MLB Concepts (MLB Complete, MiLB Chihuahuas 7/30)

BradyIvie

5 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Any idea if New Jersey could actually sustain an MLB team?

Not a chance. The Yankees fan base in Jersey is too big now. At least the Mets became a team before the Yanks dominated literally every God damned thing and that saved them until they got big enough. New Jersey couldn't support an NBA team because the Knicks. It's a miracle the Devil's are still around with the Rangers, Islanders and Philly so close

S8eR5Rf.png

Q2XFfoc.jpg

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Hahahaha! I'm cracking up at the idea of a team naming itself after a player just to lure him into playing for them ;). The colors are kind of ugly on their own but look surprisingly good together! Not a fan of how the road wordmark looks, though, so I'd just replace it with the "NJ" monogram. Speaking of which, could you manipulate the tail of the "J" to look like a fish hook? I think that would be a nice touch. 

Any idea if New Jersey could actually sustain an MLB team?

They already sustain two NFL teams, do they not?

On a more serious note, I agree that the road wordmark was awful, so it has been replaced.  I also replaced the "J" so now it doesn't just LOOK like a fish hook, it IS a fish hook.  The colors are ugly alone, yes, but as long as they work that's what matters.  And was that a pun about using the name to "lure" in a player?  Because I think having such great uniforms would be enough to reel in any player.

After a bit of a hiatus, I've completed the Omaha Steers.  The team colors are well-done brown, medium-tan, and orange.  The white home and brown alternate uniforms feature the team's "O" logo on the chest with placket stripes, with the white uniform being a vest.  The steer logo is featured on the sleeve of each uniform.  The steer in the logo comes from Vecteezy, and is to be credited to vihaanlight.

SteersCollage.png.ef22ac6bc087d79b4ba02d3abdaa485a.png

And here is team #40, the Columbus Flight.  Filling out my conceptual MLB, the Flight use the colors sky blue, purple, and gold.  A modified version of the logo is on the caps and sleeves.

From here on out, I think the only teams to be added in will be MiLB squads.  So for the requested Alberta team, that will likely be created as a MiLB team, although I can't say for which team, as realignment for the Minors will take place by region size and location.

FlightCollage.png.0b5c9684d6c98ed81acf43ea471ec0ee.png

Really like what you've done with both teams, especially the Flight. I'm curious how you chose the identities you did.

For the Steers, the color scheme fits perfectly, but the wordmarks and numbers font is a little generic. I think you could really embrace the "Wild West" theme and go with a more playful Western/saloon-style font such as one of these:

Carnivalee Freakshow

Helldorado

Pointedly

Vanilla Whale

In keeping with the Old West idea, I'd also give the home uniform pinstripes. You could even take it a step further and make the home uni off-white!

3 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Really like what you've done with both teams, especially the Flight. I'm curious how you chose with identities you did.

For the Steers, the color scheme fits perfectly, but the wordmarks and numbers font is a little generic. I think you could really embrace the "Wild West" theme and go with a more playful Western/saloon-style font such as one of these:

Carnivalee Freakshow

Helldorado

Pointedly

Vanilla Whale

In keeping with the Old West idea, I'd also give the home uniform pinstripes. You could even take it a step further and make the home uni off-white!

I've gone ahead and made those changes to the Steers.  They now use an off-white (similar to the canvas on a covered wagon) uniform at home, the font has been changed to Vanilla Whale, and the home uniform now features pinstripes.

For the Flight, their identity came from the fact that six pilots from Columbus accounted for over 10% of aerial victories in World War I.  In the case of the Steers, I wanted to go with something to reference the Union Stockyards in Omaha, which from 1955-1971 stood as the largest livestock market in the United States.  I figured enough sports teams use the name "Bulls", so I gave them a unique name.  A steer is also a castrated bull raised for beef, so I felt it was extremely fitting.

51 minutes ago, BradyIvie said:

I've gone ahead and made those changes to the Steers.  They now use an off-white (similar to the canvas on a covered wagon) uniform at home, the font has been changed to Vanilla Whale, and the home uniform now features pinstripes.

