Seattle NHL Brand Discussion

Toronto206

The double green is a good look.  

I dont see how red/black and slate gray is unique.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Ottawa, New Jersey Devils.

Even Calgary is a lot of Red/Black with yellow. But it looks like they're going back to just red/yellow.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It took me a while to find this, but you can have the Canucks and a slightly similar color scheme and still have enough contrast:

dirk-nowitzki-of-the-dallas-mavericks-lo

In case you're curious, that's from 2007 and the Mavs have never looked better.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

8 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

That would be awesome...particularly if they resist the urge to add black.

The early 1980s Eagles scheme was terrific (even if their sleeve stripes were a disaster).

Yup.  I loved watching the full kelly green uniform when we saw the Whalers throwbacks this year.  It looked so good.  I realized as hockey fans we are getting a raw deal by not having a team wearing a uniform of kelly green complete with the green helmets and pants as their regular look.  Time for a team to right this wrong!  We don't need another red uniform.

Adding the silver trim gives a unique look.  It is different enough from the Stars.  The silver is only in the logo for the Stars - they are a green and black team.

The green and silver would be a modern look that could provide a nod to the old green and white Totems.

On 5/13/2019 at 10:11 PM, DG_Now said:

Mountain Goats is not alliterative and not brief, but would be fine as an idea.

The story of the hockey team that ran straightaway into the water and their, uh, great triumph

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

9 hours ago, uniformity said:

Its been confirmed that they are not using green and gold, or blue and green.

Red is clearly being pushed as its in every piece of promo material. The fact that the team page is asking for some input on colour palettes is immaterial as teams ignore these surveys all the time and simply go with their original choice. If they were serious about wanting input they would put an actual palette up instead of this vague selection of one colour.

Im saying it again: red black and slate grey. These are the colours on the website. They seem to neatly tie in with the Metropolitans and a few other historic Seattle teams without being too garish, and they tie in with the Sockeyes name that keeps being floated. It would be a pretty unique scheme in the NHL.

Hold on, what?

There hasn't been any kind of confirmation regarding the team name or colors. Unless you have some insider info, you're going to need to back up that claim with a link.

And I gotta disagree with you on red, black, and slate gray surely being the team colors. I don't care what the website shows. When a name is determined, there will be a total rebrand. 

'NHL Seattle' has established itself as a brand using red/black/gray on their apparel, media, etc.

'Seattle (Team Name)' brand will have its own set of colors. Maybe it'll include some of those colors, maybe not. 

9 hours ago, king_mahalo said:

Hold on, what?

There hasn't been any kind of confirmation regarding the team name or colors. Unless you have some insider info, you're going to need to back up that claim with a link.

All I heard was the owner on local sport radio saying:

1. They wanted to leave the Green/Yellow for the Sonics when they return

2. Blue/Green was their rivals colors so they also wanted to stay away from that

Things could've changed but that's the only thing I heard regarding colors. 

5 hours ago, Chromatic said:

I know it isn’t a very ‘Seattle’ colour (aside from UW), but I’d like to see at least one team use purple now that LA has all but abandoned it.

If Milwaukee were to ever get a team, call them the Milwaukee Monarchs. They can go with purple and yellow-gold.

9 minutes ago, VancouverFan69 said:

If Milwaukee were to ever get a team, call them the Milwaukee Monarchs. They can go with purple and yellow-gold.

There’s nothing particularly “royal” about Milwaukee. There are many better names for the team that draw on local culture and don’t involve shamelessly ripping off the LA Kings. 

6 hours ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

I think even a reverse Minnesota Wild scheme since the Wild have gone green heavy (focus more on red than green), and through in some black or charcoal. That pinky-red is the color I think of when I hear the word Sockeyes.

spacer.png

That's what I've thought from seeing the promo material and seeing sockeye... red, green, black

Red - Used for the old Metropolitans and Rainiers

Green - Used by every Seattle team and the Seattle Center where they'll play

Black - Nice compliment to the red and green

I've posted this before but it's been a while...

SeattleNHLColor.jpg

2 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

There’s nothing particularly “royal” about Milwaukee. There are many better names for the team that draw on local culture and don’t involve shamelessly ripping off the LA Kings. 

Can always have a "royal" matchup.😉

4 hours ago, VancouverFan69 said:

Has to be Voyageurs or Admirals, the '70s L.A. Kings in Milwaukee is an astonishingly terrible idea

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

19 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Has to be Voyageurs or Admirals, the '70s L.A. Kings in Milwaukee is an astonishingly terrible idea

Actually, I agree with you. Admirals is my preferred choice like Totems for Seattle. As for Voyagers, perhaps purple can work.

12 hours ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

I think even a reverse Minnesota Wild scheme since the Wild have gone green heavy (focus more on red than green), and through in some black or charcoal. That pinky-red is the color I think of when I hear the word Sockeyes.

spacer.png

They could use the salmon color that South Korean soccer has used in the past to distinguish themselves from all the other red squads.

spacer.png

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Archived