Cleveland Indians 'C' Logo

scottyeagle

I think there's a pretty general consensus around here that the current Cleveland Indians logo is generic and not a very strong mark for the team.  I'm also not interested in returning to Chief Wahoo, both for reasons I won't delve into here and because it's just not an aesthetically pleasing logo in my opinion.  So included below are my attempts to create a better logo for the Cleveland Indians: 

Primary Logo (Dark Background)

pa9BAZb.png

Cap Logo

QDCZdYD.png

Let me know what you think and any changes that could/should be made.

Image isn't coming up.

Edit: Yes it is.

I can't say I'm too fond of this design, though it is a good idea. I think the Ohio outline would look better if it was less round, and the edges were sharper. The star feels a tad out of place as well.

6 hours ago, keithisgood said:

Perhaps a more stylized version of Ohio in the Negative Space? Let the state be blue with the bg instead of white?

That, IMO, would work better than the white outline. Let's see how that looks. This is a good idea, but just needs a little refinement. I might also get rid of the star while you're at it, but that could go both ways.

ExJworW.png

• 2 weeks later...

Back at it, here's an update.  A more jagged, angular Ohio in the negative space, and the star is gone.  I also thinned up the C as it was looking pretty fat with these changes. 

vxdhVpO.png

Alternatively, because I'm not sure how I feel about the rigid blockiness of the above logo: 

BaBNVX8.png

I think I'm actually leaning towards #2.  So chew on those a little bit and let me know what you think.

I always thought about including elements of Ohio, like the triangle flag and state outline into possible new logos/team names, but we aren't the only MLB team in Ohio, so...

Cleveland sports for life!
"Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind." -The Doctor

13 hours ago, scottyeagle said:

Back at it, here's an update.  A more jagged, angular Ohio in the negative space, and the star is gone.  I also thinned up the C as it was looking pretty fat with these changes. 

vxdhVpO.png

Alternatively, because I'm not sure how I feel about the rigid blockiness of the above logo: 

BaBNVX8.png

I think I'm actually leaning towards #2.  So chew on those a little bit and let me know what you think.

They're both pretty good, but I think I'm still leaning to #1. I wonder if there's not a way to make the Ohio negative space even a bit more subtle than it already is? And I'd like to see it with the ascending serif like CLE uses on the current block C.

13 hours ago, EvilChameleon said:

I always thought about including elements of Ohio, like the triangle flag and state outline into possible new logos/team names, but we aren't the only MLB team in Ohio, so...

False. Cincinnati is in Kentucky.

I came here to reply to the first version to suggest exactly what you did in the second version. Option #1 is 100% better of Take II. The state outline should be subtle, something to make the C special for Ohio, but not so obvious that it looks like a five year old who is holding a crayon like a knife.

I might even look into smoothing the state borders out.

Archived