Hmm...Is there any way to get rid of the horizontal lines above and below the wordmarks? If not, I would use the "Pointedly" font, instead.

And at this point, I think it would be better if you got rid of the brown sleeves on the home uni and made them the same color as the rest of the uniform.

On 6/13/2017 at 2:17 PM, coco1997 said:

Hmm...Is there any way to get rid of the horizontal lines above and below the wordmarks? If not, I would use the "Pointedly" font, instead.

And at this point, I think it would be better if you got rid of the brown sleeves on the home uni and made them the same color as the rest of the uniform.

I've removed the horizontal lines and the sleeves.

I've also decided to add in minor league franchises.  The AAA teams will be:

INTERNATIONAL LEAGUE

NORTH

Buffalo Bisons (Blue Jays)

Fort Wayne TinCaps (Cubs)

Lehigh Valley IronPigs (Phillies)

Madison Bratwursts (Brewers)

Ottawa Rapids (Expos)

Pawtucket Red Sox (Red Sox)

Reading Regulars (Pirates)

Rochester Red Wings (Mets)

Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders (Yankees)

Toledo Mud Hens (Tribe)

SOUTH

Birmingham Barons (Braves)

Charleston Pilots (Marlins)

Charlotte Knights (Orioles)

Dayton Dragons (Reds)

Durham Bulls (Trout)

Memphis Blues (Strings)

Indianapolis Checkers (White Sox)

Norfolk Tides (Nationals)

Orlando Juice (Tampa Bay)

Springfield Cardinals (Cardinals)

PACIFIC COAST LEAGUE

WEST

Alberta Wild (Twins)

Bakersfield Breakers (Dodgers)

Calgary Cannons (Mariners)

Fresno Grizzlies (Angels)

Las Vegas 51s (Diamondbacks)

Reno Aces (Swarm)

Sacramento River Cats (Athletics)

San Jose Giants (Giants)

Tijuana Toros (Padres)

Vancouver Canadians (Lumberjacks)

CENTRAL

Albuquerque Isotopes (Krewe)

Arkansas Travelers (Flight)

Colorado Springs Sky Sox (Rockies)

El Paso Chihuahuas (Hammers)

Frisco RoughRiders (Rangers)

Iowa Oaks (Steers)

Mississippi Magnolias (Tigers)

Oklahoma City Redhawks (Gallops)

Round Rock Express (Astros)

Wichita Monarchs (Royals)

Many of these teams will be based off existing clubs, however some will be expansions and others will need rebrandings ("Iowa Cubs" wouldn't exactly work for a Steers farm club).

5 minutes ago, BradyIvie said:

I've removed the horizontal lines and the sleeves.

I've also decided to add in minor league franchises.  The AAA teams will be:

INTERNATIONAL LEAGUE

NORTH

Buffalo (Blue Jays)

Fort Wayne (Cubs)

Lehigh Valley (Phillies)

Madison (Brewers)

Ottawa (Expos)

Pawtucket (Red Sox)

Reading (Pirates)

Rochester (Mets)

Scranton/Wilkes-Barre (Yankees)

Toledo (Tribe)

SOUTH

Birmingham (Braves)

Charleston (Marlins)

Charlotte (Orioles)

Dayton (Reds)

Durham (Trout)

Memphis (Strings)

Indianapolis (White Sox)

Norfolk (Nationals)

Orlando (Tampa Bay)

Springfield (Cardinals)

PACIFIC COAST LEAGUE

WEST

Bakersfield (Dodgers)

Calgary (Mariners)

Edmonton (Twins)

Fresno (Angels)

Las Vegas (Diamondbacks)

Reno (Swarm)

Sacramento (Athletics)

San Jose (Giants)

Tijuana (Padres)

Vancouver (Lumberjacks)

CENTRAL

Albuquerque (Krewe)

Colorado Springs (Rockies)

El Paso (Hammers)

Frisco (Rangers)

Iowa (Steers)

Jackson (Tigers)

Little Rock (Flight)

Oklahoma City (Gallops)

Round Rock (Astros)

Wichita (Royals)

Many of these teams will be based off existing clubs, however some will be expansions and others will need rebrandings ("Iowa Cubs" wouldn't exactly work for a Steers farm club).

