(NHL Playoffs) Rite of Spring 2017: can't go on, no, I'll go on

The_Admiral

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, oddball said:

Am I the only one who saw the Kassian hit on Couture  and Dillon as being highly questionable and should've been assessed a penalty for charging. He came from 15 to 20 feet away and launches at Couture's head and there's no call? I saw Shattenkirk do that to Kevin Gravel from 3 feet away and get two games, and Kassian launched himself at the head and made contact of two. That sounds like a four game suspension (two for each) if the NHL would be consistent in their player safety. I doubt Kassian will even get a slap on the wrist.

He's the Oilers Raffi Torres and sure as sugar should've gotten called for that charge on Couture. You don't do that kind of crap to a guy wearing a cage. Regardless, Edmonton has been the faster and stronger team and deserves to move on at this point. 

Still, I want to shave the rest of Kassian's retard mutton chops and send him to an oil field in Red Deer somewhere and tell him to be a pig farmer.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

11 hours ago, ElwoodCuse said:

The Jackets have been playing like crap for a month, their idiot coach thinks the answer is to hit more, and they aren't taking this series past 5 games unless Fleury turns into 2012 Flyers series Fleury.

That is a serious possibility. Don't jinx it.

I take it the Pens are now the Patriots of the NHL (albeit 3 less titles), judging by the comments. The Jackets have played well in stretches, particularly in the 1st period, but they've been unable capitalize on their chances. Couple that in with defensive and goal tending mistakes, you have a 2-0 deficit. This par for the course for a young team on the rise; they'll  be back again next year, but this series will be done by game 5 or 6.

And that hit by Calvert was straight garbage. Have fun seeing the rest of the series in street clothes.

NSFCvyu.png

2 minutes ago, RedRenesis said:

A tweet by LeBrun earlier suggested that he is only going to get hit with a fine.

It's :censored: like this that makes the NHL insufferable. Worried abut player safety, Bettman? Then act like you give a damn.

Then again, this is probably payback for Sid's non-punishment awhile ago.

NSFCvyu.png

If Minny loses tomorrow, then the Blues will finish the sweep on Wednesday... This is why Minnesota can't have nice things. A good team runs into a really hot goalie...

Oh and then the Blues will get curbstomped by the Hawks because the Hawks magically seem to put the puck in the net, and sports are no fun... 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Calling it now: Oilers and Leafs in the finals.

Connor McJesus scores the overtime cup-winning goal in game 7, in triple overtime, in Edmonton. A rainbow stretches over the arena. Angels come down playing their harps. World peace is achieved. Racism is over. Everything is perfect.

In all seriousness, I cannot stand to see Chicago or Pittsburgh win anymore. We need someone to shake things up.

Anderson totally muffs the puck and the B's score a heartbreaking shortie after the Sens tie on the PP. Justice after two horrible calls against Boston

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

4 minutes ago, Bruins said:

Blackhawks haven't scored a goal in 4 periods at home? What world is this?!

A world where they'll pull a 7 game win out of thin air and go on to win the Cup. 

spacer.png

Blackhawks have nothing at all.  They're essentially non-existent.  Darling in game 3, and that's really all the bullets they have left.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Just now, HedleyLamarr said:

Nashville played great tonight.  But when the goalie has a 2-assist game, the opposition isn't doing smart things.

I have to agree. Rinne is playing like a freaking monster, as well, but Chicago looks nothing like anyone expected them to.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Archived