Your posts are overrated.  You should send Chris a 17-page board resignation letter.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, if BOS and PHL make a trade, BOS could have all of the following:

2017 #3 pick (via Philly)
2017 3, 2nd round picks
2018 #1 pick of the LAL
2018 #1 pick of the BRK

2018 #1 own pick
2018 4, 2nd round picks
2019 #1 pick from MEM

2019 #1 pick from LAC
2019 #1 own pick

The Big Lead does propose a great trade option.... Anthony Davis before next season's trade deadline.

http://thebiglead.com/2017/06/17/anthony-davis-celtics-76ers-grade-markelle-fultz/

He doesn't turn 25 until next March and will have 3+ years left on his contract, one which hasn't earned the DPE for.

https://www.thebirdwrites.com/2017/5/18/15505108/2017-all-nba-team-anthony-davis-pelicans-contract-extension-lebron-harden-westbrook-kawhi

That's too many picks. I'd start turning those into players.

If you could have a team made up of Hayward, Thomas, Smart, Brown, Davis and Butler, you do it. This year showed the only way you beat LeBron is with a team of All Stars. Might as well go all the way.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

13 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

That's too many picks. I'd start turning those into players.

If you could have a team made up of Hayward, Thomas, Smart, Brown, Davis and Butler, you do it. This year showed the only way you beat LeBron is with a team of All Stars. Might as well go all the way.

It is too many.

True Hoop's* Pelton and Arnovitz discussed putting free agency ahead of the draft. Unlike the NFL, as currently constructed, this would have free agency before the new league year (July 1). Thoughts? Teams already have a basic idea what the cap hold for a 1st round pick is anyway.

*-I'll still call it True Hoop for the near future.

Ainge just fleeced Philly like he did the Nets. The Celtics get to keep the lottery train rolling the next few years, assuming the Lakers and Kings all stay out of the playoffs the next two years.

I'd turn those picks right into Jimmy Butler and call the whole thing good.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Ainge just fleeced Philly like he did the Nets. The Celtics get to keep the lottery train rolling the next few years, assuming the Lakers and Kings all stay out of the playoffs the next two years.

No, you gotta get Davis!

20 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

This has gotta be the end game, right? I think Butler is a Celtic by Wednesday, but if I was Chicago, I want a pick and a player.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

1 minute ago, dfwabel said:

Why him? Go bigger.

Sure. Sign Hayward and trade for Davis.

Isaiah Thomas

Avery Bradley

Gordan Hayward

Al Horford

Anthony Davis

Plus a bench of Marcus Smart, Jaylen Brown and etc. That'd be pretty good!

16 hours ago, dfwabel said:

It is too many.

True Hoop's* Pelton and Arnovitz discussed putting free agency ahead of the draft. Unlike the NFL, as currently constructed, this would have free agency before the new league year (July 1). Thoughts? Teams already have a basic idea what the cap hold for a 1st round pick is anyway.

*-I'll still call it True Hoop for the near future.

If the Finals went to game 7, they'd be finishing today. The draft is Thursday. Is there really enough time to start free agency in just four days?

The NBA's offseason is so short compared to football that you kind of have to bunch everything. Without having listened to the pod, I don't know what you would gain from beginning free agency earlier. Or is "earlier" the Friday after the draft?

I hate the NBA's draft trade system. I wish we could remove the awkward moment where the draftee has to put on a hat and interview as a member of a team he will never play for. 

The NBA season is just too damn long, October to June is crazy.

Rumors have it now that Danny-boy is trying to get a deal together for Anthony Davis with the Picks he just got from the 76ers. 

I...I just don't know anymore. 

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

31 minutes ago, ozzyman314 said:

Rumors have it now that Danny-boy is trying to get a deal together for Anthony Davis with the Picks he just got from the 76ers. 

I...I just don't know anymore. 

We've already been talking about that. Both sides should do it. And then the Pelicans should leave New Orleans because that should kill off any short-term fan interest.

Archived