CPL - Canadian Premier League - Revisited

TheHydroPole

CPLiNTRO.thumb.png.edade13e5419a20622c37dc883c961ba.png

Here is my unsolicited design for the rumored Canadian Premier League. I will be doing a six league team (Edmonton, Calgary, Winnipeg, Hamilton, Ottawa and Halifax). I've done a similar project before but this is my revisit.

Here is the first team, Hamilton Club:

HamiltonClubNewPresentation.thumb.png.89268e256cd09ea23d744cefac7a53d6.png

1 hour ago, MiK said:

That CPL logo is really terrific. Would make a great Canada National Team crest too.

Really clean look for Hamilton. Any reason for the color choice? 

Thanks! I agree it could definitely make a CMNT crest as well.

It is being said that the CPL will be supported and teams are going to be owned by CFL teams. Hamilton is similar to Pittsburgh in the sense that they use a common colour scheme through out their pro sports teams. That's where I got the black and yellow (Hamilton Bulldogs, Hamilton Ti-Cats, etc). 

44 minutes ago, Zeus89725 said:

Incredible logos, kits, and presentation. The ball in the first picture is really well done.

Any link for that kit template?

Thank you! Thought it was pretty cool to design a ball for once, really like the way it turned out. As much fun as I have creating kits and crests, it's fun to do something new like that haha.

As for the template, I actually paid for it, but it's worth every penny. 

https://yellowimages.com/stock/football-kit-with-v-neck-long-sleeve-mockup-front-view/

There are variants on the collar and sleeve length, but you have to purchase each one. I got the ball template from there as well. 

I'm quite a fan of Hamilton, although I think in order to invoke the whole Hamilton Tigers asthetic, the home should be black and yellow stripes and the away should be white and tonal striped. And the black triangle on Calgary's away looks kinda odd

That's what- She

4 hours ago, mamiller99 said:

I'm quite a fan of Hamilton, although I think in order to invoke the whole Hamilton Tigers asthetic, the home should be black and yellow stripes and the away should be white and tonal striped. And the black triangle on Calgary's away looks kinda odd

Thing is I'm designing the Hamilton Club, and not an exact replica of the Ti-Cats.

i figured for Calgary that it'd be cool to try something new and completely unconventional. If it is odd, then I am okay with it

Can I get feedback on the names as well? Here is what I have in mind:

Edmonton ______ (haven't come up with anything yet, suggestions would be awesome)

Calgary SC (Nicknamed the Owls)

Winnipeg Wanderers

Hamilton Club

Ottawa Silver Elevens (play off the old hockey team The Silver Sevens)

Halifax Castaways

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately I don't have any ideas for the Edmonton franchise, however, these first two concepts are great with a nice and clean presentation. I especially like the Owls crest!

Can't wait to see the rest.

iGLssSH.png

Here is the Winnipeg Eleven, or WXI for short. Went for a simple crest with two elements that represent Winnipeg. First, the Upper Fort Garry Gate plays into the shape of the crest with its remparts creating the top part of the crest. Next, we have the Manitoba Golden Boy creating the main element of the crest. The blue is similar to the colour used by the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

WinnipegElevenPresentation.thumb.png.435a8f2aa5e551efedd1b2dcb4941b5c.png

Little dissapointed on the amount of feedback I've been getting on this series. Thanks to all of those who have given me feedback though, it makes me want to keep going. 

Here is Halifax Castaways FC. For this entire series I wanted to created timeless crests that look like the clubs are older than they actually are. I think I nailed that with Hamilton Club and hope to get a similar effect for Halifax. Hoops were used because hoops are the best. 

HalifaxCastawaysFCPresentation.thumb.png.cfb39b3f175e7d877002039c30e91548.png

On 5/4/2017 at 4:52 PM, Prince Harry said:

Edmonton Rabbits might work. It could be based off the Rally Rabbit, an unofficial mascot/motif from the FC Edmonton supporters.

Since FC Edmonton will remain a seperate team, I'd like to avoid all ties to that team.

I'm currently working on Edmonton, should be posted tonight

Here is my concept for Ottawa Rivermen. Now, before you come out and yell at me asking why I didn't go with a Red, Black and White colour scheme, I am going to say that I wanted to make a blue and off white jersey for this series. It kind of gives an oldschool hockey feel, and Ottawa has a long hockey history. Simple name with Rivermen, but fits Ottawa as the Outaouais River runs through it. Didn't have a single roundel crest yet, so forced myself to put the monogram into a roundel. Would love feedback! Likes are appreciated but comments are encouraged! One more team to go!

OttawaRivermenPresentation.thumb.png.a3662e90b3e2899441a69abfad2eed70.png

Simply beautiful. Me, I'm preferable to roundels in general, keeping with traditional soccer logos stylistically. 

That Hamilton one is a beaut and imo what the Columbus Crew should look like.

I think the choice for Halifax Castaways is visually stunning but the choice for just a C for castaways seems far-fetched and confusing IMO since it has no reference to Halifax. Again it's your concept and your choice but for the actual CPL, it just doesn't make sense to me. That said, I dig those hoops hard. 

Great CPL concepts.

Archived