Toronto206

Seattle NHL Brand Discussion

I cannot think for a moment that they didn't explicitly construct this as a hint towards the name, honestly. It's a couple of people on a fishing boat wearing fishing gear hauling a fishing net out of the ocean to find a goal light.

If they're trying to hint to "Kraken", they left absurdly little hint that it's "Kraken" and all too many hints towards "Sockeyes".

Please be the Seattle Krackens.

I could still see it being Kraken off this video, but I hope not. We'll see tomorrow.

If it’s Kraken, I’m waiting for the borders to open again and I’m engaging Sparky in an ECW hardcore-style match. Mike, you willing to be the Mustafa to my New Jack?

spacer.png

In part 2 of that video, I'd love to see a giant kraken with a hockey helmet crash over the fishing boat and hit a slapshot right into their nets. Like, flip that family water scene on its head and make it a disaster film. Jerry Bruckheimer is part of the ownership group, right?

*insert RELEASE THE KRAKEN joke*

3 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

In part 2 of that video, I'd love to see a giant kraken with a hockey helmet crash over the fishing boat and hit a slapshot right into their nets. Like, flip that family water scene on its head and make it a disaster film. Jerry Bruckheimer is part of the ownership group, right?

That's kind of how I see it possibly going down lol. Exactly.

Here's why the name won't be Kraken

Calling it now. The Devils account tweeted a response to a response to the Seattle video, and if they spoiled it early they would look like major A Holes

"JK, @NHLSeattle_. We’re looking forward to Kraken a few cold ones with you soon."

Hoping it’s not Kraken, too minor league sounding.

Just now, heavybass said:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/401517456184705024/735661312646053958/115966678_897133160785258_7633279490394533005_o.png

This tells me Kraken

A...picture of water? How does that scream "Kraken" specifically?

6 minutes ago, daniel75 said:

Hoping it’s not Kraken, too minor league sounding.

No, we want it to be an awful name.

It's also water .... where fish are.

5 minutes ago, heavybass said:

Also that's from the Seattle NHL team's twitter

I know that, but nothing about the image explicitly suggests "Kraken", just that it's a water-based name (which was kinda the obvious direction anyways). And the entire theme of the video is about some fishers on a fishing boat pulling a goal light out of a trawling net that's probably meant to catch fish. The obvious connection those dots would make...is that the team is probably named for a fish.

Nothing in the video even vaguely suggests a cephalopodan team identity beyond "on the water", but a lot suggests a piscine one.

If it's Kraken I will never feel more defeated by life.