NIKE x NBA

STL_ArchMadness

1 minute ago, STL_ArchMadness said:

Thank you all for the support! Been working hard on the remaining teams but thought I'd share this.

I'm happy that you all love the Spurs concept but for some reason I couldn't stop feeling like the jersey was unbalanced, particularly on the upper chest area so I added some detail to help fix that. Here is the first update of the series for the Spurs! Added a silhouette of the famous Alamo to really tie the concept together. 

5921ce0e77ad1_spurs2.thumb.png.1b1d929d9ca92c0409da816a03fc8388.png

Coming tomorrow are the Magic, Grizzlies, and Trailblazers! 

WOW! Let me tell you, the Alamo just ices this cake for me. Beautiful work!

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/16/2017 at 5:18 PM, STL_ArchMadness said:

Ok well for the next 3 concepts, here we go

Up first are the Pacers! Went with the brighter colorway with the retro look as well. 

pacers.thumb.png.0f723636f412abae9c0d8ffa1454ae36.png

Next we have the Bulls! Went with the script that they wore during Jordan's rookie year just because I've always loved it. Modernized the shorts design and added the 4 stars seen on the Chicago city flag. 

bulls.thumb.png.4bd6fc06413767a26aaa3c7fd04c98fd.png

And lastly, we have the Thunder! This is a concept that I know will be unpopular, but I really don't mind. Currently I hate the Thunder's uniforms, they are so boring and don't utilize their great color scheme at all. I took the palette from their OKC logo and used those awesome colors and tried my best to make a unique and indistinguishable uniform set that the Thunder could finally call their own. Also because I know they will be unpopular and questioned, I made a mockup of Westbrook wearing them in a real game situation to hopefully turn around some opinions. 

1a. 591b6c72c7e15_thunder1.thumb.png.2e9a86317041a4520efc9cc1b0d97add.png

1b.591b6c96b8a2a_thunderreal2.thumb.png.723dba0472ce693b1a43aa4b2c2009c8.png

2a. 591b6c7c3fbdd_thunder2.thumb.png.fe605711973d941587763b449b146103.png

2b. 591b6c8911473_thunderreal1.thumb.png.8bdb86fdfb51534a2b67915b75876d28.png 

Pacers: Awesome. Better than the Miller-Smits years, and I liked those.

Bulls: I don't think they need any changes IRL, but if they were to make a change this is the way to go. Love the script and the updated diamond on the shorts.

Thunder: I agree they underutilize their color scheme. With their name they should probably have different colors altogether, but I LOVE the crazy look you gave them. Can I see a home set too?

Up next the three we have are...

First up, the Magic! Gave them a completely new wordmark on the front of the jersey, and crafted up a new logo for them on the shorts. Went with the sublimated stars on the white jersey like they've had in the past but scrapped the black for a cleaner blue/silver/white look. 

magic.thumb.png.6f59404cee2ec61751d5b0922be6d36c.png

Next are the Kings! Honestly this isn't a very creative concept, I'll admit that. But I've never once liked the Kings uniforms, and never understood their color scheme in regards to their name. I scrapped the black and updated the silver to a more tealish/sword color. Gave them a new wordmark and simplified the jersey base. 

592377c86479a_kings2.thumb.png.b26fd33480380cc021e4ccee61d4633d.png

And lastly, the Grizzlies! Brought back the old Vancouver script and removed the unnecessary yellow from the color scheme and tried my best to emphasize the beautiful shades of blue that they currently have. 

grizlies.thumb.png.f253b33a55a15f747d0d48c86a9382d2.png

That Magic jersey is one of the best I've seen. Yeah it could be interpenetrated as kind of plain, but I think it's one of your best yet. And the new script is 10x better than what they have now or ever have. You said the Kings wasn't very creative, but I think it is creative. It's a classic jersey for a classic team and the crown on the shorts is a great touch.

Pacers - These are wonderfully simple and I really like that shade of blue for them. The shorts striping feels a bit mismatched with the jersey, though that can be a difficult design with which to match anything.

Bulls - The script is awesome, but the rest of the uniform feels like trying to fixing something that isn't broken and breaking it in the process.

Thunder - I love these! I think I prefer the version sans-white, but ultimately the best balance there might come from adding white only in the form of a stroke around the wordmark and numbers. Awesome concept -- I really admire your creativity here.

Clippers - This would be such a huge improvement over their current mess. Very well done!

Cavaliers - I like the simplification of the striping pattern, though I'm not enthralled with the sword graphics. Also, I think these could afford to include the same striping pattern along the bottoms of the shorts for the sake of continuity.

Spurs - EXCELLENT!

