2017 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LII

canzman

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Already posted week 11, jumping ahead to week 12 which has some interesting stuff in it due to thanksgiving:

Right now, the Rams are the only team scheduled to wear white at home, with the Saints scheduled to wear color on road.

That means on the schedule the Cowboys are scheduled to wear navy at home on thanksgiving, its not designated as throwback but it should be their throwback navy uniforms.  This is the only color home game on the schedule for the cowboys, and it was implied they may try to wear navy at home more often (once is more often than zero).
However, the Chargers are scheduled to wear color against the cowboys, and not just color but actually their alt powder blues.  But I don't think that is correct. If I had to guess before this was finalized the chargers assumed they would were color on the road and chose powder blue. But they will probably be in white against Cowboys in navy throwback.

The Lions are also scheduled to wear throwbacks. And there is one more throwback on the schedule.

There are also two other color alternates in addition to the chargers on the schedule.

The Redskins and Giants are not scheduled to wear throwbacks on Thanksgiving night, which seems like a missed oppurtunity to me but whatever.  Not color rush either so it will be a burgendy vs. white matchup.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

This is just a guess - but this is probably the first time in a long time the cowboys will go three straight weeks without wearing their classic white over silver/green uniforms. 
Week 12: Navy Throwbacks
Week 13: White Color Rush
Week 14: Navy on Road vs. Giants in white color rush

7 minutes ago, goforbroke said:

This is just a guess - but this is probably the first time in a long time the cowboys will go three straight weeks without wearing their classic white over silver/green uniforms. 

R the cowboys wearing there regular navy uniforms

15 hours ago, canzman said:

The Bucs haven't used those pants at all in the regular season. Why over half way though the season would they suddenly use them? If they planned to use them in the regular season don't you think they would have by now.

@canzman the bucs have never worn the uniform combo you have put what makes you think they will all of a sudden 

8 minutes ago, arron said:

R the cowboys wearing there regular navy uniforms

Cowboys don't have the navy throwback listed on the uniform designation grid at all. Which is why it just says Color for Week 12.   So i can't say with 100% certainty if Week 14 is reg navy or throwback but I'm pretty confident its just their normal navy, The Giants' white color rush is basically a throwback which is why there's a very slim chance the cowboys may opt for a throwback as well, but that is not likely . 

18 minutes ago, goforbroke said:

Cowboys haven’t worn a throwback since the one helmet rule, so I don’t think they would now. 

1 minute ago, goforbroke said:

Cowboys don't have the navy throwback listed on the uniform designation grid at all. Which is why it just says Color for Week 12.   So i can't say with 100% certainty if Week 14 is reg navy or throwback but I'm pretty confident its just their normal navy, The Giants' white color rush is basically a throwback which is why there's a very slim chance the cowboys may opt for a throwback as well, but that is not likely . 

I was wondering about week 12 on thanksgiving 

On 11/12/2017 at 8:11 AM, arron said:

Most likely the packers will. But what color would they change it to.?

The green they use for the face masks is so dark it pretty much looks black anyway so there's no point in changing it.

1 hour ago, goforbroke said:

In 2015 they wore:

Week 10

Nov-15-Cowboys-Story-1.jpg

Week 11:

5673952.jpg

Week 12:

image.jpg

1 hour ago, goforbroke said:

The Redskins hate their color rush jerseys (Proposed a bylaw in March permitting teams to opt out of color rush participation). They will most likely opt for their regular burgundy over gold at home in week 13, meaning the Cowboys will just wear their regular white.

The Cowboys are scheduled to not wear their regular white 3 times this year (Preseason @ Rams, Thanksgiving vs. Chargers, @ Giants Week 14). The Cowboys will wear their white color rush unis on Thanksgiving vs. the Chargers like they did Thanksgiving 2015 vs. Carolina, meaning the Chargers scheduled to wear powder blue is correct.

Cam+Newton+Carolina+Panthers+v+Dallas+Co

1 hour ago, FroznYogurt said:

The Redskins hate their color rush jerseys (Proposed a bylaw in March permitting teams to opt out of color rush participation). They will most likely opt for their regular burgundy over gold at home in week 13, meaning the Cowboys will just wear their regular white.

The Cowboys are scheduled to not wear their regular white 3 times this year (Preseason @ Rams, Thanksgiving vs. Chargers, @ Giants Week 14). The Cowboys will wear their white color rush unis on Thanksgiving vs. the Chargers like they did Thanksgiving 2015 vs. Carolina, meaning the Chargers scheduled to wear powder blue is correct.

Cam+Newton+Carolina+Panthers+v+Dallas+Co

I'm just going by the designation guide... this is what it says:

Cowboys Week 12: Color
Cowboys Week 13: Color Rush

Cowboys Week 14: Color

@shstpt1 made a good point about the helmets, and even though the navy alt is still in their style guide its not listed as a uniform option.  So I think its going to be correct according to the designation.  Normal Navy at home Week 12. White Color Rush week 13 (If Redskins opt out that doesn't affect if cowboys do it or not) and Navy week 14 on the road.

The only thing the designation got wrong i think is Chargers in powder blue Week 12, but as i said that might have been done before they knew cowboys are opting for navy at home.

Archived