(NHL Playoffs) Rite of Spring 2017: can't go on, no, I'll go on

The_Admiral

9 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

The Wild sneak their 44th shot past Allen to send it into OT.

Central time zone teams in the West...

Wasn't that an 8:45 local start too? Rough.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Still MIGHTY said:

Wasn't that an 8:45 local start too? Rough.

Something like that.  Just underway in OT at 11:30.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Well well well well well well well... Party's not so fun when you lose, is it Edmonton?

Gotta play the full 60. Looking at you too, St. Louis.

----

Edmonton loses in OT. Edmundson wins it in OT.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Fortunately for St. Louis, they are playing a Minnesota team.  

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The playoffs sure are tiring when your team is in it. Really shoddy effort by the Oilers tonight, Sharks were all over them for most of the game, and while the refs were pretty bad the discipline has to improve or they'll get steamrolled. On to game 2!

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

1 hour ago, maz said:

Still not counting them out. Maybe if the Pens win Game Two I'll feel more comfortable. There were some stretches of that game where Columbus really carried the play (16-3 in shots after the first? Yeesh.)

Fleury isn't one to count out, either. He's backstopped two cup runs (one of which was a winner), after all. If Murray is really hurt and Fleury's the guy this spring, then I hope he's able to prove that those abysmal playoff performances for a while there were mostly due to those teams' total lack of defense.

I also wouldn't consider only being without Letang a "wrecked defense". If anything, it's more defensively solid without the turnover/stupid penalty/out of position machine back there.

Even without Letang, this isn't exactly a shaky blueline corps after him ala, say, 1996 outside of Zubov.

They weren't exactly giving up goals by the bushel.

Game 1 of the "You bastards divided by zero series" goes to the Blues.  Yay.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

In addition to that poor performance, Donatos delivered an undercooked, overcheesed pizza to my house and I felt sick after eating it.  They're usually my favorite pizza. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

9 hours ago, SabresRule7361 said:

Even without Letang, this isn't exactly a shaky blueline corps after him ala, say, 1996 outside of Zubov.

They weren't exactly giving up goals by the bushel.

I was more referring to a previous poster's comments about a wrecked defense. I'm inclined to agree with you, the Pens have a damn solid defense. Even when their bottom four became the top four, they held it down this year. 

oBIgzrL.png

15 hours ago, maz said:

I also wouldn't consider only being without Letang a "wrecked defense". If anything, it's more defensively solid without the turnover/stupid penalty/out of position machine back there.

You're clearly not familiar with Ron Hainsey.....

Archived