UNI Panthers Redesign Concept

Jake Manternach Creative

I like it, I'm just not sure on the colors. It's too similar to the Pitt Panthers with the gold and the purple reminds me of the navy. Maybe lighten up the gold a little?

The logos themselves are great. Solid job. 

19 minutes ago, ~Bear said:

I like it, I'm just not sure on the colors. It's too similar to the Pitt Panthers with the gold and the purple reminds me of the navy. Maybe lighten up the gold a little?

I'd argue that the colors are too close to James Madison and Western Carolina.

gYH2mW9.png

I like the logo, although there appears to be a weird twist in the nose and jaw (as if the jaw is twisting towards the viewer).  

Technical tip...the helmet decal should be angled up, at the same angle as the vertical bars on the facemask.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

17 hours ago, GeauxColonels said:

I'd argue that the colors are too close to James Madison and Western Carolina.

You could argue their current colors are too close to Albany, Tennessee Tech, and Western Illinois, the last of whom plays in the same football conference as UNI.  The metallic gold also has some historical precedent at the school. 

31 minutes ago, scottyeagle said:

You could argue their current colors are too close to Albany, Tennessee Tech, and Western Illinois, the last of whom plays in the same football conference as UNI.  The metallic gold also has some historical precedent at the school. 

Absolutely, I was just pointing out that it makes more sense to say they resemble those peer schools with actual purple/gold color-schemes over a school like Pitt.

Personally, I rarely like when teams/schools switch to darker shades of colors. I like the bright yellows, kelly greens and royal blues in sports.

gYH2mW9.png

I think it may look better without the thick purple whiskers. See what it looks like without whiskers. If you want to keep the whiskers, I suggest making them a little more anatomically correct. Their origin location is currently the corner of the mouth, when they should originate on side of the muzzle. Otherwise, I really like the look.

Look at the Penn State whiskers location:

penn-state-logo-sport-logonoid-com-1WL1Y

Firstly, "eligant" is misspelled. It should be "elegant."

Secondly, I agree with the location of the origin point of the whiskers. Right now, it looks like the mouth has a weird crack at the top.

Lastly, the throwback needs fixing. The upper left of the N collides with the I. I know that's the logo as it stands, but you could update it, either by widening the N or lengthening the I, or possibly even both.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

Thank you all for the kind words and the feedback.

-I agree about the throwback logo, I just didn't know that it was common for teams to update their old logos.

-Definitely will be updating the description parts, there's plenty of typos and grammatical errors.

-The biggest reasons for the color changes were 1. To separate from the yellow used by Iowa and Iowa State. 2. That's the school's original school colors. However, you guys might be on to something by changing the gold slightly more yellow.

-The whiskers were the hardest part for me when designing this. I'll see what I can do to change them up. 

Again, thank you all for the feedback. In the future, I plan to expand the redesign proposal to include uniform concepts and possibly include secondary logos.

Absolutely love the colors and panther head logo.  My only dislike is the wordmark font.  I think it would go over in the 90s or early 00s but not now.  It's a little too Star Trek: TNG for me.

mainescarf.png

Archived