Brooklyn Nets Rebrand

Funkatron101

Yeah that is really nice. You managed to develop a logo that has a real connection to not only the name of the team but the city they play in as well. Their current branding fails miserably at that, so it's really refreshing to see something along these lines. Plus you were able to implement your design into an original shape which automatically makes it more appealing than their generic roundel. Really nice job all around.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

19 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Yeah that is really nice. You managed to develop a logo that has a real connection to not only the name of the team but the city they play in as well. Their current branding fails miserably at that, so it's really refreshing to see something along these lines. Plus you were able to implement your design into an original shape which automatically makes it more appealing than their generic roundel. Really nice job all around.

I really appreciate this take, and the fact that you specifically mention the roundel issue. The NBA is definitely gravitating towards the roundel and to adhere to their silly rule of including some sort of basketball in one of their logos, I did make a roundel for the secondary. But I absolutely agree that the roundel is used entirely too much lately, which is why I wanted to make the primary logo its own distinct shape.

Now this.... this is how you do a redesign. 

The merging of a basketball hoop mesh with the Brooklyn Bridge, the unique shape, the font..... it all works. I'd love to see jerseys done, as I can see a few directions here, all simple & classy. Are there plans to do more than one team? 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

Let me preface this by saying that I absolutely love the Nets' jerseys and the stark black/white color scheme, which is all sorts of perfect for Brooklyn.

Their logos are some of the worst in all of professional sports. They are the Brooklyn Nets. Talk about two things that have obvious imagery associated with them. The Brooklyn Bridge. Basketball hoops. It's so painfully obvious. And yet their logos fail to incorporate either. They're something out of a generic build-a-team in a 90's video game. "Here's a basketball on a shield: insert team name here!"

Your logos perfectly meld together the most iconic image of Brooklyn and the imagery of a basketball net. I love it. An incredible upgrade over their current logos.

1 hour ago, KittSmith_95 said:

Now this.... this is how you do a redesign. 

The merging of a basketball hoop mesh with the Brooklyn Bridge, the unique shape, the font..... it all works. I'd love to see jerseys done, as I can see a few directions here, all simple & classy. Are there plans to do more than one team? 

Thanks!

I did do a number of teams a few years ago, but my "drawing" laptop got ruined in the middle of the project. I may revisit it again in the future. I think the Mavs are in desperate need of a rebranding. That, or OKC might be next once I find the inspiration.

Never seen the green heart thing before...wow

It's perfect, everything about it is perfect, if it was food i would eat it for breakfast with a side of bacon.

GREAT work!

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

I recall seeing you on the top-5 current list of "liked" posts and I had no idea why...now I do.

This is really, really nice.  To somewhat paraphrase UpperV03 and kroywen above, you have captured the appropriate "Brooklyn Nets" imagery while maintaining what they were going for in a basic color scheme with basic logos.

I actually like the "Brooklyn-New York" roundel as a primary (replace "New York" with "Nets") and the other as the secondary.  I know, I know, "too many roundels."  I guess the literal use of a net throws me just a bit and makes me want it to be "secondary." 

The bridge imagery is great...I like how it's incorporated without totally being in my face.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived