2017 NHL Offseason

ninersdd

On 6/12/2017 at 10:01 AM, habsfan1 said:

So there's gonna talk about a transaction here, a transaction there. But the only real question that matters is.....is their any stopping the Pittsburgh Penguins??

It's still hockey...still random.  Are the Penguins going to miss the playoffs?  Of course not.  But puck luck and hot goalies can make it intriguing.  Now is the time to convert NBA fans.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, HedleyLamarr said:

If a team has a young goalie they like, he's going to be protected, in all probability.

Fleury is likely going to be the best goalie available, and I think Vegas has to take three goalies.  A bulk of the goalies that'll be unprotected will be the likes of Kari Lehtonen, Ondrej Pababib, Al Montoya, etc.  I've long maintained that Pavelic would be the ideal candidate to be Vegas's starting goalie in their first game because he's competent enough, makes decent enough money (Vegas has a salary basement to reach), and Winnipeg is looking to get rid of him for younger goalies.

I'm guessing two of the goalies Vegas takes are Fleury (to flip to someone else) and Grubhauer from the Capitals.  (Maybe their third goalie comes from Vancouver?  I think Miller has a NMC and Markstrom would be intriguing, assuming no wink-wink deal between Vegas and Vancouver.)

Miller is a UFA, so the Canucks won't sign him before the draft, and therefore don't have to protect him is my understanding. They would protect Markstrom and expose Bachman

7 hours ago, monkeypower said:

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/874658482015936512

Interesting.

I'm in phone so that might be the issue, but I thought we could embed tweets now.

Got your back

It was out there yesterday that the Ducks had asked Bieksa to waive his NMC, but apparently that's not the case. But even if it's not, you can't tell me Bieksa doesn't know it's out there now lol. (God, giving Kevin :censored: ing Bieksa a NMC has got to be one of the dumbest things Bob Murray has done. Up there with barstool chucking.)

Also, the deal in place with Vegas would be to not select Josh Manson, because in the 7 forwards/3 defensemen model, the Ducks would most likely protect Fowler and Lindholm while being forced to keep on Bieksa (Montour and Theodore are exempt). That leaves Josh Manson and Sami Vatanen out in the open to be picked, and the Ducks are dead set on not losing Josh Manson. Vatanen's name has already been out there for trade rumors, so him being on the outside isn't exactly a new fact. Just the mechanics of it.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

The biggest downside to the Preds' Cup run is that it has been murder on the stock available for jersey sales, this off-season.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

46 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

Someone just :censored: ing kill me now.

Mikhail Sergachev is supposed to be stud.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

I'm cautiously optimistic about this. 

Two weeks ago CCM re-did our window graphics...guess who is a CCM head to toe guy occupying our center frame...whoops!

Just saw this today.  It looks like realignment after Quebec comes into the league.  8 divisions of 4 teams like the NFL.

It may be hard to make out but there will be 2 divisions made up of the Canadian teams.  Detroit and Columbus go back to the west. The new Atlantic is Buffalo, Rangers, Islanders, and Boston.  The new Metro is Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, New Jersey, and Washington.

NHL32.JPG

I have very, very mixed feelings about this Drouin-Sergachev trade. Yes, we are desperate for firepower and Drouin brings that. But he's also a prima-donna drama queen, which is part of the reason we got rid of Subban. I guess it's not so much that we got him, it's that we traded Sergachev for him. After watching him closely the last couple of years (even before he was drafted) I was looking forward to seeing him bolster the Habs blue line for years to come. 

sig.png

1 hour ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

I have very, very mixed feelings about this Drouin-Sergachev trade. Yes, we are desperate for firepower and Drouin brings that. But he's also a prima-donna drama queen, which is part of the reason we got rid of Subban. I guess it's not so much that we got him, it's that we traded Sergachev for him. After watching him closely the last couple of years (even before he was drafted) I was looking forward to seeing him bolster the Habs blue line for years to come. 

Take a look at Drouin's last name and tell me what's different about it compared to PK's.

spacer.png

Drouin for Sergachev is probably going to be a Win-Win Trade. Drouin is probably going to be a solid winger for the Habs, especially if he plays with Patches. Sergachev gives the Bolts a young defenseman & this trade helps both sides when it comes to covering players for the expansion draft. Smart move, in fact. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

Archived