My first...

smzimbabwe

After seeing a lot of these. I have to ask. Does anyone else keep track of all the games they've attended? I have several files that are simply documenting what games I've attend. Date, league, winner, score, loser, score, venue, city, state, misc, etc. Been doing it since I was teenager, though back then it was quite easy to remember even without documenting them. But, one day I thought of the handful of games I had attended, and started a list. Had to research some early high school football games, but it's set about trying to actually see games 'everywhere', for example.

I've seen a game in every state but Alaska, Hawaii, Oregon, Idaho, South Dakota, Arkansas, Alabama, Virginia, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, and Rhode Island. And, South Dakota, Virginia, and Alabama are going to be crossed off this year, hopefully.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Sykotyk said:

After seeing a lot of these. I have to ask. Does anyone else keep track of all the games they've attended? I have several files that are simply documenting what games I've attend. Date, league, winner, score, loser, score, venue, city, state, misc, etc. Been doing it since I was teenager, though back then it was quite easy to remember even without documenting them. But, one day I thought of the handful of games I had attended, and started a list. Had to research some early high school football games, but it's set about trying to actually see games 'everywhere', for example.

I've seen a game in every state but Alaska, Hawaii, Oregon, Idaho, South Dakota, Arkansas, Alabama, Virginia, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, and Rhode Island. And, South Dakota, Virginia, and Alabama are going to be crossed off this year, hopefully.

Not quite that detailed, but I've made a point since around grad school to keep ALL athletic ticket stubs, which helps in terms of a record (though these days more often than not a "ticket stub" is a print-out from StubHub or the organization). I have quite a few ticket stubs from before then, but not all of them. Thankfully I've got a very good memory for detail and remember most of the games I saw prior to the full ticket stub record.

I do keep a running total of all the teams I've seen, and all the pro facilities I've been in or at least seen/drove by (quite a few of those). Seen all of the NFL and NBA teams, and just need to add Cleveland to have seen the entire MLB.

Just did a quick count/calc, and have seen games in 16 states and the District of Columbia.

It is what it is.

First Minor League Baseball Game: Columbus Clippers def. Rochester Red Wings, Huntington Park, July 26, 2015

First NASCAR Race: Martinsville Speedway, November 1, 2015 - Jeff Gordon's Final Victory (Best day of my life!)

First NFL Game: New England Patriots def. Cleveland Browns @ Cleveland, October 2016 - Tom Brady's first game back from suspension.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Like others, in chronological order, and thanks to the internet for all the scores/dates that I sure as hell don't remember:

MiLB: Greenville Braves @ Charlotte Knights, 1990 (I was 3 and don't remember - I thought I'd never gone to a baseball game with my family until I found this stub at my parents' house a few weeks ago). First one I remember is a Knights game in 1992.

NBA: Charlotte Hornets, 1991-92. First game I remember is Bullets @ Hornets in 1996.

NASCAR Busch Series: 1992 Mark III Vans 300, Darlington (Winner: Robert Pressley); March 28, 1992

NASCAR Winston Cup Series: 1993 First Union 400, North Wilkesboro (Winner: Rusty Wallace); April 18, 1993

Arena Football: Massachusetts Marauders 55 @ Charlotte Rage 37; June 24, 1994

NFL: San Francisco 49ers 7 @ Carolina Panthers 23; September 22, 1996

Minor league hockey: ECHL South Carolina Stingrays @ Charlotte Checkers, 1997

Open-wheel racing: 1997 VisionAire 500K, Charlotte (Winner: Buddy Lazier); July 26, 1997

Professional bull riding: Charlotte Coliseum, 1997

NCAA Basketball: Winthrop Eagles, 1997. First one I can verify is High Point 64 @ Winthrop 80; Big South Tournament First Round, March 4, 2003

World Baseball Classic: Venezuela 10, USA 6; Miami, FL; March 18, 2009

MLB: Chicago Cubs 1 @ Philadelphia Phillies 10; July 20, 2009

NHL: Toronto Maple Leafs 0 @ Tampa Bay Lightning 3; April 8, 2014

International Soccer: Cuba 1-0 Guatemala/Mexico 4-4 Trinidad & Tobago; CONCACAF Gold Cup, Charlotte, NC; July 15, 2015

Notables I have yet to attend: NCAA football, MLS, CFL, WNBA, PGA, Olympics, World Cup, boxing/MMA, F1

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Archived