The Lakers G-League affiliates new logos.

I know you guys will hate on them since it's not a unique brand or whatever but I love the set. Especially the manhatten pier secondary logo. 

IMG_2278.JPG

IMG_2279.JPG

IMG_2280.JPG

IMG_2281.JPG

42 minutes ago, amaricooper8989 said:

I know you guys will hate on them since it's not a unique brand or whatever but I love the set.

Give your fellow posters a little credit.   I really like this set.  Creating a sunset in the primary logo is inspired. 

4 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Give your fellow posters a little credit.   I really like this set.  Creating a sunset in the primary logo is inspired. 

Totally agree with you. It's a nice refresh and incorporation of a classic logo. I really like the secondary logo. 

It's funny seeing the Pacific Ocean (what I presume) used in a logo of a team called the Lakers.

Still a good brand though.

I actually like it, I kind of wish the parent tram would do a secondary logo like this.

I don't mind parent club nicknames for minor leagues as long as they try to differentiate themselves from the parent club.

South Bay did really good and the addition of sky blue to the Laker purple and gold.

I think both of these logos are really good - like 9.5/10.  Far more professional than "D-Fenders" and great job bringing light blue back into the mix to add to the now-classic purple and gold. If the NBA team were to update its brand, this would be a good way to do it.

This is better than the actual Lakers identity. Love the logos, love the addition of light blue.

They were so close. Would it really have been so hard to use their actual font for the city wordmark instead of generic Cooper Black?

qXYh1dQ.png

As a San Jose native, I cannot explain the amount of frustration seeing them using the South Bay moniker. Yes, they have their own South Bay, but my inner hometown punk can't stand it. That being said, I'm actually a fan of what they did with it.

As a resident of the South Bay, I agree with Lights Out that the only thing that I'd have preferred is the road wordmark being in the same font.

That said, everything else is strong, especially the Manhattan Beach pier in the secondary logo (granted, the team's in El Segundo but other than a damn oil refinery there's really nothing there logo worthy).

I like it, but what's up with the inconsistent white stroke on the primary? Fix that and add a purple outline around the whole thing like the secondary  and I think it would be pretty darn good.

Good catch on the stroke, but hell no to a purple outline.   Would be way too much - the only reason it works on the secondary is the lack of purple text.   Would be way too much with the word mark. 

14 hours ago, Lights Out said:

They were so close. Would it really have been so hard to use their actual font for the city wordmark instead of generic Cooper Black?

qXYh1dQ.png

I love that

This is easily a top 10 logo..especially the secondary!

If only the other Lakers team did this... :-/