2017 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LII

canzman

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/4/2017 at 3:45 PM, PaleVermilion81 said:

I don't think all white works for them anymore, sadly enough. Simply because of the striping. On the jerseys, the yellow sleeve stripe has white surrounding it but on the pants the yellow stripe has purple surrounding it. It just doesn't feel balanced to me. It feels like the uniform was designed specifically for purple jersey/white pants or white jersey/purple pants because of that. 

I don't understand why the sleeve stripes don't match the pant stripes. You can't make out the yellow on the jerseys so it looks like there's just a purple stripe there.

I haven't see it leaked anywhere yet, but the Captains patches for the NFL's Crucial Catch initiative (basically replaces the pink Breast Cancer) is an eyesore.

Its basically a multicolored stripe pattern. You may have seen it on other elements but when you see the Captain patch ... its pretty awful.

The multi color pattern represents many different cancers, not just pink for breast. And overall its a decent brand, but the application on captains patch is bad

http://www.nfl.com/crucialcatch

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

10 minutes ago, goforbroke said:

I haven't see it leaked anywhere yet, but the Captains patches for the NFL's Crucial Catch initiative (basically replaces the pink Breast Cancer) is an eyesore.

Its basically a multicolored stripe pattern. You may have seen it on other elements but when you see the Captain patch ... its pretty awful.

The multi color pattern represents many different cancers, not just pink for breast. And overall its a decent brand, but the application on captains patch is bad

http://www.nfl.com/crucialcatch

At least it is better than the Pinktober nonsense we have had to deal with.  On that, I was wondering if the NFL could go the route of the NHL.  Designate October something and use that lavender colour for cancer awareness, which is exactly what the NHL does.  

2 hours ago, goforbroke said:

Yes one game excluding color rush

Well their color rush is green and I'm guessing it's against the cowboys. I was hoping they would wear navy on the road vs the jaguars so they could wear grey pants with it instead of the normal navy

7 minutes ago, s3ahawkz said:

Well their color rush is green and I'm guessing it's against the cowboys. I was hoping they would wear navy on the road vs the jaguars so they could wear grey pants with it instead of the normal navy

Their color rush is against the Cardinals so they will either wear all lime green or all white.  But if all lime green isn't enough of a contrast i don't know what is. 

Its not against the Jaguars, they are wearing black at home Week 14 so Seahawks in White that game.

2 hours ago, tohasbo said:

At least it is better than the Pinktober nonsense we have had to deal with.  On that, I was wondering if the NFL could go the route of the NHL.  Designate October something and use that lavender colour for cancer awareness, which is exactly what the NHL does.  

Under the program each team is allowed to select which cancer they want to bring awareness too.

Their choices are:
Navy - Colon Cancer Awareness
Pink - Breast Cancer Awareness
Lavender - General Cancer Awareness

Teal - Cervical Cancer Awareness
Blue - Prostate Cancer Awareness
Gold - Childhood Cancer Awareness
White - Lung Cancer Awareness
Gray - Brain Cancer Awareness
Orange - Kidney Cancer Awareness
Purple - Pancreatic Cancer Awareness
Black - Melanoma Awareness
Emerald Green - Liver Cancer Awareness

The only team I know of for sure that selected something other than Breast Cancer Awareness is the Jets. As they opted for Gold - Childhood Cancer Awareness.

55 minutes ago, goforbroke said:

Their color rush is against the Cardinals so they will either wear all lime green or all white.  But if all lime green isn't enough of a contrast i don't know what is. 

Its not against the Jaguars, they are wearing black at home Week 14 so Seahawks in White that game.

Oh I meant their color rush is vs the Cardinals and they will be wearing navy on the road vs the Cowboys. Last time they were in Dallas though they wore all navy instead of the grey pants which is the ones I want to see them wear

HELLO!!!

I have finally turned 13 today and i have been so excited to post something! I have follow this forever and now I can have a Say

Earlier about 2 weeks ago I was reading the posts about the browns going with.... You guessed it! White/White/Orange and someone asked what there uni combo for the Browns-Titans game in week 7  as they had tickets to the game. The BROWNs replied, saying they would be going BROWN/BROWN/and probably brown socks :huh:So the mono brown is true! 

A few things

• This game will be pretty ugly
  • Hoping the Titans finally wear their light blue pants so it will be a little more pleasing
  • The browns actually know what their wearing (surprising)

Yeah, I heard everyone talking about the brown on brown and i was anticipating to say this but im finally 13 and now i can post! CYA :D

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

14 minutes ago, RealSkillsAbraham said:

HELLO!!!

I have finally turned 13 today and i have been so excited to post something! I have follow this forever and now I can have a Say

Earlier about 2 weeks ago I was reading the posts about the browns going with.... You guessed it! White/White/Orange and someone asked what there uni combo for the Browns-Titans game in week 7  as they had tickets to the game. The BROWNs replied, saying they would be going BROWN/BROWN/and probably brown socks :huh:So the mono brown is true! 

A few things

• This game will be pretty ugly
  • Hoping the Titans finally wear their light blue pants so it will be a little more pleasing
  • The browns actually know what their wearing (surprising)

Yeah, I heard everyone talking about the brown on brown and i was anticipating to say this but im finally 13 and now i can post! CYA :D

Why couldn't you say anything before you were 13? ?

Thinking about it now, I didn't really notice any pink on either the Patriots or the Bucs. 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

13 hours ago, Chawls said:

Thinking about it now, I didn't really notice any pink on either the Patriots or the Bucs. 

Besides the fact that they are phasing out the pink for a more general cancer awareness, the other reason for that is probably color rush. Buccaneers will likely do their "pink" game or whatever rainbow they are doing at their next home game.  Same wth the patriots.  They probably just didn't want to muddy up the color rush promotion with the crucial catch stuff 

Archived