8BW14

8BW14's MLB Redesign: Portland Athletics and Seattle Mariners

Recommended Posts

Wow, this is a great Nats concept! The logos are very well done and a big improvement over what they currently use. The Washington Monument-esque point on the "W" is a really clever touch. 

 

If I could make one suggestion, it would be to lighten up the gold a bit. Right now it doesn't quite pop on the red jersey because it's so dark. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although its been over a week since I posted in this thread last, I have one more team today, the Miami Marlins. Their current look has grown on me since they ceased to be the Florida Marlins and officially became the Miami Marlins. Although I like the general idea of their new look, I'm not a fan of the heavy use of black, among other things. My Marlins concept makes better use of the great, bright shades of blue, yellow and orange that are criminally underused in the Marlins identity. Blue is the new primary color and I simplified all of the logos and wordmarks by eliminating black and silver. 5934302754b5a_marlinspresentation.png.a953997f6a039d6006433e9d77aeb0f4.png

59343029504d5_marlinspresentation2.png.50c41a3634f95b1fbe4ca763e3b31c17.png

 

I decided to keep the unique white road wordmark and pair it with white numbers, because for some reason I actually like it. The blue alternate jersey is basically a recolor of the road jersey.

 

As always, I'd love some C&C and feedback is always appreciated. Anyway, thanks for taking a look. Hopefully, the Mets will be up soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 8BW14 said:

Although its been over a week since I posted in this thread last, I have one more team today, the Miami Marlins. Their current look has grown on me since they ceased to be the Florida Marlins and officially became the Miami Marlins. Although I like the general idea of their new look, I'm not a fan of the heavy use of black, among other things. My Marlins concept makes better use of the great, bright shades of blue, yellow and orange that are criminally underused in the Marlins identity. Blue is the new primary color and I simplified all of the logos and wordmarks by eliminating black and silver. 5934302754b5a_marlinspresentation.png.a953997f6a039d6006433e9d77aeb0f4.png

59343029504d5_marlinspresentation2.png.50c41a3634f95b1fbe4ca763e3b31c17.png

 

I decided to keep the unique white road wordmark and pair it with white numbers, because for some reason I actually like it. The blue alternate jersey is basically a recolor of the road jersey.

 

As always, I'd love some C&C and feedback is always appreciated. Anyway, thanks for taking a look. Hopefully, the Mets will be up soon.

 

The Marlins look great! My only concern with this color scheme though is that it might look too similar to the Mets. But on its own, this is a big upgrade over their current look. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I definitely agree with coco1997, it's a great Marin's concept and I think you could distance it from the mets more by adding more yellow throughout. Also any reason for the 'Miami' wordmark at home and 'Marlins' on the road?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those Marlins unis are cool, but I lament the removal of the black jersey. Perhaps you could reintroduce it as a weekend night alt, given that it looks like a night on South Beach, with the neon popping against the black sky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/4/2017 at 11:42 AM, coco1997 said:

 

The Marlins look great! My only concern with this color scheme though is that it might look too similar to the Mets. But on its own, this is a big upgrade over their current look. 

 

On 6/4/2017 at 11:59 AM, BenD said:

I definitely agree with coco1997, it's a great Marin's concept and I think you could distance it from the mets more by adding more yellow throughout. Also any reason for the 'Miami' wordmark at home and 'Marlins' on the road?

 

2 hours ago, CJ Miller said:

Those Marlins unis are cool, but I lament the removal of the black jersey. Perhaps you could reintroduce it as a weekend night alt, given that it looks like a night on South Beach, with the neon popping against the black sky.

 

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you guys on this and that is for the feedback. I don't know if I see the Mets comparison but I think it's a valid point nonetheless. Maybe more black is the way to go. Hopefully the Mets will be done today. Thanks again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally, I've got something new, the last of the NL, the Amazin' Mets. As far as I'm concerned, the Mets have great uniforms. The pinstripes and cap logo are classic and the road greys are top notch as well. So, I didn't actually have much work to do on the Mets. Basically, My approach was addition by subtraction. No more alternate cap with the orange bill and white outlined monogram, no more road alternates, just one blue alternate jersey, classic home pinstripes and New York across the chest of the grey road jerseys. The BP/Spring Training uniform is a play on the racing stripe uniforms of the '86 Mets and Mr. Met makes an appearance on the BP caps.59432c3de6031_newyorkmetspresentation.png.3587798e9c5ec0b539717461021569b0.png

59432c4058138_newyorkmetspresentation2.png.67469515d64bd94737a522ec17846eb8.png

 

Well, that's it for now. Updates to come and then I'll be on to the American League West. Feel free to offer and C&C or input. Thanks for taking the time to have a look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Mets, just as they should be! I don't really have any comments or criticisms because this is exactly how the Mets should look. 

 

Looking forward to the AL West!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, coco1997 said:

The Mets, just as they should be! I don't really have any comments or criticisms because this is exactly how the Mets should look. 

 

Looking forward to the AL West!

 

Thanks, they have such a great set of uniforms, what can you really change? It wasn't really broken so I didn't try to fix it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So today, I have the first of the American League teams to show you guys. The first team from the AL West is the Anaheim Angels. They are no longer the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, just Anaheim. Less is more for the Angels, as far as I'm concerned. I removed all of the beveling in the logos and wordmarks and changed the halo to gold. I think the Angels look great when they utilize navy just as much as red, but I also like the concept of the Angels being the red team in the AL while their neighbors, the Dodgers, are the blue team of the NL. The Angels will remain predominately red with some touches of blue in the scripts and logos.

594685290a337_anaheimangelspresentation.png.9621ef85bc61620e5f8b2e2832df531c.png

5946869beeb86_anaheimangelspresentation2.png.c6d9f2855d0d855f497ef5eb80093b6d.png

 

The jersey scripts are now straight, not arched, no more red-on-red caps or jerseys. the left sleeve of each jersey features a new alternate baseball-wearing-halo logo. The alternate white cap draws the halo from historical Angels caps and the alternate batting Practice/Spring training jersey is paired with a blue-billed, red cap.

 

Well, that's it for the redesigned Anaheim Angels. Stay tuned for the next team. As always, Thanks for taking a look and any comments are always appreciated.  

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a really solid improvement on the Angels' current look. I LOVE that new sleeve logo, as well as the white cap, and there's just the right amount of navy added. 

The non-arched wordmarks would take some getting used to, but I like the idea. My only complaint is that the letters kind of bleed together. 

 

Looking forward to the next team!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please don't bump old threads. This thread was inactive for over six months before it was bumped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that this thread has been dead for almost a year, I am going to start posting some new concepts again, starting with the Cleveland Indians. We all know Chief Wahoo is on his way out and the block C logo isn't a very strong mark on its own IMO, so I combined the block C with a feather to give the plain logo some more character. Aside from Chief wahoo, I think the Indians actually have very strong uniforms, so I didn't make a ton of changes.

DjFgx04.png

The home uniform is pretty much the same as it is now, except for the new logo on the caps and stripes on the socks. The gray road uniform is also pretty much the same except for the addition of striped socks and the new primary logo on the cap, which is all blue.

LPEsLNx.png

the new Saturday alternate uniform is a faux back of sorts, a vest with the logo on the left chest. The blue jersey is a spring training/batting practice jersey, paired with a cap with the Cursive I from the Indians script.

 

Im not sure what's coming next but thanks for having a look and I appreciate any and all feedback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.