NIKE x NBA

STL_ArchMadness

10 hours ago, STL_ArchMadness said:

Ok well before I go further into the expansion teams, here are 3 more concepts. I'm gonna be honest and say as I'm running out of teams, it is clear that I saved teams for last that I didn't have a lot of inspiration for. I'll be the first to admit that the rest of these teams may not be as great as I would like them to be but hopefully after coming back and updating/revising the rest of the league I can improve these. 

First up, the Hawks! Went with an updated version of their classic uni from the 90's while using their even older color scheme. With the top of the uniform being the way it was, I honestly had a lot trouble with the shorts design. Not completely sold on this design but I grabbed inspiration from the shorts design from this original uniform. 

592b85c2dc393_hawks2.thumb.png.079d89db90542720ffc347a5fdfbfef3.png

Next is the Mavericks! This is another team that I was pretty lost on. First I decided to update the blue color scheme and add a teal/mint green color similar to what they have used in the past. The rest of the design is pretty much just freelance creativity for a team that I thought have never really had a good set of uniforms. 

592b85dfd596b_mavs1.thumb.png.69f5c608bd07850c55e24fecb5cd1df5.png

Last is the Jazz! I knew where I wanted to go with the Jazz, but I'm still not entirely sure how to execute it. I definitely wanted to involve the mountains in the design but it became clear to me that this may be hard without making a cluttered jersey. 

jazz.thumb.png.6482484fcc99ad773f2a8e95a98bfca1.png

So as usual, but even more so on this set, I would love an appreciate all the criticisms and ideas I can get for these!

The Hawks look great - much better to me than the vast majority of concepts I see created for them (not to mention what they currently wear). Mavs - different. Not awful, not great. More creative than what they wear now. I might like it more if it used Kelly green rather than teal. Jazz - awesome design and I like the emphasis on the green, but what if you changed navy to purple? "Purple mountains' majesty" and all that.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really appreciate all the responses on the last post, it makes it a lot more fun to post these concepts when I get so much feedback on them! 

Still finishing up some teams, but while I was working on the Wizards, I found a design that I like but couldn't for the life of me decide on a final version. So I am posting the 12 variations that I came up with for them and was hoping that you guys could pick your favorite variation and help me decide on the final design. 

It's a little blurry but if you click on it you can see all the designs more clearly

592df6b9a05a9_wizco.thumb.jpg.cde3b632edb6c65fd8ff312564167a77.jpg

Thank you all for the input! Three more concepts coming up!

First up the Trailblazers! Went with the simplified, classic look for the team with a more modernized font. 

blazers.thumb.png.14815fa72968fda6dc1fd937d8455295.png

Next is the Celtics! An incredibly classic uniform that didn't need any changes.Updated their shade of green and the only other moved I made was adding the clovers to the shorts to give them a little more zest. 

celtics.thumb.png.d014e80f01184dfcb9515c7796cfe99a.png

Lastly, the Wizards! Went with the #10 ten design as I felt too that this was the greatest balance of colors overall as well. This design takes inspiration from the 2014 World Cup USA uniforms, while using a nice modern font, combining the great colorway the team has with their unique uniform history. 

592f6b352414c_wizards1.thumb.png.5fa7fc8b3678c7c9ee396bcbc8132fc2.png

2 hours ago, STL_ArchMadness said:

Thank you all for the input! Three more concepts coming up!

First up the Trailblazers! Went with the simplified, classic look for the team with a more modernized font. 

blazers.thumb.png.14815fa72968fda6dc1fd937d8455295.png

Next is the Celtics! An incredibly classic uniform that didn't need any changes.Updated their shade of green and the only other moved I made was adding the clovers to the shorts to give them a little more zest. 

celtics.thumb.png.d014e80f01184dfcb9515c7796cfe99a.png

Lastly, the Wizards! Went with the #10 ten design as I felt too that this was the greatest balance of colors overall as well. This design takes inspiration from the 2014 World Cup USA uniforms, while using a nice modern font, combining the great colorway the team has with their unique uniform history. 

592f6b352414c_wizards1.thumb.png.5fa7fc8b3678c7c9ee396bcbc8132fc2.png

Beautiful.

a2BRS8U.png

1 hour ago, sayahh said:

Why not try blue numbers in front like this?

This looks pretty good but I try to stay away from number outlines wherever I can. In some cases they look good, but in other cases I feel like they muddy the uniform. This is a good example of it working well but I only added the white outline to the back number to separate it from the stripes, otherwise it would have been mono colored as well. 

53 minutes ago, STL_ArchMadness said:

Ok we're back after a short break. Got 3 more concepts for you guys!

Up first the Lakers!

lakers.thumb.png.fe11150fb809fbe5956a2abe1f9d74ae.png

Next are the Hornets! 

594099ac2b249_hornets3.thumb.png.8cdfacf59acc92ff4f40e88d241af130.png

And last but not least are the Pistons!

594099cea5567_pistons3.thumb.png.98bc4daa112d58522c0b5dcc68c4b076.png

Not bad. Kinda out of the box thinking but not bad. 

shado_logo.gif

Archived