(NHL Playoffs) Rite of Spring 2017: can't go on, no, I'll go on

The_Admiral

2 minutes ago, JWhiz96 said:

Am I not allowed to celebrate in my team's victory? I'm not admonishing the opponent or their fanbase. But if that's how the general attitude is around here then I'll back away.

I feel like coming to gloat in an atmosphere where the vast majority of people are not fans of the team you support is bad form. Don't get me wrong, you can feel good about it and blessed for your good fortune, but it's probably not the best thing you should do.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just so happy to see hockey's Cute Baby Bwudder Nashville denied its joy. You want to call yourselves real hockey fans now? Real hockey fandom consists of getting kicked in the dick at every turn, so consider yourselves initiated.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 minute ago, Ice_Cap said:

All four penalties called this game went Nashville's way. 

So I'm not buying the "Preds were robbed" narrative.

If the Preds had just scored on one of those power plays (including a 5 on 3) we're going to OT. 

The refs didn't screw anyone. The Preds lost it.

I was incensed about that disallowed goal, but this is right.

I think the final line saw Nashville win 2 out of every three faceoffs, had four power play opportunities (including said 5-on-3) and couldn't do anything with it. For some reason I saw way too much passiveness in the offensive zone. Not gonna convert chances like that.

Who knows, maybe the Preds make this their "one to grow on" and come back next season with a renewed vigor to get back to the final. It remains to be seen. (I certainly hope so.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

8 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Classy, Smashville.

That failed hockey market doesn't deserve the Cup anyway. 

Nashville, I've loved seeing your city go nuts for this year's playoffs.  I'm glad the hockey world has seen what I've been saying about the atmosphere has been for Predators games for years.  Congrats on a fun spring.

It's a crime Ron Hainsey is now a Stanley Cup champion.

Just now, Brass said:

I feel like coming to gloat in an atmosphere where the vast majority of people are not fans of the team you support is bad form. Don't get me wrong, you can feel good about it and blessed for your good fortune, but it's probably not the best thing you should do.

I only celebrated because it's a neutral board; if it were an opponents board, then I would most certainly refrain. But that will be it seeing how the majority feels.

NSFCvyu.png

A power play has about an 18% chance of working; I'd rather take the goal my team already scored 100%, thanks.

LOL at anyone who thinks the refs "gave" them the 5-on-3. The Penguins were daring the refs to do it. Trevor Daley just stopped playing hockey and punched a guy in the face along the boards.

I'll just say this: Outside of the NFL(and outside of Florida), pro sports in the Real South(I don't consider Texas a Southern State) is cursed.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

2 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

All four penalties called this game went Nashville's way. 

So I'm not buying the "Preds were robbed" narrative.

If the Preds had just scored on one of those power plays (including a 5 on 3) we're going to OT. 

The refs didn't screw anyone. The Preds lost it.

I don't believe in "well they should've capitalized on their other chances". No screw that :censored:. The refs should do their job. They scored their goal and it was robbed from them. Why is every penguins opponent asked to overcome these situations with the officiating every time they play? They took a good goal off the board in a 0-0 game! How's that not a screw job? Because they had chances later? Those chances should've been for a two goal lead, not 1.  

All I'm asking for is a level surface and that didn't happen. It's extremely disappointing. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

yo maybe for his next trick instead of building a children's hospital, PK Subban can pay off the taxpayer subsidies that kept the Perds from going to Hamilton.

2 minutes ago, buzzcut said:

I'll just say this: Outside of the NFL(and outside of Florida), pro sports in the Real South(I don't consider Texas a Southern State) is cursed.

Hurricanes in 06? Though nobody remembers them.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

5 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Nope. Not at all. The Preds had four power play. Including a 5 on 3. All they had to do was score on one power play. They didn't. Nashville had their chances. 

And they should've had four power plays plus a goal.

PvO6ZWJ.png

5 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

I don't believe in "well they should've capitalized on their other chances". No screw that :censored:. The refs should do their job. They scored their goal and it was robbed from them. Why is every penguins opponent asked to overcome these situations with the officiating every time they play? They took a good goal off the board in a 0-0 game! How's that not a screw job? Because they had chances later? Those chances should've been for a two goal lead, not 1.  

All I'm asking for is a level surface and that didn't happen. It's extremely disappointing. 

If that happened after Hornqvist scored (ie; the final minute or minutes of the game) then I'd say it's a fair point to make, but to not be able to either use that no-goal as a motivating factor or just put the damn puck in the net in the 28 minutes after makes the argument less stable. It's also an attitude I would expect out of someone who hasn't played the game. You, however, have played the game and I think you A.) know better and B.) just letting emotion get the best of you.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

9 minutes ago, the admiral said:

mod edit 

This is getting reminiscent of the meltdowns people were having over Anaheim earlier and the team... Region you're whining about didn't even win. Would have liked to have seen what would have happened had the Predators ended up hoisting the cup on Wednesday. 

Crosby played well, but he was the third, arguably fourth, most deserving Smythe candidate, on his team.

All in all, proud of Nashville, and hoping this is the start of some great years.

G'night, y'all. I'm off to ceremoniously shave my beard, to the tune of Enya's "Only Time."

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Just now, Red Wolf said:

This is getting reminiscent of the meltdowns people were having over Anaheim earlier and the team... Region you're whining about didn't even win. Would have liked to have seen what would have happened had the Predators ended up hoisting the cup on Wednesday. 

probably would have gotten murdered in chicago because everyone gets murdered in chicago it's all my fault it's all my fault

Archived