(NHL Playoffs) Rite of Spring 2017: can't go on, no, I'll go on

The_Admiral

4 minutes ago, Zeus89725 said:

If it wasn't official before, it is now. The Penguins have the refs in their pocket. Subban's goal was clearly onside.

We've had some clear goals disallowed this postseason too. No team is immune from bad calls.

That being said, while I didn't think he was clearly onside, I thought it was too close to call. The goal should have stood IMO.

NSFCvyu.png

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Zeus89725 said:

If it wasn't official before, it is now. The Penguins have the refs in their pocket. Subban's goal was clearly onside.

Even if it wasn't, the play had developed far beyond the point where the play had called. The review rule is fair, but the extent to which it's used now isn't There should be a 5-10 second period after a team crosses the blue line for someone to challenge it. Beyond that is just stupid.

Refs originally called onside, wasn't that mostly the situation room, in Toronto? I'm still not clear on their role, in these situations.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Just now, habsfan1 said:

I'm following the game on Twitter on my phone. The no goal is still being disputed. 

Well it is Twitter. You can find people arguing about whether the Earth is flat or not. 

Anyway the offsides call on the Nashville goal was the right call, by the letter of the law. Ridiculous given that it had no effect on the play the goal was scored on, but the rule is what it is.

Nashville doesn't deserve to win this series if one called back goal in the first game is enough to break them. And I don't think it will. They'll be fine. 

9 minutes ago, Zeus89725 said:

Even if it wasn't, the play had developed far beyond the point where the play had called. The review rule is fair, but the extent to which it's used now isn't There should be a 5-10 second period after a team crosses the blue line for someone to challenge it. Beyond that is just stupid.

Why would the Bettman era NHL rig it for a team like the Penguins when they're playing a sunbelt warm climate expansion team? Would robbing the Preds really #GrowtheGame? :P

ICXC NIKA

Just now, Zeus89725 said:

:censored: ing done with the Pens and the refs. The refs blow an elbowing call while the play develops and the Pens go and score. Unbe-godadmn-lievable.

I used to be a zebra, so I typically give the refs a lot of leeway/understanding. This is even trying my patience.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Jeez, even as a Pens fan, that first "penalty" didn't exist. Hornqvist slipped and fell to the ground untouched. Bad, bad call.

Neal's reaction was clearly a penalty though.

NSFCvyu.png

*orders another beer*

1 minute ago, RockyTopper said:

Why would the Bettman era NHL rig it for a team like the Penguins when they're playing a sunbelt warm climate expansion team? Would robbing the Preds really #GrowtheGame? :P

As I said, the NHL trying to rig something against your team ensures they'll win. This league can't even unveil an expansion team's logo without embarrassing themselves on at least three levels. 

This league's too incompetent to put together the sort of conspiracy you're all accusing them of :P 

7 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

So he shouldn't care if his team wins or loses in their best chance to capture a Cup? Sounds like a loser mentality to me ;) :upside: 

How?  The Predators have met, or exceeded, their expectations...and they're playing the defending champions with the best player in the game.  Suffice to say, they aren't the favorites.  There won't be any shame in losing to the Penguins.  He should be excited that his team is in a position to take down the Penguins.  And it's only the first game out of seven.  The pressure's on Pittsburgh to hold serve at home.

11 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Nashville doesn't deserve to win this series if one called back goal in the first game is enough to break them. And I don't think it will. They'll be fine. 

It's now 3-0 Penguins after 1P.

As much as I love beer, I haven't been drunk since 2013. This game may end the drought. 

7 minutes ago, HedleyLamarr said:

How?  The Predators have met, or exceeded, their expectations...and they're playing the defending champions with the best player in the game.  Suffice to say, they aren't the favorites.  There won't be any shame in losing to the Penguins.  He should be excited that his team is in a position to take down the Penguins.  And it's only the first game out of seven.  The pressure's on Pittsburgh to hold serve at home.

Please note the :upside: 

Archived