New Carl's Jr./ Hardee's Logos

Bruins

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Zeus89725 said:

We have both of those in Colorado. No idea what the hell Vons is, though.

Vons is the Southern California version of Safeway, and the silly thing is that all the store branded products are all Safeway.

So, we have Vons instead of Safeway and Albertsons.  And then you also have Pavilions which is another brand of Vons and still under the Safeway umbrella.

VmWIn6B.png

11 hours ago, cubsfan2015 said:

The one thing I hate is whenever companies have like different names for regions. I think it's so stupid.

It's generally an artifact of each brand having its own footprint and customer base. Also, it happens when similarly-sized companies merge instead of one big company gobbling the other up. 

Personally, I like when they can incorporate branding from both companies. While I despise all things Comcast, their use of the NBC Peacock was a fantastic way to brand the new company. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

13 hours ago, cubsfan2015 said:

The one thing I hate is whenever companies have like different names for regions. I think it's so stupid.

Sounds like someone doesn't understand parent companies, mergers, and brand loyalty.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

23 hours ago, LMU said:

It's a Hellman's/Best Foods, Edy's/Dreyer's, Vons/Safeway/Albertsons, or Kroger/Smith's/Ralph's situation. People are loyal even if it's the same damn thing.

The Edy's/Dreyer's split was to avoid confusion with Breyer's.  Edy's and Dreyer's have always been produced by the same company.

14 hours ago, cubsfan2015 said:

2 hours ago, pianoknight said:

It's generally an artifact of each brand having its own footprint and customer base. Also, it happens when similarly-sized companies merge instead of one big company gobbling the other up. 

Exactly.  Giant grocery stores in the Maryland/DC/Virginia area* look exactly like Stop & Shop stores in New York and New England since they are both owned by Royal Ahold, but there is no push whatsoever to change the name of either one.

* -- Not to mention the previously separate Giant chain doing business in Pennsylvania and Western Maryland that is also owned by Royal Ahold.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Yup. Kroger is a classic example. 

Fry's, Dillions, QFC, Fred Meyer's, Bakers and a half dozen others all have decades (some over 100yr) of history. They'd be stupid to do away with those names. The regional naming allows them to seem local/regional yet still be a massive retail giant. 

In the case of Hardees/Carls Jr, though, it's a bit odd. Both names are all known nationally, even in markets they don't operate. Just pick a lane. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

6 hours ago, sc49erfan15 said:

Sounds like someone doesn't understand parent companies, mergers, and brand loyalty.

I mean I get that the mergers and brand loyalty (ex. Comcast, Directv, Zayres  (from the old Ames store)).

Sorry; I get it now.

Sorry for that orginal comment. Just reflexes.

2v1ao9y.jpg

TRhBP9N.png

YO2Xb6F.png

cubsfansig.jpg

On 4/11/2017 at 5:26 PM, LMU said:

Vons is the Southern California version of Safeway, and the silly thing is that all the store branded products are all Safeway.

So, we have Vons instead of Safeway and Albertsons.  And then you also have Pavilions which is another brand of Vons and still under the Safeway umbrella.

Odd thing is that I know I've seen Safeway stores in SoCal, in addition to Vons. Although Pavilions is a bit different, it seems to have a slightly more "upscale" brand to it.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/11/2017 at 11:37 AM, Mockba said:

My understanding is that they tried changing the Hardee's name to Carl's Jr. in at least one test market in the Midwest, and it failed miserably.

There was a Carl's Jr. off a Bloomington-Normal I-74 exit two decades ago in Illinois. I always thought it was pre-merger but perhaps it was a test market.

On 4/16/2017 at 2:33 PM, Quillz said:

Odd thing is that I know I've seen Safeway stores in SoCal, in addition to Vons. Although Pavilions is a bit different, it seems to have a slightly more "upscale" brand to it.

Funny thing, Safeway actually sold their SoCal stores to Vons, and later bought Vons outright.

As for Kroger's naming, people here definitely seem to think of King Soopers as "local."

• 10 months later...

I had heard that Hardees was going to be distancing itself from Carls Jr. The two are still part of the same company but I think they wanted to show that they are both two seperate chains. If this is Hardees change of going back to the pre merger days Im for it. I always loved this Hardees logo.

Signature intentionally left blank

3 hours ago, Dilbert said:

I had heard that Hardees was going to be distancing itself from Carls Jr. The two are still part of the same company but I think they wanted to show that they are both two seperate chains. If this is Hardees change of going back to the pre merger days Im for it. I always loved this Hardees logo.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180410005399/en/Hardee’s-Brand-Makeover-New-Advertising-Campaign-“Tastes

On 4/12/2017 at 12:51 PM, leopard88 said:

Exactly.  Giant grocery stores in the Maryland/DC/Virginia area* look exactly like Stop & Shop stores in New York and New England since they are both owned by Royal Ahold, but there is no push whatsoever to change the name of either one.

* -- Not to mention the previously separate Giant chain doing business in Pennsylvania and Western Maryland that is also owned by Royal Ahold.

The dominant local chain was owned by Royal Ahold at one time, and they tried rebranding some of the larger stores with wider selection to Martin's... it only lasted a few years.

On 4/10/2018 at 12:18 PM, CubsFanBudMan said:

Haven't heard much from Carl Hardee Sr. lately... guess that rebrand didn't take. Because Hardee's has this now across social media.

http://twitter.com/hardees

30581626_10156439341834455_3279554344810

It's 1983 all over again . . . except I'm not 16 anymore.

If only they'd bring back the Hardee's that was about a mile from my house . . . but is now a Taco Bell.

1983-chevrolet-monte-carlo-nascar-race-c

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived