MLB in 2020 - 30/30 + Requests

Victormrey

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Staying in California, it's San Diego's turn.

For the Padres I brought back the Brown/Yellow scheme, adding Off-White. The home uniform style remains the same, adding souble trimming on the cuffs. For the road I decided to use the interlocked SD as well, featuring a dark sand colour as base. While for the alts, which are interchangeable, I decided to go full late 70's, and that includes the wordmarks from that era.

Thanks to @coco1997 and @MJD7 for giving me ideas for the set!

trFqA1M.png

G4cQdLL.png

HH7BsVO.png

2cBEw72.png

18 hours ago, MJD7 said:

I love this set for the Padres! It does the obvious by bringing back brown & yellow, but you managed to do it in a unique way that looks super good. Well done!

11 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Excellent work on the Padres! That home set is just fantastic. So much better than anything they've worn in the past 15 years or so. 

Looking forward to the conclusion of the series!

Thank you very much guys!

5 hours ago, Yee Yee Go 'Stros! said:

Do the alternates have NOBs?

Yup, but I forgot to add them. Here you go:

9eKoxsY.png

cDKV6Ys.png

This is it! Time to end the series with San Francisco.

For the Giants I brought back their 1994/99 wordmarks for the main set, keeping the current script on the home alt, and using their alternative wordmark for the road alt. I decided to use the current home style for the whole set.

Also, suggested by @coco1997 I made a fauxback design, inspired by the New York era. I made a mix:

-"S F" on the front, inspired by the 1905 uniforms

-Pinstripes and both placket and sleeve pipping, based on the 1932 home design

-As for the lettering, I decided to use an edited version of the 1983/93 "SF" logo, since I think it'd fit the style

vEtN9hx.png

b27ImRJ.png

UNKAHDA.png

oSaGEhz.png

kUyrGxz.png

Guys, thank you very much for the support and feedback you've given me throughout the whole series! I'm really sorry for halting it for so long, but I'm glad to have been able to finish it :D

Now, I'll make a couple of tweaks/requests I got. For the moment, this is the list:
@simtek34 - Twins in their tradtional colours

@marlins2017 - Marlins black alt

@coco1997 - Rockies Colorado-themed uniform

If you have any other suggestion, just ask for it!

The Giants turned out really nicely! It's nice to see the road wordmark consistent with the home script again. My only complaint is that there's no jersey with the "SF" monogram on it, but that's just a matter of personal taste. As for the fauxback, I really like the mishmash of different ideas. It makes me hungry for a dreamsicle. :D I would be curious to see how it would look with their current "SF" letters, though. Maybe you can add that to your tweaks/requests list.

And great job on finishing the series! My favorites were the White Sox, Mariners, Marlins, Cubs, Brewers and Padres. It will be interesting to revisit this thread in two years and see how close your predictions came. ;)

The Giants look nice! I really like the alternates.

This has been an amazing series! I really think you had your own personal renaissance with the teams after you returned. My favorites are the Braves, Marlins, Nationals, Diamondbacks, and Padres. I’m really looking forward to seeing what you have planned in the future!

On 12/4/2018 at 10:37 PM, coco1997 said:

And great job on finishing the series! My favorites were the White Sox, Mariners, Marlins, Cubs, Brewers and Padres. It will be interesting to revisit this thread in two years and see how close your predictions came. ;)

On 12/4/2018 at 11:07 PM, MJD7 said:

The Giants look nice! I really like the alternates.

This has been an amazing series! I really think you had your own personal renaissance with the teams after you returned. My favorites are the Braves, Marlins, Nationals, Diamondbacks, and Padres. I’m really looking forward to seeing what you have planned in the future!

Thank you guys for the feedback!

Time for the requests:

@simtek34 - Twins in their traditional colours. I decided to keep the pinstripes from my original set

aWE5Ph1.png

@marlins2017 - Marlins black alt uniform

ToyphaL.png

@coco1997 - Giants fauxback with their current lettering style

KunSPYG.png

I hope you like them!

That’s one good Giants concept! I like that you’ve used the ‘94-‘99 wordmark for the mains. My only issue with it is the cream/white outline on the black jersey when it should be only one-color. I really like the second version of the vintage alternate, as it ties in well with the team’s font.

All in all, this was a fantastic series. You’ve got a nice mix of vintage and modern here, and I’m glad to see that you’ve grown as a concept artist. I look forward to seeing more of your work!

On 15/4/2018 at 9:52 PM, coco1997 said:

Looking good! I think the Giants' fauxback is an improvement over the original version with their current letter style.

17 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Just some nice words about this series as a whole. 

I'd call it a triumph. 

The designs have been fresh and innovative. Modern and yet still clean and classic. If Under Armour gives us anything like this in a year we should consider ourselves most fortunate.

17 hours ago, itsmb8 said:

You know ive been a fan of this series!

15 hours ago, kerlonmoura said:

Some great concepts in this series, incredible work as always! Can't wait to see more!

10 hours ago, IndianapolisCubs2009 said:

Overall, amazing body of work. Each concept is above and beyond and I really love it.

9 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

That’s one good Giants concept! I like that you’ve used the ‘94-‘99 wordmark for the mains. My only issue with it is the cream/white outline on the black jersey when it should be only one-color. I really like the second version of the vintage alternate, as it ties in well with the team’s font.

All in all, this was a fantastic series. You’ve got a nice mix of vintage and modern here, and I’m glad to see that you’ve grown as a concept artist. I look forward to seeing more of your work!

Thank you guys for all this positive feedback! I really appreciate it!

Another round of requests:

@coco1997 - Rockies flag-based uniform and Giants road alt with the SF monogram (keeping it only in orange, as suggested by @SFGiants58)

fNH8IEi.png

kZ6Cf56.png

@itsmb8 - Brewers 70's style in their current colours

rn6LkSC.png

@IndianapolisCubs2009 - Padres in the 90's colour scheme

luLyRpY.png

Archived