Magic - Almost everything about these is perfect! The simplicity, the wordmark imagery, the sublimated stars, the shorts logo....all terrific. Only minor nitpick would be to continue the striping pattern to the bottoms of these shorts as well.

Kings - I'm not thrilled with the script font for the wordmark, and I think a third color for accenting and contrast purposes may be beneficial, but the shorts are very well done.

Grizzlies - They're a difficult team to work with, at least from my own personal experiences, but this is a very strong concept. 

Incredible work! Can't wait to see what's in store for the next three!

On 5/23/2017 at 7:51 AM, STL_ArchMadness said:

Up next the three we have are...

First up, the Magic! Gave them a completely new wordmark on the front of the jersey, and crafted up a new logo for them on the shorts. Went with the sublimated stars on the white jersey like they've had in the past but scrapped the black for a cleaner blue/silver/white look. 

magic.thumb.png.6f59404cee2ec61751d5b0922be6d36c.png

Next are the Kings! Honestly this isn't a very creative concept, I'll admit that. But I've never once liked the Kings uniforms, and never understood their color scheme in regards to their name. I scrapped the black and updated the silver to a more tealish/sword color. Gave them a new wordmark and simplified the jersey base. 

592377c86479a_kings2.thumb.png.b26fd33480380cc021e4ccee61d4633d.png

And lastly, the Grizzlies! Brought back the old Vancouver script and removed the unnecessary yellow from the color scheme and tried my best to emphasize the beautiful shades of blue that they currently have. 

grizlies.thumb.png.f253b33a55a15f747d0d48c86a9382d2.png

Shut up and take my money!!! Script is all good but i guess adding some black/white/ will be much better.

Decided that after I post and update all 30 teams. I am going to add some expansion teams, am thinking the following cities:

- Seattle

- St. Louis

- Kansas City 

- Louisville or Lexington 

those were just off the top of my head so I would love some suggestions if anybody else thinks there's some more deserving cities 

I wonder how it would look if you switched the wordmark fonts for the Magic and the Kings? 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

10 hours ago, STL_ArchMadness said:

Decided that after I post and update all 30 teams. I am going to add some expansion teams, am thinking the following cities:

- Seattle

- St. Louis

- Kansas City 

- Louisville or Lexington 

those were just off the top of my head so I would love some suggestions if anybody else thinks there's some more deserving cities 

Is St. Louis or Kansas City better for Missouri? I don't think it should be both. St. Louis has the Blues and the Cards while KC has the Chiefs and the Royals...

How about also adding Las Vegas? A city in Virginia or West Virginia? Honolulu or Maui? Vancouver? 

As a former Missourian, I say Kansas City makes more sense than St. Louis.

Las Vegas makes a lot of sense. If you're doing a city in Virginia, Norfolk or Virginia Beach make the most sense.

rATMcmK.png

Ok well before I go further into the expansion teams, here are 3 more concepts. I'm gonna be honest and say as I'm running out of teams, it is clear that I saved teams for last that I didn't have a lot of inspiration for. I'll be the first to admit that the rest of these teams may not be as great as I would like them to be but hopefully after coming back and updating/revising the rest of the league I can improve these. 

First up, the Hawks! Went with an updated version of their classic uni from the 90's while using their even older color scheme. With the top of the uniform being the way it was, I honestly had a lot trouble with the shorts design. Not completely sold on this design but I grabbed inspiration from the shorts design from this original uniform. 

592b85c2dc393_hawks2.thumb.png.079d89db90542720ffc347a5fdfbfef3.png

Next is the Mavericks! This is another team that I was pretty lost on. First I decided to update the blue color scheme and add a teal/mint green color similar to what they have used in the past. The rest of the design is pretty much just freelance creativity for a team that I thought have never really had a good set of uniforms. 

592b85dfd596b_mavs1.thumb.png.69f5c608bd07850c55e24fecb5cd1df5.png

Last is the Jazz! I knew where I wanted to go with the Jazz, but I'm still not entirely sure how to execute it. I definitely wanted to involve the mountains in the design but it became clear to me that this may be hard without making a cluttered jersey. 

jazz.thumb.png.6482484fcc99ad773f2a8e95a98bfca1.png

So as usual, but even more so on this set, I would love an appreciate all the criticisms and ideas I can get for these!

6 minutes ago, STL_ArchMadness said:

Next is the Mavericks! This is another team that I was pretty lost on. First I decided to update the blue color scheme and add a teal/mint green color similar to what they have used in the past. The rest of the design is pretty much just freelance creativity for a team that I thought have never really had a good set of uniforms. 

592b85dfd596b_mavs1.thumb.png.69f5c608bd07850c55e24fecb5cd1df5.png

I'm surprised that I actually love this. I know many people won't agree with me tho.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Philippians 4:13

Archived