Toronto206

Seattle NHL Brand Discussion

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Ice_Cap said:

SzjC5vh.png

 

Make it happen, Seattle. Salmon and seafoam is a great throwback to the Metros' colour scheme without being the Metros' colour scheme or stepping on the Wild's toes.

This looks gray, not seafoam. The site shows the seafoam much more bright and green tinted which I like better. More of a cool, retro vibe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hawk36 said:

This looks gray, not seafoam. The site shows the seafoam much more bright and green tinted which I like better. More of a cool, retro vibe. 

That was the shade the site used before the recent change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm kinda diggin' the name Sockeyes and the colors being teased.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

SzjC5vh.png

 

Make it happen, Seattle. Salmon and seafoam is a great throwback to the Metros' colour scheme without being the Metros' colour scheme or stepping on the Wild's toes.

 

I'd prefer a more lime green, personally, and I feel that Red (or Salmon)/Black/Green (or Seafoam) would be an excellent, unorthodox color scheme for Seattle. It stands out without being too gaudy, and I like the way the colors play off of each other, from the only two teams off the top of my head I can think of to wear the colors (Raleigh-Durham Skyhawks and Great Falls Voyagers):

 

1991-jon-carter-raleigh-durham-skyhawks.

 

100_9910_j8ha9mzo_x8y3mift.JPG

 

Edited by DustDevil61
Space

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Salmon pink and Seafoam pink/grey?...

 

 

I... can definitely dig that. I say go all out! Salmon helmets and all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only time we see salmon pink from salmon is when they are chopped up into fillets and ready to be cooked and eaten. I don't think that's the way to go.

 

tumblr_pso11hnYQS1u7t2opo1_500.jpg

tumblr_pso18myfyD1u7t2opo1_1280.pnj

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, daveindc said:

The only time we see salmon pink from salmon is when they are chopped up into fillets and ready to be cooked and eaten. I don't think that's the way to go.

 

tumblr_pso11hnYQS1u7t2opo1_500.jpg

tumblr_pso18myfyD1u7t2opo1_1280.pnj

 

 

 

 

 

Its nickname is literally "the red salmon."

 

220px-July_2010,_Spawning_male_sockeye_(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lafarge said:

 

Its nickname is literally "the red salmon."

 

220px-July_2010,_Spawning_male_sockeye_(

 

To be fair, they only turn this color as they’re about to swim upstream to procreate and die, either at the hands of a predator or after the spawning process.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, BKarchitect said:

Salmon and Seafoam?  Lovely...I could see maybe black as a tertiary color to inject some contrast?  I mean I like the Salmon and Seafoam combo but it's very "soft" as an overall look...a dash of a darker, bolder tertiary color might help it pop a bit more.

Definitely, those colors are both too light of shades to not have black as a nice contrast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

 

To be fair, they only turn this color as they’re about to swim upstream to procreate and die, either at the hands of a predator or after the spawning process.

 

If that ain't a metaphor for hockey, I don't know what is!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, BKarchitect said:

Salmon and Seafoam?  Lovely...I could see maybe black as a tertiary color to inject some contrast?  I mean I like the Salmon and Seafoam combo but it's very "soft" as an overall look...a dash of a darker, bolder tertiary color might help it pop a bit more.

 

1 hour ago, AstroBull21 said:

Definitely, those colors are both too light of shades to not have black as a nice contrast.

 

I'd offer a dark brown instead of black, but could go for either.

 

17 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

They are a team in the league though. Same conference too. You wanna avoid a derivative look if you can manage it.

 

*glares at Tampa*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, daveindc said:

The only time we see salmon pink from salmon is when they are chopped up into fillets and ready to be cooked and eaten. I don't think that's the way to go.

 

tumblr_pso18myfyD1u7t2opo1_1280.pnj

The reflective dark to light of the skin could be very cool on the shoulders of a jersey if done subtly and well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

The reflective dark to light of the skin could be very cool on the shoulders of a jersey if done subtly and well. 

 

Tampa preemptively stole another team’s look!

 

18ADIMNHLLGHTNNGLTAMA?wid=500&fmt=jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, VancouverFan69 said:

I'd use forest green as the primary with salmon red and seafoam as the secondary uniform colours.

  • 1995-96 through 2000-01 Seattle Supersonics Forest Green
  • 1992-93 through 1996-97 Vancouver Canucks Pacific Salmon Red
  • 2012 through Present New York Liberty Seafoam Green

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

 

To be fair, they only turn this color as they’re about to swim upstream to procreate and die, either at the hands of a predator or after the spawning process.

 

Oh yeah, just, like, when they're perpetuating the existence of the species. You know. NBD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Survival79 said:
  • 1995-96 through 2000-01 Seattle Supersonics Forest Green
  • 1992-93 through 1996-97 Vancouver Canucks Pacific Salmon Red
  • 2012 through Present New York Liberty Seafoam Green

spacer.png

 

Those colours would look great together. I'd lighten the green a bit. Would look too much like black on TV or from far away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, VancouverFan69 said:

Those colours would look great together. I'd lighten the green a bit. Would look too much like black on TV or from far away.

  • 2001-02 through 2007-08 Seattle Supersonics Hunter Green
  • 1992-93 through 1996-97 Vancouver Canucks Pacific Salmon Red
  • 2012 through Present New York Liberty Seafoam Green

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Bucfan56 said:

 

Oh yeah, just, like, when they're perpetuating the existence of the species. You know. NBD.

 

Well, sure. On the one hand it’s how the species moves forward, but on the other, a salmon that color is also indicating, “Whatever happens, this is the end for me, bros. See you on the other side.”

 

Similarly, I think fans are much more likely to consider and place importance on their mascot’s place on the food chain/how they typically perish over their procreation ritual.

 

Again, not that it’s bad. I love the color and the significance and I’m positive you could build a fantastic identity from that, but I think that’s a big hang up for a lot of people who don’t like fish-themed names.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.