Sign in to follow this  
OliverP

Solution for Cleveland's boring block C logo

Went on Dribbble today and found a great concept for the Cleveland Indians. The work was done by Danny Sherman, I'm not sure if he's on the boards so I wanted to show of this great piece in his behalf.

I think that that negative space "I" in the block C really helps give it that little spark of interest that their current primary logo desperately needs.

If you're on Dribbble, go give him some love: https://dribbble.com/shots/3080323-Cleveland-Still-Rocks

detail_dribbble.jpg.542ac41a1a714518155f70fc0abb503d.jpg

It's still another block C and from far away those cuts will disappear. If Cleveland goes away from Wahoo I'd rather they use the letter C that they had in the previous away wordmark with the feather from Wahoo trailing away from it.

A move away from Wahoo would suggest an eventual move away from "Indians" as well, no? I actually like the existing block C, but this could work by its own merit if the strokes were thicker, balancing the C and the negative I. Didn't something like that already pop up on the boards?

I remember a similar block C concept on these boards several years ago with negative space forming an I kind of like that.