Toronto206

Seattle NHL Brand Discussion

The guy in line clearly has a Bruins jersey on. You can easily see one of the spokes. Also there’s a woman in the center that has the Storm S logo but backwards.

just looks like a poor photoshop all around

12 hours ago, TenaciousG said:

Here’s an interesting little picture from the team’s transit story on NHL.com. Obviously a (edit: Bruins) jersey but NHL Seattle has previously centered on black and red for most marketing materials... and yet here are green and gold sweaters. Could just be a nod to the Sonics/Storm, or maybe our first indicator of a change in colors?

spacer.png

It's most likely just a visualization for the final result of the transit system, not a hint towards anything for the team itself. You see this kind of Photoshop job all the time with this kind of thing, it's a quick reference point for a concept.

It's no different then this;

spacer.png

Regardless, I think whatever they end up being called, green and gold is the ideal colour scheme.

33 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

Regardless, I think whatever they end up being called, green and gold is the ideal colour scheme.

My 3 favourite colour-combo possibilities...

1-  Green/Gold/White  or  Blue-Green/Gold/White

2-  Green/White  or  Double-Green/White

3-  Salmon/Teal (Seafoam)/Black  for an indigenous style

43 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

I'd agree since their ultimate goal is to have the Sonics back and playing in the same arena. But I'd heard in radio interviews that they don't want to take the Sonics' color scheme, they want to have their own. Thus the salmon, seafoam, and charcoal. 

From ESPN's Greg Wyshynski...

"We had heard recently that while Seattle's brass had initially bristled at the (Kraken) moniker, a marketing presentation late last year, centred around Kraken, blew them away."

...Must have been some pitch.

28 minutes ago, sparky chewbarky said:

From ESPN's Greg Wyshynski...

"We had heard recently that while Seattle's brass had initially bristled at the (Kraken) moniker, a marketing presentation late last year, centred around Kraken, blew them away."

...Must have been some pitch.

stop bragging about your Kraken concept video, sparky. 

1 hour ago, king_mahalo said:

stop bragging about your Kraken concept video, sparky. 

😏Right, king...(wouldn't that be cool?)...I mentioned before, that it'd be fantastic to be a fly-on-the-wall through this whole process because it's been quite a ride. Several months ago, (and as much as I'm a pro-Krāken guy) I would've agreed with most, that the Krāken was dead-in-the-water😉. Dave Tippett, with the team at the time, was pretty vocal about it NOT being the Krāken and, an associate with the team (in some capacity) actually started a "Kraken Is Off the Table" thread over on the HFBoards... "Sockeyes", at that time, seemed to be the betting favourite. I actually think it still is. I can't believe that the romance novelist could or would roadblock this thing. In fact, she's mentioned that she would like to see her "creation" become an actual team. I'm sure terms could easily be negotiated. Perhaps this whole dance is about managing expectations... Dangle the disappointment of the name NOT being Sockeyes, and then at the last minute...SURPRISE!!

10 hours ago, Chromatic said:

I would think it would be the opposite.  They should have their own colours to easily identify themselves from everyone else.  If there was no hope of the Sonics returning, then yes, take it.  But, I think they will eventually be back.

10 hours ago, M4One said:

I would think it would be the opposite.  They should have their own colours to easily identify themselves from everyone else.  If there was no hope of the Sonics returning, then yes, take it.  But, I think they will eventually be back.

Nobody in the NHL wears Green and Gold. It's a very fitting colour scheme for Seattle, and I dont buy "they need their own colours". Most cities have overlapping colour scheme for their sports teams to some degree and it helps create a coterminous identity. No matter what they do they'll be stepping on someone's toes. The idea of leaving a colour scheme alone for the hypothetical arrival of a different team in a different sport is ridiculous. It's not the name, if anything they should embrace it.

10 hours ago, Chromatic said:

The idea of leaving a colour scheme alone for the hypothetical arrival of a different team in a different sport is ridiculous. It's not the name, if anything they should embrace it.

Except that’s what ownership stated on air, that they wouldn’t use green/yellow or green/blue. Right wrong or indifferent, that has been their stance. 

15 hours ago, hawk36 said:

Except that’s what ownership stated on air, that they wouldn’t use green/yellow or green/blue. Right wrong or indifferent, that has been their stance. 

That's great. That's not the point though. I was saying that should be their colour scheme, not that it will be. 

Seattle NHL identity reveal is delayed due to coronavirus, according to Sports Business Journal. 

From an SBJ e-newsletter: 

NHL Seattle will not unveil the team’s new name this month because of sensitivities related to the coronavirus pandemic, SBJ’s Mark J. Burns reports. The club entered the new year hoping to have the name selected and ready for release in Q1, but those plans are being pushed back. The city of Seattle and state of Washington have been hit hardest by the outbreak with more than 900 cases and 50 deaths, and the new club said it wanted to be thoughtful about the timing of any celebration related to the name. The team still working through the trademark and legal process

I don't even care at this point. The AS Break was the perfect time.

NHL Seattle will not unveil the team’s new name this month because of sensitivities related to the coronavirus pandemic, SBJ’s Mark J. Burns reports. The club entered the new year hoping to have the name selected and ready for release in Q1, but those plans are being pushed back. The city of Seattle and state of Washington have been hit hardest by the outbreak with more than 900 cases and 50 deaths, and the new club said it wanted to be thoughtful about the timing of any celebration related to the name. The team still working through the trademark and legal process

TRANSLATION: Nobody liked Kraken when the news broke. We're now stalling, scrambling for a less-sh1ttier nickname.

I mean, I'd understand if this was about the logo and uniforms, but they can't even give us the name?

3 minutes ago, Cujo said:

TRANSLATION: Nobody liked Kraken when the news broke. We're now stalling, scrambling for a less-sh1ttier nickname.

Ugh, the get-along gang killed Sparky’s dream!