Toronto206

Seattle NHL Brand Discussion

Also.....

Bezos just bought the stadium rights and is going to be calling it the Climate Pledge Arena.

THE CLIMATE PLEDGE ARENA.

People are going to be calling it the CP Arena and the CP is the worst for acroymns.

So they won't be called Kraken now... considering Kraken wouldn't be saving the climate.

It's either Emeralds or Thunderbirds.

"It's not a corporate sponsor, it is a social statement!" - Jeff Bezos, probably

Amazon Arena sounds so much better.

Yeah AA would of been a better name.... but then you got to have to earn them VIRTUE points from the 3% that don't give a toss about sports.

Sorry for double posting but at the potential Thunderbirds name of NHL Seattle.... let's look at the current Thunderbirds.

Seattle Thunderbirds logo.svg

That would be a good logo to start with.

EDIT: We can see this possibly returning.

burt_1__97246.1346193550.1280.1280.JPG?c

8 minutes ago, heavybass said:

EDIT: We can see this possibly returning.

burt_1__97246.1346193550.1280.1280.JPG?c

Not sure how that would fly, given that Carolina wouldn't be too thrilled with another NHL team wearing a uniform from their past. 

2 minutes ago, colinturner95 said:

Not sure how that would fly, given that Carolina wouldn't be too thrilled with another NHL team wearing a uniform from their past. 

Change the colors around? Green/Silver/Blue?

1 minute ago, heavybass said:

Change the colors around? Green/Silver/Blue?

Maybe. I still don't think that the NHL team is interested in taking an identity that a WHL team has built up for 35 years. There's been nothing to suggest that Thunderbirds has been an option that has been pursued by the ownership. 

As long as it's not Kraken. That just screams Brandiose minor league baseball team to me. 

1 minute ago, colinturner95 said:

Maybe. I still don't think that the NHL team is interested in taking an identity that a WHL team has built up for 35 years. There's been nothing to suggest that Thunderbirds has been an option that has been pursued by the ownership. 

As long as it's not Kraken. That just screams Brandiose minor league baseball team to me. 

That'll probably be the AHL identity if we're lucky ish.

Just now, heavybass said:

That'll probably be the AHL identity if we're lucky ish.

AHL is already the Palm Springs Firebirds.

ECHL maybe. 

Hopefully they're tipping off the colour scheme with all the two-toned green visuals. Amazon's colours are black & gold, and The Climate Pledge uses blue & green, so there wouldn't be any other reason for the arena to use those colours.

spacer.png

Might this center ice graphic be a clue to the team colors?

It's possible, but it's still just concept imagery. It doesn't look like any of the players on the ice are wearing green uniforms, though. Seems it's red vs black there, so I dunno if the green and black is necessarily going to be the final color scheme.

Seems like if they're releasing images of the arena it'd also be a good time to unveil the name. I think our attention spans can can accept new things now. 

This Seattle expansion seems so forced. I don't like anything about it TBH. Vegas just did it so perfectly. I don't get that vibe from this expansion... Idk it could just be me, but i am a massive NHL fan and this just isn't moving the needle for me.

47 minutes ago, PlayGloria said:

This Seattle expansion seems so forced. I don't like anything about it TBH. Vegas just did it so perfectly. I don't get that vibe from this expansion... Idk it could just be me, but i am a massive NHL fan and this just isn't moving the needle for me.

lol

And I agree. It should be an NBA team.