Utilis

Redesigning the NBC Peacock

I like the current peacock logo (introduced in 1986) because it's fairly simple and a pretty strong brand identity. However, the one I really like was used in conjunction with their "Proud N" logo:

306px-1979_NBC_logo.svg.png

I think they had a variant without the background N. I can see why they replaced it: it probably has too many colors and even on its own, is probably a bit too busy (the "N" doesn't help, either). And it's facing left, which is understood to be looking back, rather than looking forward.

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 7:28 PM, Quillz said:

I like the current peacock logo (introduced in 1986) because it's fairly simple and a pretty strong brand identity. However, the one I really like was used in conjunction with their "Proud N" logo:

306px-1979_NBC_logo.svg.png

I think they had a variant without the background N. I can see why they replaced it: it probably has too many colors and even on its own, is probably a bit too busy (the "N" doesn't help, either). And it's facing left, which is understood to be looking back, rather than looking forward.

They did have a variant without the "Proud N" during their "Proud as a Peacock" phase in the late 70s/early 80s..

hqdefault.jpg

On 4/26/2017 at 9:11 PM, Utilis said:

I actually had a seven-feathered version drafted:

8xAvqZO.png

It's from an earlier round of revisions. I put it aside because I didn't think it shrank as well as the five-feathered version.

That one looks pretty good. A nice touchup of the one from the early Eighties...

il_570xN.1049123352_hwck.jpg

This thread has given me a renewed appreciation for how well-designed NBC's current logo is.

4 hours ago, rcb05 said:

This thread has given me a renewed appreciation for how well-designed NBC's current logo is.

Same. Seeing the older logos, I didn't like the current one as much, but now I recognize it's a good example of less is more.