(NHL Playoffs) Rite of Spring 2017: can't go on, no, I'll go on

The_Admiral

7 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

Sidney Crosby gets on national TV all the time. The Blue Jackets are probably not a great draw, even though they're good.  There's at least four games in each series; one not being on the main cable channel isn't the end of the world. It makes the NHL Network more worthwhile if they have a good game every once in a while.  It's not a potential series-clincher, so showcasing it isn't as important.

(maybe the Blue Jackets aren’t a great draw because the NHL puts no effort into making the fourth-best team in the league a great draw)

The NBA isn’t putting Cavs/Pacers on NBA TV.

6fQjS3M.png

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, crashcarson15 said:

(maybe the Blue Jackets aren’t a great draw because the NHL puts no effort into making the fourth-best team in the league a great draw)

The NBA isn’t putting Cavs/Pacers on NBA TV.

They've missed the playoffs the past two seasons.  They've won two playoff games in their existence.  They're in a smaller, unsexy market. They had a great year and I'm rooting for them, but a team becoming good does not automatically make them a great TV draw, especially when they have been bad more often than not in their 15ish seasons.

The Cowboys could go 4-12 this year, and they'd still be on SNF the next year at least once.  The Bills or Browns...

2 hours ago, Kramerica Industries said:

The NHL seriously has a Sidney Crosby playoff game on a channel not too many people get in favor of New York-Montreal and St. Louis-Minnesota.

These dumbasses have no clue how to market their sport.

Chip Diller: "All is well!"

It was pretty surprising that the NHL agreed to having Pittsburgh play on the NHL Network, but I guess they figured they'll be on national television in the later round(s).  Looks like the Blue Jackets are reverting to their 'Beej or 'Lumbus days.

It's going to suck to end the playoffs on a 4 game losing streak.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

6 minutes ago, rams80 said:

It's going to suck to end the playoffs on a 4 game losing streak.

Who? The Blues?  Probably.  They are playing an absolutely hapless team and just getting by.  They should end up 4-4.

I love that it's a Mike Yeo-coached team that's embarrassing them.  We can stop lying to ourselves about how he was the problem.  This whole thing needs to be blown up and started over from scratch.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The Columbus Dispatch, sensing the Jackets collapsing on the ice the moment Pittsburgh gets a 1-0 lead, and watch old-time TortsPuck fart its way back onto the ice, is printing masks of a crying Sidney Crosby caricature and encouraging fans to wear them at Sunday's game.

Penguins take Game 3 7-1 behind a Crosby dicktrick, and the league tells the Blue Jackets afterward to not bother showing up for Game 4.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I think Columbus is melting down at the worst possible time. Now, you're down 0-2 in the series (which is almost always a death knell) and more then likely going to have a player out for the series for his chicken :censored: antics.

SabresRule mentioned that Columbus brings out the worst in Pittsburgh... I like to think that the opposite is true as well: The Penguins seems to be good at irritating the Blue Jackets as well.

It's going to be pretty hard to take that seriously while the upper left corner of the screen reads "PIT Leads 2-0". They can't soil themselves during the rest of the series or Crosby can cry his way to the Semifinals, no sweat.

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

29 minutes ago, Seadragon76 said:

I think Columbus is melting down at the worst possible time. Now, you're down 0-2 in the series (which is almost always a death knell) and more then likely going to have a player out for the series for his chicken :censored: antics.

SabresRule mentioned that Columbus brings out the worst in Pittsburgh... I like to think that the opposite is true as well: The Penguins seems to be good at irritating the Blue Jackets as well.

Actually, the city of Pittsburgh has always been a thorn in the state of Ohio's side (and literally, too). Seriously, I don't know what it is, but that city's sports teams have always been dominate against (almost) all of Ohio's teams. It's rather irritating.

So yeah, the Penguins owning the Jackets? Not a surprise.

59 minutes ago, Seadragon76 said:

I mean… the Jackets aren’t really playing that poorly in this series, which is part of why it’s so frustrating. They aren’t getting great shots, which has been part of the problem, but by and large, they’ve had plenty of stretches where they’re the better team; hell, the Penguins didn’t have a shot on goal until they scored nearly 10 minutes in tonight, and the Jackets outshot them 16-3 in the first period Wednesday. Fluery’s playing well, though, and the Jackets probably aren’t making a lot of what they’ve done well this series count so far.

But above all else, they also really haven’t gotten a break; the Pens’ first goal in this series came off a missed offside call, that the Jackets didn’t challenge, the third Wednesday off a waved-off icing that the Jackets defensemen expected to get. Then tonight, Dubinsky’s the only one to pick up a penalty at the end of the second in a 2-1 game, and the Pens (effectively) score off the ensuing power play to really put the game away. When you’re playing a team as talented as Pittsburgh, you probably need a bounce or a break or two to go your way, and that just hasn’t happened yet this series.

Of course, they pulled a lot of stupid bull :censored: both nights — Bobrovsky holding onto the puck and spotting the Pens a 1-0 lead after you spent the first 10 minutes in control the highlight — and on the whole, they haven’t played consistently well enough to feel like they deserved to win either game, but the Jackets (dating to the end of the regular season) generally picked a really bad time to get a little unlucky. The Pens’ TV crew interviewed one of their players in the middle of the first period… and his answer was pretty much, “we’re playing poorly, but hey, we have a lead!” which describes the 1-0 game state surprisingly well in both games of this series.

To call this a meltdown, though? lol, please, no

6fQjS3M.png

Am I the only one who saw the Kassian hit on Couture  and Dillon as being highly questionable and should've been assessed a penalty for charging. He came from 15 to 20 feet away and launches at Couture's head and there's no call? I saw Shattenkirk do that to Kevin Gravel from 3 feet away and get two games, and Kassian launched himself at the head and made contact of two. That sounds like a four game suspension (two for each) if the NHL would be consistent in their player safety. I doubt Kassian will even get a slap on the wrist.

Archived