Seattle NHL Brand Discussion

Toronto206

25 minutes ago, BroncoBuff said:

We have something of an identity: Team colors are blue and green, lining up with the Seahawks, Mariners and Sounders.

uhhh... You wanna back that up with some sort of evidence?

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, MDGP said:

uhhh... You wanna back that up with some sort of evidence?

Okay okay ..... Well, we live in downtown Seattle and it's been fairly well-established here.

I guess these are just concept unis, but they've circulated around town, on TV and in the newspapers:

spacer.png

spacer.png

wS7MJ6T.png

1 minute ago, BroncoBuff said:

Well, I live in downtown Seattle and it's been fairly well-established here.

These are concept unis, but they've circulated around town, on TV and in the newspapers:

So you don't have any actual evidence besides concepts from people not involved in any way with the team and word on the street.

That certainly would be a twist seeing as literally everything the franchise has shown us so far has been in red and black.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

6 minutes ago, BroncoBuff said:

Okay okay ..... Well, we live in downtown Seattle and it's been fairly well-established here.

I guess these are just concept unis, but they've circulated around town, on TV and in the newspapers:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Those ARE concepts. From a member here. And in no way anything official. So no, we do NOT know their colors.

Gosh, I am really sorry. What, does your family own the color red or something? I don't understand the hostility ... 🙄

But despite my living here, I see now that I was wrong. Hanson was the first owner of Seattle hockey, he's the guy who fought for a new arena next to Safeco Field and CenturyLink Stadium - he announced blue and green years ago. I knew the Hollywood guy Jerry Bruckheimer was in, but only just learned Hanson is out completely. 

How 'bout I smooth things over with this (truly hilarious) Samantha Bee segment about how Hanson got his ass kicked trying to build that arena:

wS7MJ6T.png

I am pleasantly surprised that there have been a lack of leaks confirming what name and colours are for sure.  Team officials are keeping their mouths shut.  My understanding is that it is pretty much picked out but the pandemic has delayed releasing this.

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-seattle-expansion-nickname-update/c-316515462

I like the idea of green/yellow/red, red to match metros tradition and 90s Sonics and so eventual future Sonics dont have to use it.  Interesting look that was wrong for the Sonics but can be right for the Sockeyes or whatever.

10 minutes ago, the admiral said:

There has never been such a thing

Well this one might be an exception, part of it anyway. The 4 female, 3 male Seattle city council voted along gender lines to NIX a new arena, and male sports fans bombarded the women with crude (but literally lol) tweets ... seriously, they're funny.

wS7MJ6T.png

5 minutes ago, chakfu said:

I like the idea of green/yellow/red, red to match metros tradition 

Wow ... I knew about the old Metros, but I'm not sure I knew their colors. Odd how I come to a Canada-based art and design website, and learn so many things happening right here around me everyday 🙄

wS7MJ6T.png

13 minutes ago, chakfu said:

I like the idea of green/yellow/red, red to match metros tradition and 90s Sonics and so eventual future Sonics dont have to use it.  Interesting look that was wrong for the Sonics but can be right for the Sockeyes or whatever.

Done and done.  Start the looms!

spacer.png

spacer.png 

Also if I see that f-cking derpfaced Teemu Selanne trace one more time I'm liable to punch a hole clear through my laptop screen good god.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

10 minutes ago, BroncoBuff said:

Wow ... I knew about the old Metros, but I'm not sure I knew their colors. Odd how I come to a Canada-based art and design website, and learn so many things happening right here around me everyday 🙄

A lot of us are not from Canada. In fact, many are from all over the world. And this is a sports logo-specific site.

59 minutes ago, BroncoBuff said:

Gosh, I am really sorry. What, does your family own the color red or something? I don't understand the hostility ... 🙄

Two reasons:

1) The boards are entering the second renaissance of trolling.

2) We’re hopefully preventing people six pages from now saying things like “didn’t we hear conclusively that they’re blue and green a few pages back?”

Clearly a lot of those Seattle concepts have a lot of effort and time put into them and they are probably in the top percentile of concepts on the boards in terms of presentation, but I find there are a lot of unnecessary/superfluous details that really drag down the overall concepts and don't think would translate well off a digital medium. But enough about that.

I really hope Seattle is going forward with the black/salmon/seafoam green (or whatever they are calling those two colours) that are on the website. I think it's a really great colour scheme and I'll just post this Kelowna throwback picture for the umpteenth time on the boards because I like the colour scheme that much. Kelowna's teal and red are darker than than the colours on Seattle's website, but it still gets the point across.

IMG_8014-1024x576.jpg

IbjBaeE.png

1 hour ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Haven't seen it mentioned yet, so I'll throw this out:

Just cuz the website is salmon and black now doesn't mean it can't be changed at the flick of a switch (aka bait and switch).

Sure they could. However, when was the last time a team actually pulled a bait and switch like that? We love to throw out the "What if they're messing with us?!?!" on here, but I can't actually remember a time a team was actually messing with us.

I don't count the Rams GM wearing a blue and red hat, that was an extremely obvious troll attempt, and nobody should've been fooled.

It makes virtually no sense in this day and age to very consistently associate a color scheme with you (salmon and teal) and then pull a massive bait-and-switch into something completely opposite to what you've been using the entire time.

If salmon and teal are this consistent in their branding, those likely are two of the colors in the Seattle team's color palette. 

Archived