2017 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LII

canzman

1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

Would it be at all possible to see the Redskins go with all burgundy against the Cowboys for their color rush matchup since they don't want to wear all gold?

No they will probably wear all gold. They should've just made their color rush all burgundy if they didn't like their color rush

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like that the Titans have worn their baby blue jerseys three times and they've been for away games each time. I wish more teams did that with their alternate jerseys to keep consistent looks when they're either on the road or at home. 

18 hours ago, ARTnSocal said:

With the Bills ridiculously choosing to wear all-white they should wear the all-white throwbacks since the game is against one of the other 7 charter members of the AFL, but that would make way too much sense.  The Bills Equipment Mgr's don't seem to understand that NFL regulations allow all teams to wear their alternate uniform set twice per season, not just once.

As for the Chargers, I don't' believe that anything they do now or in their upcoming seasons is gonna help them acquire a new LA identity or help them build a new fan-base in LA.

The Chargers threw away a fan-base that was 56 years in the making and the NFL allowed this to happen.  The late Pete Rozelle never would have let that occur without a big fight.  Two teams in LA is madness!  If these billionaire owners are really gonna attempt to strip Jerry Jones of his Dallas ownership (as has been in the news these past few days) they need to do the very same with Dean Spanos and return that team to SD where they belong. 

I would guess the decision about what uniforms the Bills are wearing on what day is not made by the Bills' equipment staff. I suspect it's a marketing or coaching staff decision that probably has to be run by ownership. The equipment staff might have input based on logistical decision that have to be made, but no way they're making that call or when and if to wearh throwbacks.

Even if the coaching staff makes the call before the season, they're usually not that involved to the degree of when to wear a throwback. If the head coach makes the uniform call, it's probably more along the lines of "white jersey" or "blue jersey" and pants color, too. And if the coaching staff makes the decision, the marketing staff probably suggests when it would be a good time to go with throwbacks. 

19 hours ago, canzman said:

Already announced that the Dolphins will be in their Aqua throwbacks when they host the Bills.

So will that be the game that the Bills wear their throwbacks for a second time, do ya know?

That one is on New Years Eve day.

That would make too much sense ....

On 11/5/2017 at 10:30 PM, djam2410 said:

This picture makes the dolphins look more blue than aqua 

(I know it was probably the camera that did this but I wouldn't mind this being an alternate if it was the darker navy instead of all orange ) 

870696148.jpg

The Dolphins uniforms just look really good in my opinion. They still look classic with modern bright colors that go well together. Of all the teams in the Nfl from the logo, to the Dolphin Mascot to the colors they just say South Florida.... This Look the Camera catches is really a nice shade of Blue and the white matches the Helmet...  The other two teams in Florida just have a mess of Uniform and Logo.... The Jaguars rhymes with Jacksonville so that is good, I would like to see them go with Black, White and Gold as their colors and do away with Teal, dont copy Miami go with your own look ( stay away from nike!!)  The Buccarneers wow now that is a mess of a uniform not sure what they should do although I did like the creamsickle colors just not the logo of the pirate

1 hour ago, Mack said:

The Dolphins uniforms just look really good in my opinion. They still look classic with modern bright colors that go well together. Of all the teams in the Nfl from the logo, to the Dolphin Mascot to the colors they just say South Florida.... This Look the Camera catches is really a nice shade of Blue and the white matches the Helmet...  The other two teams in Florida just have a mess of Uniform and Logo.... The Jaguars rhymes with Jacksonville so that is good, I would like to see them go with Black, White and Gold as their colors and do away with Teal, dont copy Miami go with your own look ( stay away from nike!!)  The Buccarneers wow now that is a mess of a uniform not sure what they should do although I did like the creamsickle colors just not the logo of the pirate

What?

6 hours ago, Mack said:

Jags should not drop teal, it's the only saving grace they have. Dolphins need to slightly update their throw backs and it's perfect. Buccs...yeah...it's a mess.

On 11/17/2017 at 9:16 AM, cheo25 said:

I would guess the decision about what uniforms the Bills are wearing on what day is not made by the Bills' equipment staff. I suspect it's a marketing or coaching staff decision that probably has to be run by ownership. The equipment staff might have input based on logistical decision that have to be made, but no way they're making that call or when and if to wearh throwbacks.

Even if the coaching staff makes the call before the season, they're usually not that involved to the degree of when to wear a throwback. If the head coach makes the uniform call, it's probably more along the lines of "white jersey" or "blue jersey" and pants color, too. And if the coaching staff makes the decision, the marketing staff probably suggests when it would be a good time to go with throwbacks. 

Judging from the Bills Equipment Staff twitter page it can be very assumed they decide the uniforms

On 11/16/2017 at 9:21 PM, G-tron said:

I like that the Titans have worn their baby blue jerseys three times and they've been for away games each time. I wish more teams did that with their alternate jerseys to keep consistent looks when they're either on the road or at home. 

I wish they could wear Columbia over White for a game where they play the Texans (either in Nashville, or in Houston if the Texans do their home-opening #whiteout routine).

1 hour ago, llfhockey said:

Judging from the Bills Equipment Staff twitter page it can be very assumed they decide the uniforms

Based on what? Just because the staff tells you on Twitter what they're wearing doesn't mean they make the decisions. Actually, probably goes something like this:

Coach/marketing to equipment staff: "White jerseys and white pants this week."

Equipment staff on Twitter: "We're wearing white jerseys and white pants this week."

The Bills equipment staff is far from the only equipment staff in the country that posts their uniform combo on Twitter, and I'm really sure all of those equipment staffs aren't make the uniform color/pants decisions in every single case. So it's a big leap to think the equipment staff makes the choice just because they're posting the combos on Twitter.

1 minute ago, Mitch B said:

The NY Giants v. The KC Chiefs is a great looking game ... kind of reminds me of the Prp Bowl games of the 70's.

I still wish the Giants would go back to grey pants, but it's still a great looking game. Blue vs. red is always a good color battle. 

5 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

I still wish the Giants would go back to grey pants, but it's still a great looking game. Blue vs. red is always a good color battle. 

I agree completely.  I dig the grey pants, but the contrast between the 2 teams is excellent in this game.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Archived