South Bay Lakers Logo

amaricooper8989

4 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Give your fellow posters a little credit.   I really like this set.  Creating a sunset in the primary logo is inspired. 

Totally agree with you. It's a nice refresh and incorporation of a classic logo. I really like the secondary logo. 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

I don't mind parent club nicknames for minor leagues as long as they try to differentiate themselves from the parent club.

South Bay did really good and the addition of sky blue to the Laker purple and gold.

I think both of these logos are really good - like 9.5/10.  Far more professional than "D-Fenders" and great job bringing light blue back into the mix to add to the now-classic purple and gold. If the NBA team were to update its brand, this would be a good way to do it.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

As a San Jose native, I cannot explain the amount of frustration seeing them using the South Bay moniker. Yes, they have their own South Bay, but my inner hometown punk can't stand it. That being said, I'm actually a fan of what they did with it.

As a resident of the South Bay, I agree with Lights Out that the only thing that I'd have preferred is the road wordmark being in the same font.

That said, everything else is strong, especially the Manhattan Beach pier in the secondary logo (granted, the team's in El Segundo but other than a damn oil refinery there's really nothing there logo worthy).

VmWIn6B.png

I like it, but what's up with the inconsistent white stroke on the primary? Fix that and add a purple outline around the whole thing like the secondary  and I think it would be pretty darn good.

Archived