team as one that's some perpetual loser that's just now shaken some curse off its back tonight and, even go the extra mile and be angry at apparent haters. Can't be good for your blood pressure, though.

ICXC NIKA

Just now, The Six said:

I remember, before the internet, when the word "entitled" had meaning other than "person I don't like".

Well when most west coast fans act like pompous f--- boys, you can call them entitled.

But best of wishes to the real fans.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

16 minutes ago, Morgo said:

Yep.  You might as well admit it...  This could have been such a good night too.  The Capitals could have finally got past the Penguins in a dramatic, come-from-behind fashion.  The dream of an all Canadian final could have been alive and most importantly the piss-stained-duck-feet could have blown a 3-2 series lead for the 5th year in a row.  Would have been perfect karma for the ridiculous non-call at the end of game 5. 

Go Preds.

All of the teams you root for keep losing. Don't bring the Predators down with you too. 

5 minutes ago, worcat said:

Well when most west coast fans act like pompous f--- boys, you can call them entitled.

But best of wishes to the real fans.

The prominent Ducks fans here on these boards are real fans. Just saying (coming from a Kings fan).

And every fanbase has fans that act like pompous f--- boys, including yours. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

1 minute ago, Rockstar Matt said:

The prominent Ducks fans here on these boards are real fans. Just saying (coming from a Kings fan).

And every fanbase has fans that like pompous f--- boys, including yours. 

Identifying what fan base you are from does not validate your claim.

Ducks fans can't even agree which identity they appreciate more - Mighty Ducks or Webbed D - alone. Let alone sounding like they have conquered some sort of set back and have fought their way back to the top. GTFO with your BS

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

13 minutes ago, worcat said:

Entitled to what? To watch their team play? The word has lost all meaning.

Depends on who you claim "they" are? Alot of west coast fans seem to be jumping from wagon to wagon these days. I'm sure you are all proud of your long tenured history but maybe some fans are actually dedicated to one team?

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

5 minutes ago, worcat said:

Ducks fans can't even agree which identity they appreciate more - Mighty Ducks or Webbed D - alone. Let alone sounding like they have conquered some sort of set back and have fought their way back to the top. GTFO with your BS

I identified my team because I hate the Ducks, but I don't let that get in the way of my objectivity. 

And the latter part of your comment is irrelevant. You clearly cannot be subjective about this. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

10 minutes ago, worcat said:

So? 

Whining about a team's fanbase because of things that every fanbase does is silly. Every fanbase feels like they've beaten the odds after winning. I've even heard New York Yankees fans talk about how their high-paid roster overcame the odds, and fought through adversity to win a World Series. It's preposterous sure, but at least some people from every fanbase does it. 

Personally, I'd take those fans over the ones who think every sports league is conspiring to ruin their team.

1 minute ago, Rockstar Matt said:

I identified my team because I hate the Ducks, but I don't let that get in the way of my objectivity. 

And the latter part of your comment is irrelevant. You clearly cannot be subjective about this. 

When there is a civil war among your own fan base, I find any relevant comment made in reference to their dysfunctional history asinine  

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Archived