NIKE x NBA

STL_ArchMadness

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hawks - I really like everything about this one except for the colors -- it feels like something, likely black or a charcoal gray, is missing. Excellent use of the hawk, though, especially fitting the numbers into the ball instead of awkwardly pushing them up into the upper left or right corner of the chest. The side panels on the shorts are fun, too.

Mavericks - The front of these jerseys are fantastic! I've been struggling to incorporate a similar mint color into an NBA concept recently, but you nailed it here. The back of the jersey has too much mint for my tastes, though, and as much as I like the shorts by themselves I'm not sure they fit as well as they could into this set. Perhaps a little more navy would help?

Jazz - I have no objections to these whatsoever -- outstanding work! Only way they could potentially be improved is with a better color palette, but that's a very minor detail.

Trail Blazers - I'm not entirely sold on the font choice, but everything else about these is clean, classic, and perfect for the Trail Blazers.

Celtics - Way to do just enough to keep things interesting without overthinking it. I can never decide if I prefer the oversized shorts logos to be centered vertically or sit just above the bottom hem, but either way I really like the clover logo replacing the odd striping that doesn't continue onto the jerseys for some reason.

Wizards - The font doesn't fit the American-inspired theme, and the American-inspired theme doesn't fit the 'Wizards' name, but overlooking both of these details I think these are fantastic uniforms.

Lakers - The 'Los Angeles' script is awesome! I've been hoping for them to return to it for some time now. My only nitpick with these would be that there seems to be a bit too much white in the side panels.

Hornets - This is one of the more fun concepts I've seen in a while -- great work!

Pistons - Clever use of the basketball logo, and the clean, classic trim and striping is on point. Not sure about the wordmark and player name font, but other than that this is a very solid uniform.

More fun, creative stuff from you....thanks for sharing!

Thank you all for the comments and criticism! I really enjoy reading the ideas on here especially while I'm doing updates. 

Here is my second update of the series so far, the Cavs! Implemented the new font (cut the Caveliers down to Cavs) and the number font. Updated the color palette ad fixed the shorts logos! Let me know if you guys like this better than the original or if you think there are still some major improvements to make! 

5941bd7519f86_Cavs2.thumb.png.b3d7d685c3642dc24ccc7b78d3ed2f91.png

On 6/13/2017 at 7:05 PM, STL_ArchMadness said:

Ok we're back after a short break. Got 3 more concepts for you guys!

Up first the Lakers!

lakers.thumb.png.fe11150fb809fbe5956a2abe1f9d74ae.png

Lakers concept looks sharp but the shorts too reminiscent of Celtics pattern.

Cavs are really nice, as this whole series has been. I'd flip the sword to face up, but thats' just more of a personal thing. Just having it there looks great.

Also, I love the Washington Monument on the Wizards' uniforms. Not only that, but the design of the uniforms itself is really well done.

Ok so here we have the final 3 concepts of the series, before I update each team!

First up are the Raptors! This is definitely a concept that I will probably be completely overhauling in the second go around. I tried as hard as I could on the Raptors and for some reason I just couldn't get any creative ideas for them. I love the idea of black and gold for them, but will have to work on the overall design. 

59444348d080d_raptors3.thumb.png.b07c24b8a0e8833691a60a17c7d56901.png

Next are the Suns! Tried my best to incorporate the sunset motif for them, I feel like it works well but I will definitely be making some improvements later on. 

suns1.thumb.png.e847ae3e019d16087735c5deef590797.png

Lastly, the Nuggets! Went with the candy striping from inspiration from their alternates this past year (based on the old rainbow striped uni's) and tried to go with a more "mining" style for the overall uniform. Couldn't decide which logo I liked more on top of the wordmark so here are two versions and hopefully you guys have a stronger opinion on one or the other and can help me decide! 

594444427ac15_nuggets2.thumb.png.2ce231557d2e38a698e94f955281eb2b.png5944444b1e9d5_nuggets3.thumb.png.ca967906d1e774f67fd0dc55a31389a9.png

13 minutes ago, STL_ArchMadness said:

Ok so here we have the final 3 concepts of the series, before I update each team!

First up are the Raptors! This is definitely a concept that I will probably be completely overhauling in the second go around. I tried as hard as I could on the Raptors and for some reason I just couldn't get any creative ideas for them. I love the idea of black and gold for them, but will have to work on the overall design. 

59444348d080d_raptors3.thumb.png.b07c24b8a0e8833691a60a17c7d56901.png

Next are the Suns! Tried my best to incorporate the sunset motif for them, I feel like it works well but I will definitely be making some improvements later on. 

suns1.thumb.png.e847ae3e019d16087735c5deef590797.png

Lastly, the Nuggets! Went with the candy striping from inspiration from their alternates this past year (based on the old rainbow striped uni's) and tried to go with a more "mining" style for the overall uniform. Couldn't decide which logo I liked more on top of the wordmark so here are two versions and hopefully you guys have a stronger opinion on one or the other and can help me decide! 

594444427ac15_nuggets2.thumb.png.2ce231557d2e38a698e94f955281eb2b.png5944444b1e9d5_nuggets3.thumb.png.ca967906d1e774f67fd0dc55a31389a9.png

I wish I could've thought of these designs. This whole series is just spectacular. 

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Philippians 4:13

Cavaliers - I really like the simplicity of these -- the slight addition of navy adds the dimension it feels like their current set is missing without doing too much. I think the trim pattern could find its way to the bottoms of the shorts to complete the look.

Raptors - I much prefer these to their current Drake night alternates, though the black stroke around the wordmark is a bit overbearing in its thickness. Also, the proportions of the waistband trim feel very off....I don't have a good suggestion for a fix off the top of my head, but I think a minor adjustment or two would work things out.

Suns - This is an absolutely gorgeous uniform! I have a few nitpicks, and they're both very minor: 1) the gradient is horizontal on the front of the jersey, vertical on the shorts, and both on the back of the jersey (the trim is horizontal, the number is vertical); 2) the two-sided sunburst around the front number is logical if not genius, though it suggests and oval sun and wouldn't accommodate two-digit numbers; and 3) the player name in black on purple is very hard to see. That being said, this is a few minor tweaks away from being possibly my favorite Suns concept ever!

Nuggets - Not a fan of the font or colors, but I love the design of the version with the mountain -- I think the mountain works best with a wordmark, while the crossed pick axes work best by themselves a la their current (now former, I guess?) 'White Gold' pride jerseys.

First drafts were all wildly creative and well-executed, so I definitely can't wait to see the revisions! Keep up the good work!

Archived