canzman

2017 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LII

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Don't forget this

Wash2_display_image.jpg?1330824311

 

I totally forgot about those! I love that logo. 

 

I also forgot about this one:

 

img13934572.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Plus there's throwbacks for:

 

Denver

Seattle

Tennessee

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, the heat suck said:

Plus there's throwbacks for:

 

Denver

Seattle

Tennessee

 

The only team that wears a throwback on that is titans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Judging from whats been happening if the titans really wanted to they could put a red face mask logos and stripes on there helmet 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Teams that don’t necessarily need different helmets for throwbacks:

• Saints

• Falcons 

• Panthers 

• Giants

• Bears

• Packers?

• Lions

• Vikings 

• Cardinals 

• 49ers

• Rams

• Texans (LOL)

• Titans

• Colts

• Jets

• Dolphins 

• Bills

• Bengals?

• Browns

• Steelers

• Ravens (LOL again)

• Raiders

• Chiefs 

• Chargers 

 

 That’s 24 teams who can conceivably wear one of their more popular throwbacks if they simply change their facemasks and helmet decals.

 

That’s ¾ of the entire league, FWIW. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Selfishly though, I do wish that the NFL allowed for at least one more alternate helmet. I feel that Washington pulled a genius move with their throwback uniforms when they went with this fauxback helmet, which our benevolent dictator The Creamer himself, @CC97 covered when they were unveiled back in 2012

 

usatsi_6732858-1024x682.jpg?w=1000&h=665

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DouglasQuaid said:

The Texans could do a fauxback white helmet like they had before the final design.bobmcnair990.jpg

Am I the only one that hates this helmet with a passion? The navy works so much better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Denver's "throwback" is what they use for Color Rush. I have not seen any throwbacks for the other two teams. Seattle has a gray alternate; while the Titans Columbia Blue is considered more an alternate to the current design--not an Oilers throwback

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Am I the only one that hates this helmet with a passion? The navy works so much better.

I would have rather seen the white helmet. Even with the white outline, the blue from the logo blends into the current helmet and most times you only see the red.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the Bills are wearing blue pants at KC just like they did in 2015. They wore blue pants at Oakland last year when they had back in 2014 as well. Why can't they wear them against new teams instead of wasting them on matchups we've already seen and giving us all white against teams they rarely play? (not that they care) Their management hasn't changed that much in 3 years, has it? They've also played at Cincy the last 2 seasons and have worn all white both times. Why not break out the blue pants one of those games and wear all white against a team you recently wore the blue pants against? I just don't understand the thought process there. Does anyone agree or am I just babbling here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NFLfan10 said:

So the Bills are wearing blue pants at KC just like they did in 2015. They wore blue pants at Oakland last year when they had back in 2014 as well. Why can't they wear them against new teams instead of wasting them on matchups we've already seen and giving us all white against teams they rarely play? (not that they care) Their management hasn't changed that much in 3 years, has it? They've also played at Cincy the last 2 seasons and have worn all white both times. Why not break out the blue pants one of those games and wear all white against a team you recently wore the blue pants against? I just don't understand the thought process there. Does anyone agree or am I just babbling here?

You're just babbling. I don't think anybody on the team cares about these uniform combos to that level. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, DNAsports said:

I would have rather seen the white helmet. Even with the white outline, the blue from the logo blends into the current helmet and most times you only see the red.

 

Totes. The white is a better look imo, albeit maybe not with the uniforms they went with. I like how the white key line disappears making the logo two distinct shapes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2017 at 11:10 PM, djam2410 said:

 

no he is not. I don't want Pandora's Box opened up with multiple helmets. Alt helmets should be saved for throwbacks and that's it. Considering the NFL can't really sell helmets (unless you want to count mini helmets which already have multiple colorways and custom made ones done), there is no incentive for them to let each team have 2/3 helmets. Lots of teams also already have solid brands and a second helmet doesn't make sense.

 

Browns

Dolphins

49ers

Bengals 

Packers

Vikings

Colts

 

I could make this list longer but those teams definitely don't need an alternate helmet besides a decal swap for throwbacks

 

I liked the colts 2010 alternate with the blue helmet, personally, and I would make that the alternate, but I'm probably in the minority

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the Bills in blue pants on the road against the Chiefs is the best-looking matchup in the NFL. It's a great use of primary colors and the balance of white jersey/colored pants vs. colored jersey/white pants is so clean and attractive. The block number font helps too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, phutmasterflex said:

You're just babbling. I don't think anybody on the team cares about these uniform combos to that level. 

 

Words to live by for every hardcore member on this site. Every time you find yourself getting upset about your favorite team's uniform decisions, just repeat the above (maybe leaving out the word "combo" if necessary). Then log onto here and pour your heart out about it, and the rest of us will listen and metaphorically nod in sympathy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.