Looking forward to these minor league teams!

However, it looks like the Steers home uni still has the brown sleeves.

Looks much better with the normal sleeves!

Not sure what it is, but there's still something distinctly "college baseball" looking about the Steers. I hate to beat a dead horse (or in this case steer ;)) but any chance we could see it with the Pointedly font used for the wordmarks and numbers?

On 6/13/2017 at 5:26 PM, coco1997 said:

Not sure what it is, but there's still something distinctly "college baseball" looking about the Steers. I hate to beat a dead horse (or in this case steer ;)) but any chance we could see it with the Pointedly font used for the wordmarks and numbers?

I've gone ahead and changed the font, I think it might just be the burnt orange making it look like UT.

The first AAA team completed are those of the Lehigh Valley IronPigs.  The uniforms feature the "LV" logo on the primary cap, the Pig and Phillies logos on the sleeves, and the famous "Bacon" uniforms.

IronPigsCollage.png.f0da2ebe08874f519b34f40912eefc39.png

The new font for the Steers is the best yet. Definitely the most "baseball-y." The only other thing I can think to suggest is to make the "O" logo on the jersey and caps make the "O" from that font. Other than that, perfect!

The Iron Pigs look great, too. I'd put the "LV" monogram on the road alt since it's such a great logo. 

On 6/14/2017 at 7:38 AM, coco1997 said:

The new font for the Steers is the best yet. Definitely the most "baseball-y." The only other thing I can think to suggest is to make the "O" logo on the jersey and caps make the "O" from that font. Other than that, perfect!

The Iron Pigs look great, too. I'd put the "LV" monogram on the road alt since it's such a great logo. 

Both changes have been made.

On 6/14/2017 at 7:50 AM, Flames1fan said:

Because its know for the wildlife in that province, be great name for a team, could i please see this team done the Alberta Wild done 

Here they are, the Alberta Wild.  The team's logo is a deer with an antler font, and team colors match those of the parent club Twins.  The team also is scheduled to on occasion become the Alberta Donairs, since temporary food-based names are so popular in Minor League Baseball now.  The deer used in the logo is from Vecteezy, and to be credited to wilsonglass.

WildCollage.png.c046cbc0356bad00e9aa473b4f0ccfe5.png

6 hours ago, BradyIvie said:

Both changes have been made.

Here they are, the Alberta Wild.  The team's logo is a deer with an antler font, and team colors match those of the parent club Twins.  The team also is scheduled to on occasion become the Alberta Donairs, since temporary food-based names are so popular in Minor League Baseball now.

WildLogo.thumb.png.e2be4a63725ffccebe57f250f51cb230.pngWildHome.thumb.png.7c87da91aea8132b4f0dd98bf8b9ed3e.pngWildRoad.thumb.png.8850376cca1f6b6d95fb606a3ac4dc8c.pngWildRed.thumb.png.ba2391cd0707a397d6ebdaf4aa854cf8.pngWildBlue.thumb.png.455326d0e096f20e401426a7181a97c5.pngWildDonairs.thumb.png.c885cb4622322e581f7255123fe213b4.png

This is honestly my favorite thread ti follow. That looks awesome! That AW logo is beyond cool! Really well done concept that captures the parent club and the feel of Canada. This might be too late to ask, but could you put an MiLB team in Duluth or the Dakotas?

S8eR5Rf.png

Q2XFfoc.jpg

1 hour ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

This is honestly my favorite thread ti follow. That looks awesome! That AW logo is beyond cool! Really well done concept that captures the parent club and the feel of Canada. This might be too late to ask, but could you put an MiLB team in Duluth or the Dakotas?

How about resurrecting the old Duluth Eskimos of the 1920s NFL as a MiLB team? I know it's probably not a popular name, and it's certainly not geographically accurate, but I've always thought that name had a nice ring to it.

Archived