MLB Concepts (MLB Complete, MiLB Chihuahuas 7/30)

BradyIvie

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/25/2017 at 10:21 AM, davidrpaige said:

I think for me, the yellow socks clash with the uniforms when the hat and undershirt are brown.  The socks look like a separate element from the rest of the design.

Looking back, I very much agree, so I've gone ahead and changed the socks to brown on all uniforms instead of just the all-mustard.

Now, without further ado (and delay caused by a new job), here is my concept for the Detroit Tigers.  I've gone very risky on them and sublimated tiger stripes onto the jersey and pants.  Other changes include making the Old English "D" the same on both the cap and home uniform, a new roundel sleeve patch on all uniforms of the tiger head secondary logo, the road uniform now features the font from the '68 and '85 World Series championships, changing the cap logo to orange with a white outline, and adding in new alternates.  Let me know what you think!

TigersCollage.png

That's out there...very cool concept. Not sure that piping on the home works in addition to the placket (I think it's one or the other). I wonder what it would look like if you had the subliminal tiger stripes on the numbers instead...and maybe these stirrups: 

IMG_7029.JPG

1 hour ago, Paul Lucas said:

That's out there...very cool concept. Not sure that piping on the home works in addition to the placket (I think it's one or the other). I wonder what it would look like if you had the subliminal tiger stripes on the numbers instead...and maybe these stirrups: 

Very good point on the placket and piping (although I only took it off the collar and left it on the sleeves).  I also moved the sublimated stripes to the logo and wordmarks, as well as adding in the socks.

2 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Any chance we could see the White Sox next?

White Sox coming up!

Here come the White Sox!  I still have another uniform coming for them, but I had these done before heading into work for today and wanted to get them out there.  The current uniforms have a very classic look to them, but I  decided that I'd bring back the old colors.  A navy version is added in as well, and because the team is named the White Sox, I decided that they should actually WEAR white socks, so they have red stirrups with white sannies.

SoxCollage.png.b982c8ae55cd238d03f27e158db4dec7.png

The Sox look good on their own terms, but I agree that the color scheme is too similar to the Indians and Twins, both of whom are also in the AL Central. 

If you want to retain one of those colors, I'd recommend the red--that way you could create something that recalls their '59 look

7 hours ago, MEANS said:

Not really feeling the switch to red/navy/white, there's already 2 teams in the AL Central with those colors plus the Cubs aren't too far off from this color scheme. Keep the Black/Silver.

2 hours ago, coco1997 said:

The Sox look good on their own terms, but I agree that the color scheme is too similar to the Indians and Twins, both of whom are also in the AL Central. 

If you want to retain one of those colors, I'd recommend the red--that way you could create something that recalls their '59 look

I agree with both your points, so I've updated the White Sox concept to return the black and silver.  I was going to add in an '82-'86 throwback, but I decided to instead update the colors.

2 minutes ago, BradyIvie said:

I agree with both your points, so I've updated the White Sox concept to return the black and silver.  I was going to add in an '82-'86 throwback, but I decided to instead update the colors.

The updated Sox aren't showing for some reason. 

EDIT: Now they're working. I really like the '80s throwback in modern day colors!

Love the Sox unis. Just like to take a moment to clear up one little peeve of mine (probably since my dad makes the same annoying mistake).

White sanitaries under black stirrups don't count as having white socks. Every team (except for the A's, Padres, and Brewers) wore white sanitaries including the Reds and Red Sox. The sanitary sock doesn't count towards the nickname of White Sox. The sock color that defines the Sox part of the name is the stirrup portion. Its why the Sox wore white 'rups in the '59 series and then again from 69-70. 

3 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Love the Sox unis. Just like to take a moment to clear up one little peeve of mine (probably my dad makes the same annoying mistake).

White sanitaries under black stirrups don't count as having white socks. Every team (except for the A's, Padres, and Brewers) wore white sanitaries including the Reds and Red Sox. The sanitary sock doesn't count towards the nickname of White Sox. The sock color that defines the Sox part of the name is the stirrup portion. Its why the Sox wore white 'rups in the '59 series and then again from 69-70. 

Now that you bring that up, I do recall that from somewhere (not entirely sure where, possibly Uni Watch).

As requested, here are the defending champion Chicago Cubs.  For this concept, very little changes.  The "Chicago" uniform is the primary road uniform, while the blue top would be available both at home and on the road.  When wearing blue at home, the team would wear solid-white pants with no pinstripes.  When the team is at home, the "W" has been added to the pants.

CubsCollage.png.234621193a134d09c72e87f57e0cc130.png

I've been dabbling with the Dodgers on how I wanted to do their concept.  The home and road uniforms are almost exactly the same, a blue version is added in to be worn anywhere, and an alternate road uniform with "Los Angeles" across the chest also joins the mix.  The team also adds in a fauxback satin uniform with powder blue for this concept.

DodgersCollage.thumb.png.80b5e9d9866390ec9d8e62b71f29e4df.png

Love the satin fauxback. As far as the road jersey goes, it seems a lot of Dodger fans find the "Dodgers" road jersey extraneous, and they're correct--Visually they're exactly the same except for the wordmark. I would pick one or the other to simplify things.

Already through 1/3 of the league--Keep up the awesome work!

Archived