Sporting Kansas City Uniform Concept

Scheuer

title.png.36c106acb63c4a43747f07f784f537ef.png

Ever since Sporting KC came into MLS, they've had easily the best uniforms in the league. They had clean home and away looks that incorporated elements of their crest, and alternates that were always on point with the Sporting Argyle. Ever since they introduced the icy white alternate uniform, easily one of the best in MLS history, the league started cutting back on alternate kits. This year, the league did away with them completely. In general, I think Adidas has been a little too stripped back with uniforms, especially KC's. Sure they look sharp, but every team can gear up in pinstripes. With this concept, I wanted to get KC back to its roots with something that draws from the team's unique identity. I wanted to draw from the crest, and also figure out some way to incorporate the argyle. Here is what I came up with.

home.png.4164519f11c24fd2e6b2dbb7fcaa5e27.pngaway.png.d50d8b9d57efd5b8ac6f41ea2475e334.png

For the primary, I went with the classic powder blue and navy look. The jersey features a navy striping design on half of the kit, similar to what Dortmund did a few years ago. The striping mimics the striping pattern on the club crest. The rest of the uniform is pretty orthodox, with the only other detail being the powder and dark powder striping on the socks.

For the secondary, I was thinking of doing a navy uniform, but elected to bring back the all-black look instead. For the kit I decided to use a midnight blue and silver for the trim. For the jersey, I decided to bring my take to the Argyle motif, with a sublimated midnight blue argyle pattern across the chest. The same midnight blue appears on the bottom of the shorts as trim. The same sock pattern is on the alternate kit, instead in charcoal and black.

Let me know what you think of the concept! All C&C is much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

As an SKC fan, I really like what you've done here. I know many fans loved the half and half home kit from 13-14, mainly because it used an element from our crest. The state line color split really works well for our brand as the team firmly represents both KS and MO. 

My only issue is the amount of navy and black used. Using an excessive amount of dark colors has caused problems for us in the past and all but required that white alternate you mentioned. 

Archived