New Carl's Jr./ Hardee's Logos

Bruins

They're ALL OVER in North Carolina (Which makes sense, considering it was founded in Rocky Mount)...I'll be sure to be on the lookout to see if any stores around here rebrand (and to get a sourdough thickburger, those are addicting).

ibgsr9.jpg

san_diego_destroyers_player_sig___qb_wal

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/10/2018 at 11:18 AM, CubsFanBudMan said:

Haven't heard much from Carl Hardee Sr. lately... guess that rebrand didn't take. Because Hardee's has this now across social media.

http://twitter.com/hardees

30581626_10156439341834455_3279554344810

"Now that's more like it, Mr. Hardee."

lucius_fox_2_786.jpg

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

16 hours ago, Kaz said:

Cool, now they are Whataburger but without the stripes.

They had a solid brand, why are they pissing all over it?

Hardees original color was orange. They had a solid brand up until Carls Jr bought them and gave them their branding. This is the logo Hardees was most known for before the merger and now a days retro logos seem to be a thing. From what Im hearing is that the star logo will remain as a secondary logo.

Signature intentionally left blank

On 4/13/2018 at 8:25 AM, leopard88 said:

1983-chevrolet-monte-carlo-nascar-race-c

That's what I associate with the old orange (and sometimes blue) Hardee's logo. Mentioned above, they're using that one for social media, but the Businesswire article doesn't mention if they'll be going to that look full-time or if it's just a social media promotion.

Anyway, gonna use this opportunity to threadjack Hardee's NASCAR paint schemes. Some great drivers (Bobby Allison, Cale Yarborough) drove that #28 Ranier Racing owned car. Alan Kulwicki also drove a few races in an identical #38 car, and Yarborough and Dale Jarrett later drove a Cale-owned #29.

cale3-vi.jpg

Cale and Dale driving a slightly different paint scheme toward the end of Cale's racing career. Look closely, that's an Oldsmobile!

I'll spoiler the rest for length purposes.

Spoiler

72_1_b4vi-vi.jpg

Dale Jarrett switched to a blue scheme for a while in 1989.

rSy1W.jpg

A Hardees/Ghostbusters II themed car at Charlotte in 1989. This may actually be the first-ever "special paint scheme" in NASCAR history (hard to tell, but it's black instead of blue).

74803-6307095Fr.jpg

Ward Burton, 1994-1995.

6U8xn6-HgmIJygN6MIzQ3htA-Jm9S_X9FPe223pUfdk.jpg?w=550&s=5f27ccec789f740dabd6f388f0bec7aa

Denny Hamlin won the Nationwide race at Daytona in 2008 in this.

And... what would any Hardee's paint scheme post be without...

Image result for hardees days of thunder

"Russ Wheeler" in Days of Thunder!

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

3 hours ago, sc49erfan15 said:

That's what I associate with the old orange (and sometimes blue) Hardee's logo.

I wasnt alive in the 70s or most of the 80s but I do remember seeing old pictures of Hardees using Orange and Brown in their logo and stores and in the late 80s early 90s the brown was replaced with blue.

Signature intentionally left blank

7 minutes ago, Dilbert said:

I wasnt alive in the 70s or most of the 80s but I do remember seeing old pictures of Hardees using Orange and Brown in their logo and stores and in the late 80s early 90s the brown was replaced with blue.

I worked under such a color scheme in 84. While I was in college.

Yes, I'm old.

It's where I sit.

3 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I worked under such a color scheme in 84. While I was in college.

Yes, I'm old.

I worked at Chick-Fil-A in 1983-84 (high school) when the color scheme featured a lot of brown.  I, too, am old.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

19 minutes ago, Dilbert said:

Yep. I remember seeing a brown/orange-signed one as late as 1994ish in a small South Carolina town. Very 1970s. All of the other ones in the early '90s had the blue/orange sign.

aNew%20Albany%20Hardees.jpg

One of the Hardees in Charlotte had this lettering over the door (with the blue/orange 1990s sign out front) until at least the mid-90s.

ee232b2a19933120cf82bc109e027b39.jpg

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

21 minutes ago, sc49erfan15 said:

Yep. I remember seeing a brown/orange-signed one as late as 1994ish in a small South Carolina town. Very 1970s. All of the other ones in the early '90s had the blue/orange sign.

aNew%20Albany%20Hardees.jpg

One of the Hardees in Charlotte had this lettering over the door (with the blue/orange 1990s sign out front) until at least the mid-90s.

ee232b2a19933120cf82bc109e027b39.jpg

Ahhh, just as I remember them . . .

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

And I just remembered these.  I had 3 or 4.

Lesson for you kids --

Drinking an entire one full of water, filling it up again and putting it on your nightstand before going to bed is a good idea after a night of overindulging.  You'll thank me for the advice.

-1846149996128217413.jpg

Wiki says it was primarily located in the Southeast and Midwest.

There was one near me in Baltimore when I was growing up.  The Hardee's website says there are few just south of Baltimore, one on the Maryland Eastern Shore and a lot in south-central Pennsylvania.  I may need to take a roadtrip, but it's not the same without the roast beef (though they do still have hot ham and cheese).

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2018 at 11:33 AM, ChicagoOakland said:

They're ALL OVER in North Carolina (Which makes sense, considering it was founded in Rocky Mount)...I'll be sure to be on the lookout to see if any stores around here rebrand (and to get a sourdough thickburger, those are addicting).

Do they still have any in Raleigh, ChiOak?

I know there's one in Knightdale, but every one within a 5 mile radius of my house got bulldozed over a decade ago.

nav-logo.png

5 hours ago, Mac the Knife said:

Do they still have any in Raleigh, ChiOak?

I know there's one in Knightdale, but every one within a 5 mile radius of my house got bulldozed over a decade ago.

A few, actually! All in completely random locations and none near anything noteworthy and none near downtown.

None of them are orange yet (considering I grew up in Carl's Jr. territory, I want them to make that change ASAP)

ibgsr9.jpg

san_diego_destroyers_player_sig___qb_wal

Adding to the confusion?  Most of the Carl's Jrs out in CA also serve tacos/burritos/etc. under the Green Burrito brand whereas Hardee's locations that do the same thing throw in the Red Burrito branding.

VmWIn6B.png

On 5/1/2018 at 12:32 PM, Mockba said:

We're not really talking retro Hardee's unless they're bringing back Burger Chef and Jeff.

If we truly want to get "retro" with our fast-food talk, we need to reminisce about the Burger Chef chain, the restaurants that introduced America to the Burger Chef and Jeff mascots. It was only after General Foods sold the Burger Chef chain to Hardee's parent company in the early 1980s that Burger Chef and Jeff started showing up in marketing campaigns for Hardee's.

Speaking of Burger Chef, I remember reading somewhere that the introduction of their Funmeal pre-dated the roll-out of the McDonald's Happy Meal by at least 5 years. When McDonald's introduced the Happy Meal in 1979, Burger Chef sued them, but ultimately lost.

On 5/12/2017 at 7:33 AM, CubsFanBudMan said:

There was a Carl's Jr. off a Bloomington-Normal I-74 exit two decades ago in Illinois. I always thought it was pre-merger but perhaps it was a test market.

Central Illinois in general may have been the test market, because the Hardees in the Peoria area rebranded as Carl's Jr. as well that time.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived