The 2017 NBA Playoffs: This Is A Recording

buzzcut

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

I got a Toronto-GSW Final myself.

People don't realize how defensively strong this Raptors team has been since the trades for Ibaka & Tucker have happened. I think they've flipped a new switch with Lowry being back & they have shown they have some of the best depth in the NBA with our 3rd stringers destroying the Cavs 3rd string players. Honestly, I see the Raptors getting past Milwaukee & then surprising Cleveland in the 2nd round, leading to a Raps-Celtics ECF. The Cavs are tired. It's showing on their faces that they've run out of gas. Lebron is no longer a young man..... he's in his 30's & with his hairline, he looks like he's in his 40's. That's stress for you.

Having good 3rd-stringers is great and all, but in playoff basketball....teams tend to shorten their bench and go with their best horses as long as they possibly can.  If you see 3rd-stringers in a playoff game, either a bunch of guys have fouled out or it's a 20 point margin in the 4th quarter.

This is gonna be a terrible year for the playoffs. We all know the outcome...but I'm still gonna watch.

Predictions:

East

BOSCHI 2

CLE 4 IND 0

TOR 4 MIL 1

WAS 4 ATL 1

BOS 4 WAS 3

CLE 4 TOR 1

BOS 1 CLE 4

West

GSW 4 POR 0

SAS 4 MEM 0

HOU 4 OKC 1

Utah 4 LAC 3

GSW 4 Utah 1

SAS 2 HOU 4

GSW 4 HOU 2

Finals

GSW 4 CLE 2

NSFCvyu.png

2 hours ago, SabresRule7361 said:

1-10 scale: How shocked/surprised would you be if Cleveland did not reach the NBA Finals?

LeBron has played so much f'n basketball the past number of years, the only shock would be if the Cavs lost a series in fewer than 6 games.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

WESTERN CONFERENCE

1st Round

GS > POR 4-1

LA > UTA 4-3

OKC > HOU 4-2

SA > MEM 4-0

2nd Round

GS > LA 4-0

SA > OKC 4-1

Conference Finals

GS > SA 4-2

EASTERN CONFERENCE

1st Round

BOS > CHI 4-3

ATL > WSH 4-3

TOR > MIL 4-2

CLE > IND 4-2

2nd Round

BOS > ATL 4-2

CLE > TOR 4-2

Conference Finals

CLE > BOS 4-1

FINALS

CLE > GS 4-2

4 hours ago, SabresRule7361 said:

1-10 scale: How shocked/surprised would you be if Cleveland did not reach the NBA Finals?

10, because that would mean that the Celtics, Raptors, or Wizards reached the finals. I'm a Celtics fan, I'd love it if they did make it, but they can't rebound at all, they only have one star in a league where every other contender besides Houston has at least two, and honestly that first round matchup with the Bulls makes me pretty uncomfortable.

As for Cleveland, plenty of teams have sputtered toward the finish line in the regular season and then turned around and won it all or at least reached the finals. Off the top of my head, the 2009-10 Celtics (even though they were an awful rebounding team and ultimately it came back to bite them in the ass in the most agonizing way imaginable). Cleveland just blew the Celtics out of the water in their building a week ago, that should tell you all you need to know.

Boston over Chicago in 5

Cleveland over Indiana in 5

Toronto over Milwaukee in 5

Atlanta over Washington in 6

Golden State over Portland in 4

San Antonio over Memphis in 6

Houston over Oklahoma City in 7

LA Clippers over Utah in 6

Boston over Atlanta in 7

Cleveland over Toronto in 6

Golden State over LA Clippers in 5

San Antonio over Houston in 7

Cleveland over Boston in 6

Golden State over San Antonio in 5

Golden State over Cleveland in 6

Yawn.

Time for my picks for the first round..

Western Conference

Golden State 4, Portland 2: People have mentioned that the Blazers have gotten better in the 2nd half of the season and that's true... there's still the albatross of being royally wrecked by Golden State in four meetings over their heads, and that includes a royal smack down back in December. Portland may take a game or two, but let's face it. Golden State is on a mission: Win the title or else.

San Antonio 4, Memphis 1: If there is a team that would be scary for the Warriors, it might be the Spurs. It's not so much the offense, but the defense for San Antonio. That will be more then enough to deal with Memphis.

Oklahoma City 4, Houston 3: Everybody better get yo popcorn...this series is going to be the best match-up of the first round and I really wished that the voting for MVP waited until the end of this series because, if you ask me, Westbrook is (and should be) the unanimous MVP. If it wasn't for him, OKC is a 25-30 win team tops. He will outduel Harden and give the Thunder a big upset victory.

LA Clippers 4, Utah 2: Utah won their division, right? Seems like punishment for them to have them be a lower seed and not have home court. Yeah.... Anyway, the Clippers know it's do or die for them because it might be the final stand for Paul and Griffin. It starts now against a Utah team that will give them a fight, but not enough of one.

Eastern Conference

Boston 4, Chicago 1: The Celtics have the top seed and history has shown that Boston as the 1 seed means good things for them. I don't really see the Bulls giving them much of a fight here.

Cleveland 4, Indiana 0: Yes, the Cavs have totally struggled in the 2nd half of the season, but this is usually Lebron's time... so, yeah. Indiana got shafted with this match up.

Milwaukee 4, Toronto 3: I don't know if I can buy into the Raptors this postseason.. I'm taking the upset because I think the world needs to see how damn good Antentokoumpo is.

Washington 4, Atlanta 3: Probably the best match up in the East because of how familiar each team is to the other.

I'm telling you what, Cleveland is gonna win, but their defense still has serious issues. Irving seems to have stepped up his play, along with James, but the issues still remain. Very hard to see them defeating GSW.

NSFCvyu.png

Archived