Seattle NHL Brand Discussion

Toronto206

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, DeFrank said:

Not to mention the Capitals!! I've begun to form an opinion that all DC teams should change their location name to that of the District should it become a state. 

The most recent official proposal calls for the establishment of a state named "Washington, Douglass Commonwealth." So, the city is Washington, but in stead of "District of Columbia" or "the District" we've got "Douglass Commonwealth" or "Douglass"

Fire me up. Douglass Capitals? Great. Let the pacific northwest have "Washington" for their teams.

Ummm....no. I don't live in Douglass I live in the District.

1 minute ago, DeFrank said:

Yeah but don’t you want to live in “a state” rather than “a district?”

Why do people chose to live in a district rather than Maryland or Virginia in the first place?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 minute ago, WSU151 said:

Why do people chose to live in a district rather than Maryland or Virginia in the first place?

For most Washingtonians, it’s their birthplace and home. So for most it’s because it’s their home. Others? Same reasons you’d move anywhere else: job opportunity, the character of the city, etc.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

4 minutes ago, DeFrank said:

For most Washingtonians, it’s their birthplace and home. So for most it’s because it’s their home. Others? Same reasons you’d move anywhere else: job opportunity, the character of the city, etc.

My job is in DC and I live in a state. I don't have to live in DC if I don't want to. There's more movement in this area than most cities.

5 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

My job is in DC and I live in a state. I don't have to live in DC if I don't want to. There's more movement in this area than most cities.

Well, ok. That’s your choice. Nobody is saying you’re forced to live in DC. Or denying that DC has a lot of out of towners living in the area. What’s your point? Mine is simple: DC residents deserve equal voting rights and self-government 

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

5 minutes ago, DeFrank said:

Well, ok. That’s your choice. Nobody is saying you’re forced to live in DC. Or denying that DC has a lot of out of towners living in the area. What’s your point? Mine is simple: DC residents deserve equal voting rights and self-government 

I'm saying that for a lot of people, that's not the highest priority. 

25 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

So how about that Seattle hockey team?

I don't know if the Seattle "Should D.C. be a Staters" really rolls off the tongue. I think it would also lead to further confusion surrounding if the team is representing Washington state or Washington D.C.

Yeah. Any chance the Mods can steer this discussion back to hockey branding?

8 minutes ago, JoshMcC1982 said:

So I think we are all in agreement that whatever this team is called, the colors need to be green of some sort or two. Possible a shade of gold etc. Correct?

Considering that I suggested the locality name "Evergreen", I certainly think that the team's colours must involve green.

"Evergreen Emeralds" would be a cool name.  It has Washington's state nickname as well as Seattle's nickname.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

1 minute ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Considering that I suggested the locality name "Evergreen", I certainly think that the team's colours must involve green.

"Evergreen Emeralds" would be a cool name.  It has the Washington's state nickname as well as Seattle's nickname.

I see. I think also with the locale and the fact that Washington is so lush with foliage that green should play the part. I love the name "Evergreen Emeralds"! However the shortened version would be funny to see on a score ticker:

VGK 0

SEE 3

1 hour ago, JoshMcC1982 said:

I see. I think also with the locale and the fact that Washington is so lush with foliage that green should play the part. I love the name "Evergreen Emeralds"! However the shortened version would be funny to see on a score ticker:

VGK 0

SEE 3

So it'd be "Seattle Evergreen Emeralds"? I think Ferdinand's suggestion is to not use "Seattle" or "Washington".

1 hour ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Right.  The locality name would be "Evergreen", just as the Warriors' locality name is "Golden State".

You could also take it a step further and expand its reach to the entirety of the Pacific Northwest: Call them the Cascadia Emeralds/orwhatnots. Or the Pacific Northwest Emeralds.

I don't think they'd need to care about whether or not they'd be trampling on Canucks territory. Just come in owning it. (My mind would change on that should Portland ever get a franchise.)

I know it won't happen, but the part of me that wants to watch the world burn hopes this team goes the sponsored team name route. Get ready for the Red Bull Seattle Ice Hockey Club folks!!! :P

Hotter Than July > Thriller

1 hour ago, 4_tattoos said:

I know it won't happen, but the part of me that wants to watch the world burn hopes this team goes the sponsored team name route. Get ready for the Red Bull Seattle Ice Hockey Club folks!!! :P

Bought to you by Starbucks.

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

Archived