Tennessee Pioneers

mtcantwe

This is my second logo I attempted for NBA 2k17, the Tennessee Pioneers.  They'd be in Nashville, but for some reason I thought it'd be better with Tennessee as the name.  It was the second time I used red, white, and blue for the colors.  But it seemed to work well with the team.  

TennessewithFont.png

TennesseePioneers.png

TennesseeFlag.png

TennesseeBasketball.png

That's good advice.  I choose a Western Font, but I get you saying it's not Western enough.   I thought it was wanted poster-esq.  When you say the font movement. You're 100% right, everything is moving forward and the font should be the same.  Is it as simple as italicizing the font?  Maybe leaning it forward?  Or do you have another suggestion?  I'd appreciate any advice you could give.  

Coco1997. I was only going to post one more basketball logo. Should I post that one separate? And is creating a thread in the same place. I only ask, because I'm new to this and I get there's already an existing etiquette and I'd like to get on board with that.

25 minutes ago, mtcantwe said:

That's good advice.  I choose a Western Font, but I get you saying it's not Western enough.   I thought it was wanted poster-esq.  When you say the font movement. You're 100% right, everything is moving forward and the font should be the same.  Is it as simple as italicizing the font?  Maybe leaning it forward?  Or do you have another suggestion?  I'd appreciate any advice you could give.  

I'd look for a new font because italics usually slants to the right rather than the left.  Getting it to lean to the left will be the best bet. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, Go Red Sox! said:

And another stolen Behance logo. This is your second one within a couple of hours. Why?

7fc4acc8795020f05b7c6392250c306e.jpg

Both these concepts also seem to me that the ball in the logo is much more crisp looking (not as blurred in the lines) than the rest of the picture, leading me to wonder where the rest of the image came from.

I'm trying to take this post down. So I can correct it. But I don't see how.

And Dan O' Mac, when I made this it was photoshop, because I knew that better than illustrator. I made the basketball in a separate file. As large as possible, so I could shrink it to any size.  Then the rest I drew as shapes, at their current size. That's why the ball looks clearer than the rest. 

• Atomic locked this topic

Archived