Brewers new uniform

WissX

42 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

Yes, I quoted myself.

Here are a couple of better looking shots of the old logo.  I guess the M did have a white outline back in the day.  I think it would look better without the outline.

BrewersJacket.jpg

I absolutely love that script.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That script was retained in the next set, even if a tail was added (perhaps unnecessarily).

Related image

Even if we take off points for the tail, the fact that it's a button-down like a big-boy shirt and that it's grey instead of powder blue makes this the team's ultimate road set for me.

Here's Willie Randolph looking cool in that set in 1991, the year he nearly won the batting title.

Image result for randolph brewers

Though I will say that the blue-yellow-blue pants stripe on the previous version was better than this yellow-blue stripe.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

1 minute ago, jmac11281 said:

Ah, the Brewers as an American League team! Those were the days!

Right!  If they have to have an odd number of teams in each league (which they don't), they should just switch Milwaukee and Houston back to their correct leagues.  

Even better would be to make that switch and then throw Tampa Bay (the least significant of the crap latter-day expansion teams) to the National League so as to minimise or even eliminate interleague play.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

21 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Right!  If they have to have an odd number of teams in each league (which they don't), they should just switch Milwaukee and Houston back to their correct leagues.  

Even better would be to make that switch and then throw Tampa Bay (the least significant of the crap latter-day expansion teams) to the National League so as to minimise or even eliminate interleague play.

Tampa will end up in Montreal anyway. So moving them to the National League makes sense.

57 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

I was just thinking I cannot believe next year will be the 20th anniversary of the Brewers move to the NL.

28 seasons as an AL team (1970-1997) and in 2026 will begin their 29th NL season.  Still strange to me still since I was a Brewers fan when I was young when they were a good AL team.

Milwaukee won't want to switch back since IMO the Cubs fans travel better to Milwaukee than White Sox fans did.  Don't want to lose that revenue.

Plus remember they got rid of the 16 team NL and 14 team AL since the players union complained about the NL Central having 6 teams while the AL West had only 4.  Thus Houston moved to the AL West (new owner got a nice discount when buying the team) and with 15 and 15 having IL play throughout the season was born. 

Of course Milwaukee moved to the NL in the first place (after KC passed) so they could avoid having IL throughout the season.

4 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

But for the sake of this discussion, I'll even concede your point.  So?  There is absolutely no indication that Seattle's going back to it.  Does that make off limits for everyone?  It's not exactly a unique color scheme (though, it is sadly becoming rare given trends toward darker colors and away from basic two-color schemes).  

Again my point isn't that royal/yellow is off limits to anyone, rather that navy/gold was originated for the Brewers by the Brewers, while royal/yellow was originated by the Pilots for Pilots and then adapted for the Brewers.  

5 hours ago, leopard88 said:

Yes, I quoted myself.

Here are a couple of better looking shots of the old logo.  I guess the M did have a white outline back in the day.  I think it would look better without the outline.

BrewersJacket.jpg35662_01_lg.jpg

Yes, the M always had a white outline on that patch.  But the top jacket, FYI, is a contemporary custom job.

4 hours ago, jmac11281 said:

After all these years, that Milwaukee script (maybe not on the powder blue pullover but on a regular gray away jersey) is how I see them.

Like this?  I loved this look.

1987_Yount.jpg

I'm a huge fan of double-blue as a color scheme, but I think the gray sets off the Brewers' royal-and-gold color scheme better than powder blue.

4 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Like this?  I loved this look.

1987_Yount.jpg

I'm a huge fan of double-blue as a color scheme, but I think the gray sets off the Brewers' royal-and-gold color scheme better than powder blue.

That one or the button one. I agree with you 100%.

I like the old uniforms but not the green ones when county stadium was in its last years. But the main reason I see the brewers in this new "era" of logos is due to miller park being made.

WSna22D.gif

YKBcuDz.png
I am the guy who loves Wisconsin

Archived