Seattle NHL Brand Discussion

Toronto206

2 hours ago, Chromatic said:

I could see them going with a colour scheme of red and green, basically an inverse of the wild. Matches the Metropolitans old colours well too.

I'm  still pulling for green and gold though.

Tim Leiweke said the team will NOT wear green and gold.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TaylorMade said:

ah, tim lie weekly, as us former san jose earthquakes fans used to know him as before the team moved to houston

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

If the the team is called "Emeralds", I would try a two-tone green look - forest or Kelly green as the primary with a lighter green as the secondary. 

Hopefully, the red used in the ticket launch is just a smokescreen. There is more than enough red in the NHL.

14 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

If so, red and what?  We already have red/white (DET), red/black/white (AZ), Red/blue (MTL), Red/green (MIN, albeit in reverse), Red/black/yellow (CGY)

Red and silver with a touch of green? I dunno. 

Seattle Sasquatches would be my #1 choice if The Avalanche didn't already use the "Bigfoot" logo;

Colorado Avalanche (2000 - 2015)(seriously, what the story with them I never associated "Bigfoot" with Denver.)

In all seriousness, I heard the name Seattle Tridents somewhere and thought that was pretty cool.  

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

The Stars' green and black would have been perfect for Seattle. But I'd like to see a three-tone green or perhaps forest green, beige, brown, and black. 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Whenever people suggest the Canucks switching to green as a primary, I always remind them of a potential green team in Seattle. However, if worse comes to worse and red is Seattle's primary dark colour, then green is fair game for the Canucks. 

21 hours ago, TaylorMade said:

According to the KING5 report, Leiweke said the organization ruled out green and gold "saying it would be reserved for a future NBA franchise and that 'we're extremely respectful.'"

I don't understand what one has to do with the other. Is there a viable concern that the NHL taking those colors would be somehow usurping a future NBA team? I personally like it when teams in the same city share colors. 

That sounds odd considering the proximity of colors between the Seahawks, the Sounders, and even the recently created Seattle Seawolves.

Actually, it always looked like Seattle teams kinda wanted/enjoyed this color similarity in town

There's nothing odd about it.  They probably are looking for colours that they can say is their own that can easily be identifiable as theirs in a pretty crowded market.  They still could go with a green/red combo or green/silver.

On 3/2/2018 at 11:55 PM, gosioux76 said:

According to the KING5 report, Leiweke said the organization ruled out green and gold "saying it would be reserved for a future NBA franchise and that 'we're extremely respectful.'"

I don't understand what one has to do with the other. Is there a viable concern that the NHL taking those colors would be somehow usurping a future NBA team? I personally like it when teams in the same city share colors. 

Exactly, it would be sweet if Pittsburgh had a NBA team playing in black and gold.

Which reminds me, there are no black and gold team in the NBA.

Archived