Toronto206

Seattle NHL Brand Discussion

The Seattle Sockeye novelist just made sure she could continue using the name in her books. The registering has no affect on the NHL franchise. She's all for it. Her words

On 7/19/2019 at 2:31 PM, SFGiants58 said:

Totems and Kraken are out of the race? That’s fantastic.

Wow!...8 Likes so far!...a lot of people don't like "Totems"!...😉

If they do go with Steelheads, lets hope that Duff McArdle, Colleen Blessed and Brett Parker aren't involved in the running of the team. They really screwed the previous "Steelheads" franchise.

37 minutes ago, sparky chewbarky said:

Wow!...8 Likes so far!...a lot of people don't like "Totems"!...😉

😜

Sorry man, but it’s a minor-league name. Your concepts for it are good, but the name is still stupid. I know you spent years trying to argue for it (along with that Halifax Highlanders), but it’s just not worthy of the NHL (excluding the Wild).

Just now, SFGiants58 said:

😜

Sorry man, but it’s a minor-league name. Your concepts for it are good, but the name is still stupid. I know you spent years trying to argue for it (along with that Halifax Highlanders), but it’s just not worthy of the NHL (excluding the Wild).

And the Wild has the excuse of being a team made and named at the tail end of the 90's phase of stupid team names. 😛

4 hours ago, kiwi_canadian said:

If they do go with Steelheads, lets hope that Duff McArdle, Colleen Blessed and Brett Parker aren't involved in the running of the team. They really screwed the previous "Steelheads" franchise.

It took me a moment, but I got it.

On 7/19/2019 at 8:08 PM, the admiral said:

Palm Springs Kraken? Okay.

Shhh...don't give them ideas.

Seattle Pilots. From the city's former MLB team.

On 7/22/2019 at 11:51 AM, DastardlyRidleylash said:

And the Wild has the excuse of being a team made and named at the tail end of the 90's phase of stupid team names. 😛

The Wild don’t have any excuse at all.  It’s a profoundly stupid name. 

1 minute ago, Gothamite said:

The Wild don’t have any excuse at all.  It’s a profoundly stupid name. 

I mean, Nashville didn't do much better. Their name actually got their subreddit banned for a bit. 😛

Nashville also has a bad name.  But a bad plural noun name will always be better than a stupid singular abstract name.  Always. 

16 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Nashville also has a bad name.  But a bad plural noun name will always be better than a stupid singular abstract name.  Always. 

At least there’s a specific local story behind Nashville’s name. “Wild” always felt too generic and conceptual for a team name.

On 7/22/2019 at 8:51 AM, DastardlyRidleylash said:

This is why you should never follow trends for something that is supposed to last generations. Trendy isn't sustainable. 

On 8/13/2019 at 7:51 PM, DastardlyRidleylash said:

I mean, Nashville didn't do much better. Their name actually got their subreddit banned for a bit. 😛

Considering that the 3 finalists in the Nashville fan vote were "Attack", "Fury", and "Ice Tigers", I think we're all lucky Craig Leopold added Predators as an option,

46 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

Considering that the 3 finalists in the Nashville fan vote were "Attack", "Fury", and "Ice Tigers", I think we're all lucky Craig Leopold added Predators as an option,

What, you don't like the idea of the NHL having teams named the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim, Minnesota Wild and Nashville Ice Tigers? 😛

On 8/16/2019 at 9:57 AM, Goatiest Maximian said:

I want to see something that evokes the spirit of old Seattle and new Seattle.

I miss old Seattle. 

38 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

I miss old Seattle. 

Cities evolve, friend. There comes a point for all of us when we say "that's enough change for me thank you very much!" I haven't hit that point yet.

4 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Cities evolve, friend. There comes a point for all of us when we say "that's enough change for me thank you very much!" I haven't hit that point yet.

Yes I know. But having moved from three different great neighborhoods due to progress that replaces nice little homes with multiplex condos I’ve seen enough. Seattle Condos would be a quite appropriate name. Ha. Honestly though I’m hoping for an old school name even if Seattle isn’t old school.