(NHL Playoffs) Rite of Spring 2017: can't go on, no, I'll go on

The_Admiral

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, mcj882000 said:

It's funny, the year the NBA has one of the worst and most one two-sided playoffs in recent history, the NHL has nothing but close, fun-to-watch series all spring... and now the SCF's gonna be a sweep and the NBA Finals will probably go to seven. We can cry conspiracy all we want, but if I was running the NHL I'd actually be freaking pissed that my league's great postseason is gonna end on such an anti-climax.

It's almost like we have to sacrifice one for the other. The NFL and college football playoffs were both horrendous up until the final games, which were both all-time classics. Last year's NBA playoffs weren't interesting before the finals other than one series. 

3 minutes ago, JWhiz96 said:

Crap that was offside. Too bad, great play by Hornqvist.

If game 1 is any indication, the Preds are about to score three quick goals. We're back in this, baby! 

There is not enough beer, in my home, for this game...

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

6 minutes ago, SabresRule7361 said:

Remember when the Penguins this decade were playoff chokers and we all thought 2009 was a fluke?

But now they have an all all-star 1st line and Matt Murray.

And speaking of Murray, he's going to do what Jaromir Jagr did: win a cup in his 1st 2 seasons with the Pittsburgh Penguins.

8 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Inspired use of Angle.

I wonder if he ever tapped out Jarrett. That's only thing that could have been more perfect. 

17 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

If game 1 is any indication, the Preds are about to score three quick goals. We're back in this, baby! 

Nevermind. 

8 minutes ago, JWhiz96 said:

I thought you were joking.

Matt Murray for Conn Smythe. He's only played six games but he's held us together.

As good as he's been, he hasn't had to carry the brunt of the goaltending. Barring some crazy breakout performance, Guentzel gets it, if the Pens close.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

It sucks that I'm going to be experiencing a hometown team losing a championship up close and personal for the first time in my life, but it wouldn't suck as much had it been seriously anybody else in the Eastern Conference. Ottawa, Washington, Columbus, heck even losing to the Rangers or Habs or Bruins wouldn't be as much of a soul-sucker. What a depressing way for such a colorful playoff season to end. It's historic that they're going back to back, whatever, but why did it have to happen to two cupless teams who waited 2 decades for their first appearance back to back man?

ICXC NIKA

As soon as we lost Johansen, I prepared myself to lose, to Anaheim. With Rakell and Gibson out, I liked our odds. I told people, coming into this that Nashville has the tools to win, but Pittsburgh just might have too much depth. We've shut down Crosby and Malkin, pretty well, but Guentzel has been a force of :censored: nature. Still, you can't fully prepare yourself for losing, like this. 

Well, I'm off to bed, because staying awake will likely lead to taking this loss out, on my liver. I managed to hold this to a 2-beer loss. That's the only bright spot.

The Penguins set the tone when the Predators couldn't get anything going on a 2-minute 5-on-3.  Even frustrated them enough to cause a penalty to wipe out about half of that 2-man advantage.  After that, the Predators seemed to do just enough to keep their heads above water...and then the Penguins pants'ed them early in the third.  It's amazing just how quickly they can go from no offensive punch to three goals in a hurry.

Archived