What if the Memphis Grizzlies were in the ABA?

Funkatron101

It's brilliant. Totally could see this on the ABA page along with all of the other wonderfully 70's logos. :P the one thing I would change is to connect the underbelly shadow to help with perspective.

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

4 minutes ago, Bruins said:

It's brilliant. Totally could see this on the ABA page along with all of the other wonderfully 70's logos. :P the one thing I would change is to connect the underbelly shadow to help with perspective.

It was attempted, but it messed up the look of the M too much. Honestly it was a tossup as to whether or not to add that shading, but it helps tie in the other leg/T, so I kept it. Plus the lack of established perspective feels fitting for the time.

39 minutes ago, JMtexan09 said:

This is genius! How about Vancouver Grizzlies colors??? 

Always wanted to see a Canadian team in ABA!

There are a few challenges with doing this. I have to add more than two colors to really give it the Vancouver feel, which makes it a bit disjointed. Also, the "M" and "T" get a bit lost in translation if I rename the city to Vancouver. I suppose we could consider this year one of the Memphis Grizzlies. The results ain't pretty. lol.

It definitely looks better with the two-toned blue!

grizz-70s-vancouver.png

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived