USA needs buzzer beater

MoJoTo

IS there a lot of excitement for it in the States, Jkrdevil? Hope there is.

Right now no. There will probably be some from the hockey fans once it gets here. I think ESPN is supposed to cover it, which is better than last time when I don't know who covered it. I remember watching it, but I think it over the local sportschannels. I think it's not getting the press because

1. hockey unfortunatly is the 4th favorite sport.

2. The Olympics are coming up and so are the baseball races.

3. The NFL is starting arounf the same time.

4. And this is the NHL's fault, this event is done regularly enough. The last was 8 years ago. It almost seems like they pick a random year to have it. If they held it more often it would gt more coverage. The Soccer World Cup got good coverage (Good, for the games being at 2 am), and soccer is less popular than Hockey. If they held say every 4 years it would be great promo for the league because you would have a high profile all-star tournament evey 2 years with the World Cup and Olympics

Hopefully the US beat Canada again!!!! :flagusa:

BTW, did anyone notice when AI hit the shot, the cameras were on a crowd shot? I'll bet the ESPN producer and director were PI$$ed off at the German camera crew, and read the riot act sie Deutch after the broadcast ended.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

I missed it, I was at football practice at the time... So I saw the shot on NBA.com... That was a miracle sent down from heaven, and the Answer answered the prayer for that one

"I think ESPN is supposed to cover it, which is better than last time when I don't know who covered it."

FX, 1996.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

canada will win the world cup.

there againi don't have much interest in international competitions of any types. thus vitually no interest in the world cup.

i'll be pulling for team Finland. Hopefully Kari Lehtonen will get some starts, if not be an out right starter.

and no team usa will not be winning the world cup, dipietro, conklin and esche will not be out dueling Brodeur, Belfour and Luongo. USA will be lucky it gets past sweden or finland.

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

BTW, did anyone notice when AI hit the shot, the cameras were on a crowd shot?  I'll bet the ESPN producer and director were PI$$ed off at the German camera crew, and read the riot act sie Deutch after the broadcast ended.

Both USA games have been televised by shotty amateur International crews.

The worst shot I saw yesterday was during a FT attempt by the German center. The camera actually bounced up and down with the player as he was attempting the shot. Made me dizzy.

ESPN got lucky by having that baseline camera on for the last AI shot.

It will get better.....The Olympics are braodcast by NBC.

Also, these aren't your Dream Teamers boys.

They've still got to come together as a TEAM.

Give them some time.

PREDICTION - USA loses to Serbia & Montenegro by 7 this Friday.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Yes, I agree.

The team is outstanding. They just need to "gel" as a team and play as a unit. Right now most of them are playing for themselves and not the team. I'd have to say so far the best player (contributing and team play) has been Carmelo Anthony.

THe rest of the team needs to take a note from 'Melo and start playing like that.

The Serbia & Montenegro game tonight was much more enjoyable to watch.

No moving cameras when it wasn't necessary.

No shaky shots.

Plenty of on the spot replays from different angles.

I'm guessing ESPN put their hand in the mix and worked out some way to get their camera guys on the floor.

Another factor was that Friday's game was in Belgrade where the previous two were in Cologne.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Archived